|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Armored Against Fear (pages 135-152).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dead boy's mother channeled her anger into _____.
2. According to the author, some black people justify the destruction of black bodies for the sake of:
(a) Controlling the population.
(b) Keeping the police away.
(c) Preservation of order.
3. How does the author describe Prince Jones' upbringing?
4. How did the author's father react when the author threatened his 9th grade teacher?
(a) His father called the police.
(b) His father confronted the teacher.
(c) His father confronted the principal.
(d) His father beat him.
5. Who is Linda Heywood?
(a) A protester from the Lawn.
(b) A Howard professor specialized in Central Africa.
(c) An American poet.
(d) A musician the author met at The Mecca.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are racism and race linked?
2. What one regret does Dr. Jones have about Prince?
3. What hope does the author have for his son?
4. According to the author, how much was the slave population worth at the start of the Civil War?
5. Why did Prince Jones choose Howard University over Harvard?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)