|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author's father react when the author threatened his 9th grade teacher?
(a) His father confronted the principal.
(b) His father beat him.
(c) His father confronted the teacher.
(d) His father called the police.
2. Whom does the author blame for the death of Prince Jones?
(a) A police officer.
(c) The educational system.
(d) America and its fears.
3. What realization did he author make after the mother of his son returned from her trip?
(a) Humanity is naturally divided into different little worlds.
(b) He needed to travel and experience other people.
(c) People are naturally inclined to exclude.
(d) There are too many doors in France.
4. What did the dead boy's mother decide to do after the trial in the chapter "The Dream"?
(a) Shoot the man who murdered her son.
(b) Attack the judge in court.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Plead her son's case before the journalists and writers.
5. According to the author, what part of his body has suffered the most?
(a) His feet.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His heart.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the man who was evicted from his home react to the presence of the police?
2. How many years pass before the author decided to travel overseas with the mother of his son?
3. Coats explains that the young men who walk the streets of Baltimore loud and rude do so because:
4. How did the death of Prince Jones affect the author emotionally?
5. How did the author and his friends illegally obtain alcohol when they were underage?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)