|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas give Andrius?
(a) A stone.
(b) A book.
(c) A knife.
2. What does Lina wonder about the visitors?
(a) If they saw the signs of many people being there.
(b) If they came to negotiate the prisoners' release.
(c) If they cared about what was happening in the camp.
(d) If they know what is going on in the camp.
3. What happens when Kretsky gets off the boat?
(a) He is given new orders.
(b) He is met by his sister.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is ordered back on it.
4. What do Lina and Elena stop doing?
(a) Asking for help.
(b) Worrying about Jonas as he is better.
(c) Talking to Mrs. Rimas.
(d) Working in the fields.
5. What does the grouchy woman provide for the celebration?
(d) A brief Christmas story preformance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina find that she decides to smuggle back to camp?
2. What do Lina and Jonas realize about their mother?
3. Why do Elena and Jonas say Andrius is courageous?
4. For what does Lina beg Kretsky?
5. Why are the prisoners given more food than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind the stone that Jonas gives Andrius?
2. What happens to Kretsky when the prisoners arrive at some port?
3. What event makes Lina and Elena decide to stop asking for extra food for Jonas?
4. What does Lina steal and how does she explain it to Andrius?
5. Why are the prisoners waked in the middle of the night and what do they do?
6. How do the soldiers thrown out into the snow one day when Lina and Jonas are going to the kitchen and why do they eat the food immediately?
7. Describe the Christmas celebration.
8. Why are Lina, Elena, and Jonas quiet about the potatoes he brings home that night?
9. Why does Elena collapse one day?
10. Describe the encounter between Kretsky and Lina at the wood pile.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)