|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Giles read about in the newspaper?
(a) A fire in London.
(b) The stock market crash.
(c) A famine in Africa.
(d) Civilian casualties in Europe.
2. Who says that she, too, must have her ghosts?
(a) Mrs. Sands.
(b) Mrs. Manresa.
(c) Mrs. Swithin.
3. How does Giles feel about what he read in the newspaper?
4. Where is the acting troupe preparing for the pageant?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the bushes.
(c) In the dining hall.
(d) In the barn.
5. How does the audience react to the pageant?
(a) The audience is bored.
(b) The audience is engaged.
(c) The audiece is emotionally moved.
(d) The audience finds it laughable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William have a brief fantasy about?
2. Who does Eliza Clark play in the pageant?
3. Where does Mr. Oliver fall asleep?
4. Who recites a long and confusing passage in the play?
5. How does Isa feel about Mr. Haines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pointz Hall host every year? Where will the event take place should there be fair or rainy weather?
2. Where do the acting troupe prepare for the pageant?
3. What does Giles fume about while the group has tea?
4. What is the relationship between Isa and Mr. Haines?
5. How does the pageant get off to a rocky start?
6. What prompts Mrs. Swithin to wonder about a superstitious notion?
7. Why does Mr. Oliver express disappointment in his grandson?
8. Who is Miss La Trobe? How does she carryout her role in the pageant?
9. What does Lucy Swithin like to read and imagine?
10. Who accompanies Mrs. Swithin on a tour of Pointz Hall? What does she forget on the tour?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)