|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
(a) The world is a terrifying place.
(b) All children live in fear.
(c) There are children in other neighborhoods who do not live in fear.
(d) There is hope for his escape.
2. According to the author, it is important that whether one wins or loses the fight, who should be by your side?
3. What does the author remember about Manhattan?
(a) That it once housed slave auctions.
(b) It was where he learned to believe in humanity again.
(c) That is is a beautiful city.
(d) It is where his son was born.
4. What does the author tell his son about responsibility?
(a) He is only responsible for himself.
(b) He is responsible for his body and the bodies of others.
(c) He is responsible for his family.
(d) Responsibility comes with a price.
5. According to the author, slavery transfigured black bodies into:
(a) Beasts of burden.
(b) Hollow shells of former men.
(d) Sugar, tobacco, cotton and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the outcome of the trial on page 112?
2. According to senator John C. Calhoun, "The two great divisions of society are not the rich and the poor, but _____" what?
3. How does the author describe the love of white families for their children?
4. What does the author tell his son about promises?
5. Whom does the author describe as the "below of the country"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)