|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Self-Awareness (pages 88-108).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Tamir Rice when he was shot?
2. What is "The Dream" that Coats refers to?
(a) Hope for the future.
(b) Principles set out by the Declaration of Independence.
(c) The misconception that all Americans, regardless of race, can achieve success.
(d) The ability of every person to achieve their personal goals.
3. What does the author mean when he says black children are told to be "twice as good"?
(a) It is a subtle threat for a beating.
(b) They are being warned to be streetwise and tough.
(c) It is a code for watching out for police officers.
(d) They are expected to behave better than white children when in public.
4. What eventually happened to the officer who shot Prince Jones?
(a) He left the police force.
(b) He was sent to jail.
(c) He returned to work.
(d) He was lynched by a mob.
5. Whom does the author describe as his "wedding ring"?
(a) His soul.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years were black people enslaved in America?
2. Which writer inspired the author as a young man?
3. Coats explains that the young men who walk the streets of Baltimore loud and rude do so because:
4. Whom does the author describe as the "below of the country"?
5. Whose death reminded the author that his world and his son's were one and the same?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)