Remembering Lest We Forget (pages 5 - 21)
1. Where does the author begin his memoir?
(a) In a bar.
(b) During an interview.
(c) During a riot.
(d) At an auction.
2. To whom is the memoir addressed?
(a) White Americans.
(b) The author's son.
(c) All Americans.
(d) Black Americans.
3. According to the author, upon what has America's progress been built?
(d) Hard work.
4. According to the author, when Lincoln spoke of the "government of the people," to whom was he addressing?
(a) American men.
(b) White Americans.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) All Americans.
5. According to the author, what is the purpose of defining races of people?
(a) To instill a sense of cultural pride.
(b) To form a hierarchy in society.
(c) To define culture.
(d) To identify people groups.
6. How are racism and race linked?
(a) Categorizing people groups inevitably causes a power struggle.
(b) They are not linked.
(c) They are both unfair.
(d) People don't like what they don't understand.
7. According to the author, America believes itself to be:
This section contains 5,279 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)