|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Remembering Lest We Forget (pages 5 - 21).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "The Dream" that Coats refers to?
(a) Hope for the future.
(b) The ability of every person to achieve their personal goals.
(c) Principles set out by the Declaration of Independence.
(d) The misconception that all Americans, regardless of race, can achieve success.
2. Who said, "Either I can beat him, or the police"?
(a) The author's grandmother.
(b) The author's mother.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's father.
3. How did the author's father discipline him?
(a) With a belt.
(b) In time-out.
(c) By slapping his face.
(d) By taking his phone.
4. To whom is the memoir addressed?
(a) Black Americans.
(b) All Americans.
(c) White Americans.
(d) The author's son.
5. At what age does the author remember witnessing his first street fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author learn from television as a young boy?
2. What essential question does the author pose in his memoir?
3. According to the author, when Lincoln spoke of the "government of the people," to whom was he addressing?
4. According to the author, what is the purpose of defining races of people?
5. What advantages has the author's son had growing up?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)