|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lina and Elena stop doing?
(a) Asking for help.
(b) Worrying about Jonas as he is better.
(c) Talking to Mrs. Rimas.
(d) Working in the fields.
2. What does Lina watch Mrs. Rimas do one day?
(a) Feed a pigeon a few crumbs of bread.
(b) Cram her entire ration of bread in her mouth at once.
(c) Offer Jonas half of her bread ration.
(d) Whisper to a guard.
3. What is Trofimovsk?
(a) A fairly new research facility.
(b) The camp where the prisoners arrive.
(c) A weapons manufacture complex.
(d) A new canning plant.
4. What is Lina going to be asked to do?
(a) Betray Andrius.
(b) Draw a portrait of the commander.
(c) Be the commander's secretary.
(d) Draw a map of the farm.
5. How do the women act the rest of the day after the soldiers try to scare them?
(a) They try to find some humor in the situation.
(b) They mumble bad things about the soldiers.
(c) They do not speak.
(d) They cry as they work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janina's mother almost do?
2. What letter does Lina remember?
3. Why does Elena think Kretsky was assigned to go with them to Siberia?
4. What is good about the time around Christmas?
5. Who does Lina see outside when the train stops?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)