|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in their group?
2. What secret does the bald man tell Lina?
(a) That Stalin made an agreement with the Lithuanian government.
(b) That Andrius likes her.
(c) That her parents helped Joana's family escape.
(d) That Lina's mother has been an undercover spy for years.
3. What do the soldiers tell the woman who have been digging to do?
(a) Cook the soldiers some food.
(b) Go back to their huts.
(c) Do the soldiers' laundry.
(d) Get into the hole.
4. Why do the soldiers pay no attention to the prisoners?
(a) Their commandant orders them to turn their heads.
(b) The soldiers have nice-looking town girls around them.
(c) The prisoners are so skinny as to be androgynous.
(d) The soldiers know the prisoners can't escape.
5. What does Lina give Andrius for Christmas?
(b) A drawing.
(c) The puppy she finds.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janina's mother almost do?
2. What is Lina going to be asked to do?
3. What do they learn about the Japanese?
4. How do the women act the rest of the day after the soldiers try to scare them?
5. What do Lina and Elena stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andrius and a Siberian woman help save Jonas' life?
2. What news does Mrs. Rimas recieve in a letter and how is it coded?
3. How do the soldiers thrown out into the snow one day when Lina and Jonas are going to the kitchen and why do they eat the food immediately?
4. What causes Lina to appreciate the risk that some take to get food for others?
5. How do the others help Lina celebrate her sixteenth birthday?
6. Why do the soldiers pay no attention as the prisoners strip for a shower?
7. What does Lina wonder when an American ship arrives?
8. What does Lina learn from the bald man about their captivity?
9. What does Lina steal and how does she explain it to Andrius?
10. What do the prisoners learn about the Japanese and Hitler?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)