|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss La Trobe see on the faces of the audience?
(b) Apparent boredom.
(c) Frowning expressions.
(d) Neutral expressions.
2. How does Miss La Trobe regard the pageant?
(a) As a waste of time.
(b) As an important local tradition.
(c) As a serious endeavor.
(d) As an embarassing spectacle.
3. What kind of event does Pointz Hall host every year?
(a) A pageant.
(b) A fireworks display.
(c) A farmer's market.
(d) A fashion show.
4. Who is said to have drowned in the lily pond near Pointz Hall?
(a) Mr. Oliver's wife.
(b) A noblewoman.
(c) A child.
(d) A prince.
5. Why does the audience go to the barn?
(a) For the next act of the pageant.
(b) For refreshments.
(c) For a speech by Mr. Oliver.
(d) To escape the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Oliver's dog?
2. What does William have a strange urge to do?
3. Which of the following is not one of Mrs. Sands' helpers?
4. What does Mrs. Swithin forget on her tour of Pointz Hall?
5. What does Isa remind herself of when she sees Giles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thoughts does Isa have about the plot of the pageant?
2. What does Giles fume about while the group has tea?
3. Why does Mr. Oliver express disappointment in his grandson?
4. What does Miss La Trobe lament as the audience leaves for the intermission?
5. What do Mrs. Sands and Candish do to prepare for the event?
6. What do William and Isa share a moment together doing? What thought briefly crosses William's mind while standing with Isa?
7. What prompts Mrs. Swithin to wonder about a superstitious notion?
8. Who accompanies Mrs. Swithin on a tour of Pointz Hall? What does she forget on the tour?
9. What does Isa remind herself of when she sees Giles?
10. Who is Miss La Trobe? How does she carryout her role in the pageant?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)