|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Growing Up Black (pages 21-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important skills did the author's mother teach him?
(a) How to stretch a dollar.
(b) How to read and write.
(c) How to pray.
(d) How to cook and clean his clothes.
2. What realization did the author make about death in the sixth grade?
(a) Death can occur without warning.
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Death chases after the living.
(d) Death does not wait.
3. What did the author's mother urge him to do when he was in trouble at school?
4. Where is Howard University located?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Hampton, VA.
(c) Baltimore, MD.
(d) Atlanta, GA.
5. The author views the school systems and the streets as:
(a) The different universes.
(b) Two warring nations.
(c) Opposite ends of a pole.
(d) Arms of the same beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Malcolm X?
2. How did Queen Nzinga address the social insult of the Dutch ambassador?
3. What has been the prevalent emotion in the author's life?
4. According to the author, who controls the streets of Baltimore?
5. What bothers the author about artists like Michael Jackson?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)