|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Armored Against Fear (pages 135-152).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby did the author pursue while at Howard University?
2. How old is the author's son at the time the memoir is written?
3. How does the author describe the classroom?
(a) A palace of thought.
(b) A jail of other people's interests.
(c) The road to freedom.
(d) An open, unending forum of ideas.
4. According to the author, why couldn't Dr. Jones rely on her country for help?
(a) America forgets too quickly.
(b) Americans do not care about each other.
(c) America is run by those who killed her son.
(d) America likes to sweep its dirt under the rug.
5. According to the author, slavery transfigured black bodies into:
(a) Beasts of burden.
(b) Hollow shells of former men.
(d) Sugar, tobacco, cotton and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the death of Prince Jones affect the author emotionally?
2. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
3. What realization does the author have about his university education?
4. What event had the author attended just prior to his interview with Dr. Jones?
5. Why did Prince Jones choose Howard University over Harvard?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)