|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas have that they try to keep from the Altai woman?
(a) 3 potatoes.
(b) 3 beets.
(c) A head of cabbage.
(d) A bunch of onions.
2. What does Andrius tell Lina when she sees him as she leaves Mr. Stalas?
(a) The blond soldier's name.
(b) His father is arriving the next day.
(c) His family has been pardoned.
(d) He is going to escape.
3. What does Lina think of Andrius?
(a) That he is handsome.
(b) That he betrayed the other prisoners.
(c) That he is kind.
(d) That he is dishonest.
4. What does Joana not understand about her father's actions?
(a) Why he would be packing up his medical books.
(b) Why he refused to let her go to school.
(c) Why he said Lina could not go with them.
(d) Why he was so explosive in temperament.
5. What do Lina and Elena stop doing?
(a) Worrying about Jonas as he is better.
(b) Asking for help.
(c) Working in the fields.
(d) Talking to Mrs. Rimas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Arvydas doing?
2. What is Lina doing when she sees her mother collapse?
3. What does Elena have Lina take Mr. Stalas?
4. What can Lina not get over?
5. Why do the soldiers pay no attention to the prisoners?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)