|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isa listen to as she crosses the lawn after the end of the pageant?
(a) Church bells.
(b) The singing birds.
(c) The actors grumbling about Miss La Trobe.
(d) Children laughing.
2. What does Mrs. Swithin name leaves after that are floating on the water?
(a) Prime Ministers.
3. What does the gramophone play after the Victorian section of the pageant?
(b) Rule Brittania.
(c) God Save the King.
(d) Home, Sweet Home.
4. What does the Reverend make of the pageant?
(a) He thinks it was impressive.
(b) He thinks it was amusing.
(c) He doesn't know what to make of it.
(d) He was offended by it.
5. According to the final act of the pageant, what is every human equal in?
(a) Good humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the romantic comedy, who does the girl's aunt arrange for her to marry?
2. Who does Budge play in the pageant?
3. After the pageant, who carries flowers to her husband's grave?
4. What is Mr. Oliver's laughter after "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" ends compared to?
5. What disrupts the Reverend's speech at the end of the pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scheme does Lady Harraden come up with involving a con-man?
2. What does Giles wonder about Isa when he sees her in the barn?
3. What does the second scene of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" depict?
4. How does nature save the awkwardness of the beginning of the "Ourselves" section of the pageant?
5. What did Miss La Trobe hope to start the "Ourselves" section of the pageant with?
6. What do many audience members object to in the "Ourselves" section of the pageant?
7. Who are the main characters of "A Picnic Party", and who do they find they have in common?
8. How is the stage set for "A Picnic Party"?
9. How is the third section of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" conveyed to the audience? What amused the audience during this dead moment in the program?
10. What does William think to himself as he says good-bye to Mrs. Swithin?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)