|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Armored Against Fear (pages 135-152).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advantages has the author's son had growing up?
(a) Less racism, the Internet and a world culture.
(b) A black president, social networks, omnipresent media and black culture.
(c) Wealth and private schools.
(d) A safer neighborhood, better schools and more freedom.
2. Where is Howard University located?
(a) Baltimore, MD.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Hampton, VA.
(d) Atlanta, GA.
3. How does the author describe Prince Jones' upbringing?
4. Where did the author meet the mother of his son?
(a) The Mecca.
(c) New York.
5. What realization did the author make about death in the sixth grade?
(a) Death can occur without warning.
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Death chases after the living.
(d) Death does not wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the author describe as his "wedding ring"?
2. How does the author describe Malcolm X?
3. Why does the author apologize to his son?
4. What does the author tell his son about promises?
5. Whose last worlds were "This stops today!"
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)