|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina recall drawing?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Jonas do without complaint?
(a) Puts on three layers of clothing.
(b) Carries a large suitcase.
(c) Hides in the cupboard.
(d) Carris the dog.
3. What is Jonas afraid of at one point?
(a) That he has wet his pants.
(b) That he is going to be left alone.
(c) That he iss going to be taken to be with the men.
(d) That he iss going to be ill.
4. What are the men in one car doing?
(a) Singing the Lithuanian national anthem.
(d) Fighting the soldiers.
5. How does Elena manage to keep Jonas with them?
(a) Bribes a soldier.
(b) Demands to see the papers that would send him somewhere else.
(c) She is not successful in keeping Jonas with them.
(d) Makes a plea to a female soldier as a mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the train stop?
2. What does a grouchy woman in the group that Elena's family is in say?
3. What is in one corner of the hut?
4. What was Elena promised in return?
5. Who is Mrs. Rimas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How often does the train stop and for what reason?
2. How do Lina, Elena and Mrs. Rimas relieve the stress of the camp?
3. Where are the prisoners and what does Lina remember about Stalin's agriculture policies?
4. What upsets Lina about being told to shower but why is she happy?
5. What does Lina notice as the train is pulling away from the station?
6. What do Lina and Elena do on their first day?
7. What does Lina tell a gray-haired man about her drawing?
8. What happens when Lina's family is first on the train?
9. What happens to Ona?
10. What is Lina thinking about as the story opens?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)