|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering Lest We Forget (pages 5 - 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
(a) Hard work.
2. How did the author's father discipline him?
(a) With a belt.
(b) In time-out.
(c) By taking his phone.
(d) By slapping his face.
3. To whom is the memoir addressed?
(a) Black Americans.
(b) All Americans.
(c) The author's son.
(d) White Americans.
4. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
(a) There is hope for his escape.
(b) The world is a terrifying place.
(c) All children live in fear.
(d) There are children in other neighborhoods who do not live in fear.
5. How old is the author's son at the time the memoir is written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author refrain from comforting his son when Michael Brown's killers were set free?
2. Why does the author feel the interview at the beginning of his memoir was a failure?
3. According to the author, America believes itself to be:
4. According to the author, when Lincoln spoke of the "government of the people," to whom was he addressing?
5. What realization did the author make about death in the sixth grade?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)