|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the pageant starts again after the intermission, what does the young woman who takes to the stage personify?
2. Who leaves Lady Harraden at the end of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where did Isa's mother die?
4. What does the Reverend make of the pageant?
(a) He thinks it was amusing.
(b) He thinks it was impressive.
(c) He was offended by it.
(d) He doesn't know what to make of it.
5. What disrupts the Reverend's speech at the end of the pageant?
(a) A toddler screaming.
(c) Someone honking a car horn.
(d) Warplanes flying overhead.
6. In the evening, what painting does Mrs. Swithin stop by?
(a) A painting of Berlin.
(b) A painting of London.
(c) A painting of Venice.
(d) A painting of Paris.
7. What show does Mrs. Manresa say she recently took her nephew to see?
(a) Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Pop Goes the Weasel.
(d) Little Boy Blue.
8. Which of the following is not listed as one of the village laws?
(a) Not stealing.
9. What kind of music is used in the act which follows "A Picnic Party"?
(b) Big band.
10. Where does Miss La Trobe go after the pageant ends?
(a) To sit by the lily pond.
(b) To a pub.
(c) To her house.
(d) To have dessert with the Olivers.
11. What is Miss La Trobe's final assessment of her play?
(a) It was a failure.
(b) It was a fun experience.
(c) It was a success.
(d) It was an embarassment.
12. What does Edgar hide from in the play?
(a) Eleanor's mother.
(b) Edgar's father.
(c) The tax collectors.
(d) The police.
13. What is Mr. Oliver's laughter after "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" ends compared to?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
14. In the romantic comedy, what is the name of the orphaned girl?
15. In the pageant, what is used to represent a lake?
(a) A basin.
(b) The garden's pond.
(c) A sheet.
(d) Tin foil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard from the terrace while "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is performed?
2. According to the young woman who takes to the stage, who or what "leaning on his sickle, stands amazed?"
3. What does William Dodge think when he says good-bye to Mrs. Swithin?
4. What does Isa listen to as she crosses the lawn after the end of the pageant?
5. What does Candish bring to the family on a silver salver?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)