|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Armored Against Fear (pages 135-152).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dead boy's mother decide to do after the trial in the chapter "The Dream"?
(a) Attack the judge in court.
(b) Plead her son's case before the journalists and writers.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Shoot the man who murdered her son.
2. The dead boy's mother channeled her anger into _____.
3. What does the author mean when he says black children are told to be "twice as good"?
(a) They are expected to behave better than white children when in public.
(b) They are being warned to be streetwise and tough.
(c) It is a subtle threat for a beating.
(d) It is a code for watching out for police officers.
4. According to the author, who controls the streets of Baltimore?
(a) The crews.
(b) The students.
(c) The police.
(d) The parents.
5. What sense does the author describe experiencing as he watched television as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the problem with defining a race?
2. What does the author remember about Manhattan?
3. How does the author describe Prince Jones' upbringing?
4. According to the author, whom or what do the police reflect?
5. What is the "one-drop" rule?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)