|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author believe Prince Jones was willing to die?
(a) For the greater good of man.
(b) For the cause of black power.
(c) In order to protect his family.
(d) Because he believed in God.
2. Whose death reminded the author that his world and his son's were one and the same?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's grandmother.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) Michael Brown.
3. What acclaimed history book did Chancellor William write?
(a) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
(b) By Any Means Necessary.
(c) Notes of a Native Son.
(d) Destruction of Black Civilization.
4. How did the death of Prince Jones affect the author emotionally?
(a) He became numb.
(b) He became anxious.
(c) He became enraged.
(d) He became depressed.
5. How did the author and his friends illegally obtain alcohol when they were underage?
(a) There were men of legal drinking age who would purchase it for them for a fee.
(b) They would make corn liquor at home in the bathtub.
(c) They would steal it from the liquor store.
(d) They would steal it from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the prevalent emotion in the author's life?
2. What sense does the author describe experiencing as he watched television as a child?
3. What is the "one-drop" rule?
4. How does the author describe his experience in the Baltimore public schools?
5. What unique point does the author make about black Americans in France?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)