|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina's father say when she signs the drawing?
(a) That she should not sign her drawings until she is recognized as an artist.
(b) That she has come up with a good signature.
(c) That no one would recognize the name.
(d) That she should not sign drawings any more because it is too dangerous.
2. What does Elena learn about Germany?
(a) They have invaded England.
(b) They have invaded Lithuania.
(c) They have invaded Switzerland.
(d) They have surrendered.
3. What month do the soldiers come to Lina's home?
4. What happens when a man jumps off the truck?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He is left lying in the mud.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is shot.
5. What does Lina tell her mother about people in the other cars?
(a) Nothing as she can't see the others.
(b) They look like they've given up hope.
(c) They look like they are eating better.
(d) They look sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they told when the truck stops?
2. Where does the truck go from Lina's house?
3. Where is Elena ordered to go?
4. What does Ona ask the people on the train to do?
5. What does Elana say they have to decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lina, Elena and Mrs. Rimas relieve the stress of the camp?
2. What does Lina recall about a shopping trip with her mother once?
3. Before the train leaves, does Andrius do and who goes with him?
4. What happens when Lina's family is first on the train?
5. What does Lina realize about her father's words about drawing?
6. Why are Ona and the bald man in danger and what do the others do?
7. What does Lina remember about her artistic abilities?
8. What happens to Ona?
9. What do Lina and Elena do on their first day?
10. Describe the arrest of Lina's family.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)