|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alexandras Lukas' job?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A doctor.
2. Why can't Mr. Stalas work?
(a) He has a broken arm.
(b) He has a broken leg.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He has bad back.
3. What does the old bald man say about himself?
(a) That he is withered.
(b) That he is giving up.
(c) That he is going to get them out of there.
(d) That he is escaping.
4. When are the prisoners allowed to gather wood and other materials for their camp?
(a) When they have breaks during the day.
(c) After working.
(d) All day.
5. When are the prisoners taken to the military office?
(a) Right when they get off working.
(b) At their noon break.
(c) Very early one morning.
(d) In the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the people's celebration?
2. Where has the boat crossed when the prisoners start getting excited that they are going to America?
3. What does a Siberian woman offer?
4. What does Kretsky tell Elena?
5. What does Lina learn about Jonas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers thrown out into the snow one day when Lina and Jonas are going to the kitchen and why do they eat the food immediately?
2. Why do the soldiers pay no attention as the prisoners strip for a shower?
3. How do the others help Lina celebrate her sixteenth birthday?
4. Describe the Christmas celebration.
5. What happens to Jonas?
6. How does Andrius and a Siberian woman help save Jonas' life?
7. What has Hitler done in Lithuania, and what is the bald man's response to the action?
8. What is the story behind the stone that Jonas gives Andrius?
9. What does Lina learn from the bald man about their captivity?
10. Why are Lina, Elena, and Jonas quiet about the potatoes he brings home that night?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)