|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering Lest We Forget (pages 5 - 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization did the author make about death in the sixth grade?
(a) Death does not wait.
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Death chases after the living.
(d) Death can occur without warning.
2. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
(d) Hard work.
3. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
(a) There are children in other neighborhoods who do not live in fear.
(b) The world is a terrifying place.
(c) All children live in fear.
(d) There is hope for his escape.
4. Why does the author feel the interview at the beginning of his memoir was a failure?
(a) The interview was cut short.
(b) The interviewer discussed hope for racial peace and equality.
(c) He was insulted by a caller to the radio station.
(d) No one would comment on his new book.
5. Who said, "Either I can beat him, or the police"?
(a) The author's grandmother.
(b) The author's mother.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What view does the author have of the afterlife?
2. What essential question does the author pose in his memoir?
3. According to the author, America believes itself to be:
4. To whom is the memoir addressed?
5. What 1986 event helped solidify the author's view that violence is inevitable?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)