|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina find that she decides to smuggle back to camp?
(a) A dead owl.
(b) A live rabbit in a trap.
(c) A dead wolverine.
(d) A dead rabbit.
2. What does Lina say when Andrius asks her if she is scared as she is stealing logs?
(a) She says the soldiers are too cold to come out and catch her.
(b) She says Kretsky gave her permissioni.
(c) She says she does not care what happens.
(d) She says she is simply cold.
3. Where does Andrius say he got what he brought for Jonas?
(a) Sneaks into the village and buys it from a villager.
(b) Buys it on the black market.
(c) Steals it.
(d) He does not say.
4. What habit does Alexandras Lukas have?
(a) Winding his watch.
(b) Clearing his throat.
(c) Running his hand through his hair.
(d) Saying "alright."
5. What does Elena say in her letters?
(a) Code to express the conditions.
(b) The soldiers beat them regularly.
(c) Nothing; they are not allowed to write.
(d) The conditions are barbaric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas find?
2. What does Lina do the next time she sees Andrius?
3. What does Lina say to Andrius as they wait for Elena to return?
4. What does the old bald man say about himself?
5. How do the women act the rest of the day after the soldiers try to scare them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers thrown out into the snow one day when Lina and Jonas are going to the kitchen and why do they eat the food immediately?
2. How does Elena and Jonas praise Andrius and what is Lina's feeling about the praise?
3. What causes Lina to appreciate the risk that some take to get food for others?
4. What does Elena have Lina do for Mr. Stalas, and what is Lina's response to the task?
5. What letter does Lina remember receiving once from Joana?
6. What is the story behind the stone that Jonas gives Andrius?
7. What event makes Lina and Elena decide to stop asking for extra food for Jonas?
8. How do the soldiers harass and frighten the women who have been digging a large hole?
9. How does Andrius and a Siberian woman help save Jonas' life?
10. How does Kretsky show his humanity after they have frightened the women?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)