|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers try to frighten the women?
(a) By pointing their fingers and them and making a sign like pulling a trigger.
(b) By kicking dirt on them and firing their weapons.
(c) By screaming at them.
(d) By making them march all night around the farm.
2. What does Lina find that she decides to smuggle back to camp?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) A live rabbit in a trap.
(c) A dead owl.
(d) A dead wolverine.
3. What has Andrius considered doing for his mother?
(a) Trying to escape.
(b) Joining the army.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Killing her.
4. What does Lina wonder about the visitors?
(a) If they know what is going on in the camp.
(b) If they came to negotiate the prisoners' release.
(c) If they saw the signs of many people being there.
(d) If they cared about what was happening in the camp.
5. What is Lina doing when she sees her mother collapse?
(a) Working on the assembly line.
(b) Working in the fields.
(c) Smuggling food to an elderly woman.
(d) Stealing wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Andrius and his mother send?
2. What does Kretsky tell Elena?
3. What do Elena and Lina ask of the others?
4. What surprises Lina one night when she turns sixteen?
5. Why does Elena think Kretsky was assigned to go with them to Siberia?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)