|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering Lest We Forget (pages 5 - 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's father discipline him?
(a) By taking his phone.
(b) By slapping his face.
(c) With a belt.
(d) In time-out.
2. Why does the author feel the interview at the beginning of his memoir was a failure?
(a) The interviewer discussed hope for racial peace and equality.
(b) The interview was cut short.
(c) No one would comment on his new book.
(d) He was insulted by a caller to the radio station.
3. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
(c) Hard work.
4. At what age does the author remember witnessing his first street fight?
5. Where does the author begin his memoir?
(a) In a bar.
(b) During a riot.
(c) At an auction.
(d) During an interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author refrain from comforting his son when Michael Brown's killers were set free?
2. What 1986 event helped solidify the author's view that violence is inevitable?
3. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
4. What view does the author have of the afterlife?
5. How old is the author's son at the time the memoir is written?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)