|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dream (pages 108-132).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Prince Jones?
(a) A good Christian and scion of a striving class.
(b) A dreamer and a poet.
(c) A gentle soul washed away by society.
(d) A baller and a heartless thug.
2. What did the dead boy's mother decide to do after the trial in the chapter "The Dream"?
(a) Shoot the man who murdered her son.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Plead her son's case before the journalists and writers.
(d) Attack the judge in court.
3. The author views the school systems and the streets as:
(a) Arms of the same beast.
(b) The different universes.
(c) Opposite ends of a pole.
(d) Two warring nations.
4. What unique point does the author make about black Americans in France?
(a) They are seen as equals by all people.
(b) They are seen as wealthy capitalists.
(c) They are disliked by everyone for being American, not black.
(d) They were never slaves in France, but they were still black.
5. How did Queen Nzinga address the social insult of the Dutch ambassador?
(a) She sat on the ambassador's knee.
(b) She stabbed the ambassador.
(c) She stood on the table.
(d) She ordered one of her advisers to become a human chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe his experience in the Baltimore public schools?
2. What comparison does the author make between the police officer who shot Prince Jones and the ones who died on September 11?
3. Which writer inspired the author as a young man?
4. What acclaimed history book did Chancellor William write?
5. Coats quotes that sixty percent of all young black men who drop out of high school will:
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)