|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money has the pageant made?
(a) Seventeen pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Thirty-six pounds.
(d) Twenty-two pounds.
2. In the romantic comedy, what is the name of the orphaned girl?
3. Who does Giles invite to the greenhouse?
(a) Mrs. Swithin.
(c) Miss La Trobe.
(d) Mrs. Manresa.
4. What kind of music is used in the act which follows "A Picnic Party"?
(d) Big band.
5. Who does Budge's character NOT claim to have seen?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) The Sultan of Morocco.
(c) The Shah of Persia.
(d) The Czar of Russia.
6. Who does Budge play in the pageant?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A traffic cop.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A bus driver.
7. In the evening, what painting does Mrs. Swithin stop by?
(a) A painting of Berlin.
(b) A painting of London.
(c) A painting of Venice.
(d) A painting of Paris.
8. What does Miss La Trobe plan as she leaves the lawn?
(a) Her next pageant.
(b) A move to another village.
(c) To clean up the next day.
(d) A holiday in France.
9. What is the name of the scene in which the lake is used?
(a) A Picnic Party.
(b) Meet Me by the Water's Edge.
(c) Lady of the Lake.
(d) On the Summer's Eve.
10. Who does Giles imagine himself as after "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" ends?
(a) A warrior.
(c) A prince.
11. When the pageant starts again after the intermission, what does the young woman who takes to the stage personify?
12. What does the family have for dessert after the pageant?
13. What disrupts the Reverend's speech at the end of the pageant?
(a) Warplanes flying overhead.
(c) Someone honking a car horn.
(d) A toddler screaming.
14. Who says "All that fuss about nothing!" while "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is being performed?
(b) An anonymous audience member.
(c) Mr. Oliver.
(d) Miss La Trobe.
15. Around what year is the scene featuring Edgar and Eleanor set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are villagers NOT dressed as in the scene which uses the wall backdrop?
2. What noise does the machine in the bushes make?
3. Who does Isa look for after the end of the pageant?
4. What is the romantic comedy play that is performed in the pageant titled?
5. Who greets and congratulates Miss La Trobe while the pageant is still on going?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)