|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giles think the moral of "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is?
(a) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
(b) The wicked will always be punished.
(c) Take the girl and damn the consequences.
(d) Never trust a woman.
2. What is the name of the clergyman in the romantic comedy play?
(a) Sir Smirking Peace-be-with-you-all.
(b) Sir Smirking Blessed-are-you.
(c) Sir Smirking Heaven-sent.
(d) Sir Smirking Praise-the-Lord.
3. What animals does Mrs. Swithin reason have faith?
4. What is heard from the terrace while "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is performed?
(a) Some small children saying amusing things.
(b) A dog barking incessantly.
(c) Hooting owls.
(d) Cows mooing.
5. While having dessert, what does Mr. Oliver say about the play?
(a) It was a waste of money.
(b) It was ridiculous.
(c) It was too ambitious.
(d) It was a triumph.
6. What noise does the machine in the bushes make?
(a) Creak, creak, creak.
(b) Click, clicl, click.
(c) Clunk, clunk, clunk.
(d) Chuff, chuff, chuff.
7. What creatures settle on the terrace in the act which follows "A Picnic Party"?
8. When the pageant starts again after the intermission, what does the young woman who takes to the stage personify?
9. In the romantic comedy, what is the name of the girl's aunt?
(a) Lady Harbottle.
(b) Lady Hautreeve.
(c) Lady Hussey.
(d) Lady Harraden.
10. Where does Flavinda await her love in "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
(a) In the corner of a ballroom.
(b) A market.
(c) In a cave.
(d) By a birch tree.
11. In the evening, what painting does Mrs. Swithin stop by?
(a) A painting of Venice.
(b) A painting of Paris.
(c) A painting of Berlin.
(d) A painting of London.
12. What is the character, Eleanor's, surname?
13. What does the Reverend make of the pageant?
(a) He thinks it was impressive.
(b) He doesn't know what to make of it.
(c) He was offended by it.
(d) He thinks it was amusing.
14. Who does Mr. Oliver say should not be thanked for the pageant?
(a) The actors.
(b) The hosts.
(c) The audience.
(d) The author.
15. What does Colonel Mayhew question leaving out of the pageant?
(a) The British Commonwealth.
(b) The Suffrage movement.
(c) The present Royal family.
(d) The British Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "All that fuss about nothing!" while "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" is being performed?
2. When the pageant starts again after the intermission, what is the name of the young woman who takes to the stage?
3. What are Edgar and Eleanor both dedicated to?
4. What is used to get the audience's attention and stops them from dispersing after the final act of the pageant?
5. Why does Flavinda hide in "Where There's a Will, There's a Way"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)