|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Self-Awareness (pages 88-108).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author refrain from comforting his son when Michael Brown's killers were set free?
(a) He was too sad to move off the couch,
(b) His son locked the bedroom door.
(c) He was busy calling the news station.
(d) He feels he pain of grief is an important lesson.
2. What did the author's mother urge him to do when he was in trouble at school?
3. What did the author's father collect?
4. What does the author tell his son about promises?
(a) A promise is worth its weight in gold.
(b) A man's word is his bond.
(c) No promise is unbreakable.
(d) A promise lasts forever.
5. According to the author, America believes itself to be:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is PG County?
2. At what age does the author remember witnessing his first street fight?
3. Coats explains that the young men who walk the streets of Baltimore loud and rude do so because:
4. How did the author feel when he strolled his young son through a traditionally white neighborhood?
5. What concern does the author have about the lessons he is trying to teach his son?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)