|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Re-Enforcement (pages 75-88).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised the author about the sixteenth and seventeenth century portraits of Africans?
(a) The looked ethnically different from African-Americans.
(b) Their facial features had be Anglicized.
(c) The appeared regal and serene.
(d) They were drawn in a ravenous, lustful, simian manner.
2. How was the officer who killed Prince Jones dressed?
(a) In plain clothes.
(b) As an undercover drug dealer.
(c) As a homeless man.
(d) In a patrol uniform.
3. What does the author tell his son about promises?
(a) A promise lasts forever.
(b) A man's word is his bond.
(c) No promise is unbreakable.
(d) A promise is worth its weight in gold.
4. To where did the author move to in 2001?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. What is the "one-drop" rule?
(a) One drop of violence ruins a peaceful gathering.
(b) One drop of liquor makes an alcoholic.
(c) Having one white parent (or ancestor) entitles a person to be white.
(d) Having one black parent (or ancestor) makes a person black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author tell his son about responsibility?
2. What realization does the author have about his university education?
3. To whom is the memoir addressed?
4. How did the author's father react when the author threatened his 9th grade teacher?
5. Whose image does the author see while at a museum?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)