|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Rose By Any Other Name (pages 47-71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is PG County?
(a) A poet from Long Island.
(b) Price Goldwin County, MA.
(c) Prince George's County, MD.
(d) Princeton-Gordon County, Washington, DC.
2. According to the author, it is important that whether one wins or loses the fight, who should be by your side?
3. How does the author describe the classroom?
(a) An open, unending forum of ideas.
(b) A palace of thought.
(c) The road to freedom.
(d) A jail of other people's interests.
4. What sorts of toys was the author not allowed to have as a child?
(a) Anything made by Disney.
(b) Those that used batteries.
(c) Those with white faces.
(d) Anything that was non-educational.
5. Whom did the girl with the long dreads love?
(a) Prince Jones.
(b) The Author.
(c) Malcom X.
(d) Maya Angelou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the girl with the long dreads teach the author?
2. What type of work did the author's father do?
3. What important skills did the author's mother teach him?
4. Where does the author begin his memoir?
5. What is "The Mecca" that the author describes to his son?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)