|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Growing Up Black (pages 21-47).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who controls the streets of Baltimore?
(a) The police.
(b) The students.
(c) The crews.
(d) The parents.
2. What important skills did the author's mother teach him?
(a) How to read and write.
(b) How to cook and clean his clothes.
(c) How to pray.
(d) How to stretch a dollar.
3. What acclaimed history book did Chancellor William write?
(a) By Any Means Necessary.
(b) Destruction of Black Civilization.
(c) Notes of a Native Son.
(d) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
4. How did Queen Nzinga address the social insult of the Dutch ambassador?
(a) She sat on the ambassador's knee.
(b) She stood on the table.
(c) She stabbed the ambassador.
(d) She ordered one of her advisers to become a human chair.
5. What sense does the author describe experiencing as he watched television as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the Yard"?
2. According to the author, how does racism affect the body?
3. The author admires Malcolm X because he never:
4. Where is Howard University located?
5. According to the author, the purpose of the public school system is to:
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)