|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Manresa wonder once the pageant starts?
(a) Whether it will rain.
(b) Whether the actors are wearing make up.
(c) Whether Giles is looking at her.
(d) Whether it will run till midnight.
2. What religious figure appears in the pageant?
(a) An angel.
(b) A rabbi.
(c) A pope.
(d) A priest.
3. During the tour of Pointz Hall, what does Mrs. Swithin point out in a bedroom?
(a) A collection of antique books.
(b) The bed she was born in.
(c) A portrait of her mother.
(d) The beautiful view.
4. What is NOT mentioned in the long and confusing passage that is recited in the play?
(a) A terrible accident.
(b) A man in a hood.
(c) Bloody hands.
(d) Concealing a baby.
5. Why does the audience go to the barn?
(a) For the next act of the pageant.
(b) For a speech by Mr. Oliver.
(c) To escape the rain.
(d) For refreshments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Oliver's son?
2. What noise announces the beginning of the play?
3. Where will the event be held if the weather is rainy?
4. What does the first player who comes out on stage represent?
5. What is 'the old wall'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does an old crone character recite on the stage?
2. What prompts Mrs. Swithin to wonder about a superstitious notion?
3. What do William and Isa share a moment together doing? What thought briefly crosses William's mind while standing with Isa?
4. What does Miss La Trobe lament as the audience leaves for the intermission?
5. What thoughts does Isa have about the plot of the pageant?
6. Who is Miss La Trobe? How does she carryout her role in the pageant?
7. What is the rumor about the lily pond near Pointz Hall? What does Mr. Oliver think of this rumor?
8. Why does Mr. Oliver express disappointment in his grandson?
9. What does Mr. Oliver dream of when he falls asleep in the library?
10. How is Mrs. Manresa described?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)