|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commander do for hours?
(a) Try to talk the prisoners into signing the document.
(b) Questions those who are to be transferred.
(c) Slaps and kicks the prisoners.
(d) Questions those who are to be released.
2. How is Andrius able to stay at the camp?
(a) He does all the paperwork for the commandant.
(b) He pretends to be stupid.
(c) His mother prostitutes herself as a bribe.
(d) He prostitutes himself to the soldiers who like men.
3. What does the grouchy woman provide for the celebration?
(d) A brief Christmas story preformance.
4. How many people are in their group?
5. How does Mr. Stalas act toward Lina?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lina and Jonas realize about their mother?
2. Why can't Mr. Stalas work?
3. What does Andrius tell Lina when she sees him as she leaves Mr. Stalas?
4. What does Elena have Lina take Mr. Stalas?
5. What does Lina say when Andrius asks her if she is scared as she is stealing logs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers harass and frighten the women who have been digging a large hole?
2. Describe the encounter between Kretsky and Lina at the wood pile.
3. Why does Elena collapse one day?
4. What event makes Lina and Elena decide to stop asking for extra food for Jonas?
5. How does Elena and Jonas praise Andrius and what is Lina's feeling about the praise?
6. How do the soldiers thrown out into the snow one day when Lina and Jonas are going to the kitchen and why do they eat the food immediately?
7. Why do the soldiers pay no attention as the prisoners strip for a shower?
8. What news does Mrs. Rimas recieve in a letter and how is it coded?
9. What does Elena reveal about Kretsky?
10. Why are the prisoners waked in the middle of the night and what do they do?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)