|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is good about the time around Christmas?
(a) It is so cold, the guards don't venture out much.
(b) The administrator allows them to go into the village.
(c) The snow has abated somewhat.
(d) The people are feeling a little optimistic.
2. What can Lina not get over?
(a) That the bald man would know about her family when she did not.
(b) That her family is there while Joana's family is comfortable in Germany.
(c) That Andrius did not come with them.
(d) That Kretsky has been so kind.
3. What habit does Alexandras Lukas have?
(a) Winding his watch.
(b) Clearing his throat.
(c) Saying "alright."
(d) Running his hand through his hair.
4. From what book of the Bible is there a reference in Mrs. Rimas' letter?
5. What does the grouchy woman provide for the celebration?
(b) A brief Christmas story preformance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners told?
2. Why do Elena and Jonas say Andrius is courageous?
3. Why can't Mr. Stalas work?
4. Where does Andrius say he got what he brought for Jonas?
5. What does Jonas have that they try to keep from the Altai woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind the stone that Jonas gives Andrius?
2. What news does Mrs. Rimas recieve in a letter and how is it coded?
3. What has Hitler done in Lithuania, and what is the bald man's response to the action?
4. What event makes Lina and Elena decide to stop asking for extra food for Jonas?
5. What does Andrius say about his mother and why she is doing what she does?
6. What does Lina wonder when an American ship arrives?
7. Why are Lina, Elena, and Jonas quiet about the potatoes he brings home that night?
8. What happens to Jonas?
9. How does Andrius and a Siberian woman help save Jonas' life?
10. What do the prisoners have to do immediately when they arrive at Trofimovsk?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)