|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Growing Up Black (pages 21-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe his experience in the Baltimore public schools?
2. What has been the prevalent emotion in the author's life?
3. At what age does the author remember witnessing his first street fight?
4. What sense does the author describe experiencing as he watched television as a child?
5. What advantages has the author's son had growing up?
(a) Wealth and private schools.
(b) A safer neighborhood, better schools and more freedom.
(c) A black president, social networks, omnipresent media and black culture.
(d) Less racism, the Internet and a world culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author views the school systems and the streets as:
2. What sorts of toys was the author not allowed to have as a child?
3. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
4. How did the author's father discipline him?
5. What did the author's parents teach him about religion?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)