|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child, what baffled the author about the nonviolent protests of the civil rights moment?
(a) He had been raised in a violent society.
(b) He felt the police should have helped more.
(c) Violence is illegal.
(d) Kids should not see violent television.
2. What regret does the author have about the friend he made in France?
(a) He was so blinded by past fears he couldn't enjoy the mutual friendship.
(b) They haven't kept in touch since he has returned to America.
(c) He doesn't remember his friend's name.
(d) He didn't remember to write down his friend's phone number.
3. Coats explains that the young men who walk the streets of Baltimore loud and rude do so because:
(a) It is their way of being friendly.
(b) They are uneducated and don't know any better.
(c) They are uncultured and wild.
(d) It gives them a sense of security and power.
4. How does the author describe Prince Jones?
(a) A good Christian and scion of a striving class.
(b) A gentle soul washed away by society.
(c) A dreamer and a poet.
(d) A baller and a heartless thug.
5. Whose image does the author see while at a museum?
(a) Prince Jones.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Malcom X.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Howard University located?
2. Why does the author fear the PG County police?
3. What sorts of toys was the author not allowed to have as a child?
4. According to the author, what part of his body has suffered the most?
5. Why did the author want to return to Paris with his son?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)