|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author feel it was unnecessary to forgive the man who killed Prince Jones?
(a) The man needed to forgive himself.
(b) Forgiveness does not bring back the dead.
(c) He was merely expressing America's beliefs about black men.
(d) He was dead.
2. Where was the memorial service for Prince Jones held?
(a) Howard University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The White House.
(d) Arlington Cemetery.
3. What is "the Yard"?
(a) A club in downtown Atlanta.
(b) A strip of green grass near the White House where protesters gather.
(c) An area near the docks in Virginia where students gather.
(d) A communal green space at Howard University when students gather.
4. As a child, what baffled the author about the nonviolent protests of the civil rights moment?
(a) Kids should not see violent television.
(b) He felt the police should have helped more.
(c) Violence is illegal.
(d) He had been raised in a violent society.
5. What did the author notice about white children in Manhattan?
(a) They were fearless.
(b) They were hungry.
(c) There were very few of them.
(d) They clung to their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell his son about responsibility?
2. What threats were made against the author when his son was pushed off the escalator?
3. What did the author have to learn from his son's mother?
4. According to the author, what is the problem with defining a race?
5. Whom does the author describe as his "wedding ring"?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)