|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings a duet with Eleanor?
2. Who does Budge's character NOT claim to have seen?
(a) The Sultan of Morocco.
(b) The Czar of Russia.
(c) The Shah of Persia.
(d) The Queen of England.
3. Why does Flavinda hide in "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
(a) She feels she is being followed.
(b) The police are after her.
(c) She spots her aunt.
(d) She does not want to be sent overseas.
4. What does William Dodge think when he says good-bye to Mrs. Swithin?
(a) That she doesn't know who he is.
(b) That she will probably write to him.
(c) That he will never see her again.
(d) That she reminds him of his mother.
5. Who greets and congratulates Miss La Trobe while the pageant is still on going?
(a) Mrs. Swithin.
(b) Mr. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the evening, what does Isa do in the sitting room?
2. What does the Reverend make of the pageant?
3. How much money has the pageant made?
4. What is the sheet painted to resemble a wall supposed to represent?
5. Which of the following are villagers NOT dressed as in the scene which uses the wall backdrop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Isa, William and Giles think about after "A Picnic Party" ends?
2. How does one audience member critique the play-within-a-play, "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
3. What does Giles imagine himself as after "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" ended, and what did he take as the moral of the story?
4. Where does Miss La Trobe go after the pageant?
5. Who does Isa look for as the audience departs?
6. How is the third section of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" conveyed to the audience? What amused the audience during this dead moment in the program?
7. How is the stage set for "A Picnic Party"?
8. What does the narrator predict will happen between Giles and Isa at the end of the novel?
9. What does William think to himself as he says good-bye to Mrs. Swithin?
10. What makes Isa angry when she sees Giles in the barn?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)