|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Rose By Any Other Name (pages 47-71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, it is important that whether one wins or loses the fight, who should be by your side?
2. How did the author's father react when the author threatened his 9th grade teacher?
(a) His father called the police.
(b) His father beat him.
(c) His father confronted the principal.
(d) His father confronted the teacher.
3. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
(b) Hard work.
4. What realization did the author make about death in the sixth grade?
(a) Death can occur without warning.
(b) Death chases after the living.
(c) Death does not wait.
(d) Death is inevitable.
5. How are racism and race linked?
(a) People don't like what they don't understand.
(b) They are both unfair.
(c) They are not linked.
(d) Categorizing people groups inevitably causes a power struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author spend most of his time at The Mecca?
2. How does the author describe Malcolm X?
3. What sense does the author describe experiencing as he watched television as a child?
4. What does the author tell his son about responsibility?
5. What sorts of toys was the author not allowed to have as a child?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)