|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Self-Awareness (pages 88-108).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell his son about responsibility?
(a) He is responsible for his body and the bodies of others.
(b) He is responsible for his family.
(c) Responsibility comes with a price.
(d) He is only responsible for himself.
2. What sorts of toys was the author not allowed to have as a child?
(a) Anything that was non-educational.
(b) Those with white faces.
(c) Those that used batteries.
(d) Anything made by Disney.
3. The author views the school systems and the streets as:
(a) Arms of the same beast.
(b) The different universes.
(c) Opposite ends of a pole.
(d) Two warring nations.
4. According to the author, some black people justify the destruction of black bodies for the sake of:
(a) Keeping the police away.
(c) Preservation of order.
(d) Controlling the population.
5. According to the author, "In America, it is traditional to destroy the _____" what?
(b) Black body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threats were made against the author when his son was pushed off the escalator?
2. According to the author, whom or what do the police reflect?
3. According to the author, how much was the slave population worth at the start of the Civil War?
4. According to the author, the purpose of the public school system is to:
5. For whom was the author's son named?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)