|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Growing Up Black (pages 21-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's father react when the author threatened his 9th grade teacher?
(a) His father beat him.
(b) His father called the police.
(c) His father confronted the principal.
(d) His father confronted the teacher.
2. What has been the prevalent emotion in the author's life?
3. According to the author, when Lincoln spoke of the "government of the people," to whom was he addressing?
(a) White Americans.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) American men.
(d) All Americans.
4. According to the author, there is no difference between his son and which murdered 17-year-old?
(a) Jordan Davis.
(b) Prince Jones.
(c) Trayvon Martin.
(d) Malcom X.
5. Where is Howard University located?
(a) Baltimore, MD.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Hampton, VA.
(d) Atlanta, GA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coats quotes that sixty percent of all young black men who drop out of high school will:
2. What is "The Dream" that Coats refers to?
3. How old was Tamir Rice when he was shot?
4. Why did the author refrain from comforting his son when Michael Brown's killers were set free?
5. How did the author's parent's respond to his questions about inequality in the world?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)