|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Isa invite William to go while they are in the barn?
(a) The stables.
(b) The greenhouse.
(c) The orchard.
(d) The lily pond.
2. What does Giles think the moral of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is?
(a) Take the girl and damn the consequences.
(b) The wicked will always be punished.
(c) Never trust a woman.
(d) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
3. What is painted, in addition to the wall, on the sheet?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A stormy sky.
(c) A tree.
(d) A man on a ladder.
4. Who announces that the pageant is over?
(a) Miss La Trobe.
(b) Mr. Oliver.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
5. What creatures settle on the terrace in the act which follows "A Picnic Party"?
6. In the romantic comedy, what is the name of the girl's aunt?
(a) Lady Hussey.
(b) Lady Harbottle.
(c) Lady Harraden.
(d) Lady Hautreeve.
7. What does the gramophone play after the Victorian section of the pageant?
(a) Rule Brittania.
(b) God Save the King.
(c) Home, Sweet Home.
8. Around what year is the scene featuring Edgar and Eleanor set?
9. What does Isa listen to as she crosses the lawn after the end of the pageant?
(a) The singing birds.
(b) The actors grumbling about Miss La Trobe.
(c) Church bells.
(d) Children laughing.
10. What does Giles wonder about Isa when he sees her in the barn?
(a) What she is eating.
(b) Who she is lusting after.
(c) Why she is angry with him.
(d) Why she is avoiding him.
11. Where did Isa's mother die?
12. Where will proceeds from the pageant go?
(a) Towards the war effort.
(b) To the Church.
(c) To repair the town hall.
(d) To an orphanage.
13. Who does Isa follow back from the stable yard?
(a) Giles and an unknown woman.
(b) Giles and Mrs. Swithin.
(c) Giles and Miss La Trobe.
(d) Giles and Mrs. Manresa.
14. What does Lilyliver complain about?
(a) The heat.
(c) His bad back.
15. What is used to get the audience's attention and stops them from dispersing after the final act of the pageant?
(a) A cow bell.
(b) A rope.
(c) A firework.
(d) A megaphone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Mrs. Swithin reason have faith?
2. When the pageant starts again after the intermission, what is the name of the young woman who takes to the stage?
3. What does Miss La Trobe shout at the villagers while they are singing, "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
4. What does Miss La Trobe plan as she leaves the lawn?
5. What does Mrs. Swithin name leaves after that are floating on the water?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)