|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the train stop?
(a) To give the prisoners food and water.
(b) To bury the dead.
(c) To take a count of the prisoners.
(d) To kill the ill.
2. What is obvious about Andrius when he gets back to their railroad car?
(a) He has some sort of plan.
(b) He is dispirited.
(c) He has been brutally beaten.
(d) He has talked to his father.
3. What does Lina not tell her mother about Kostas?
(a) That he knew he would not see them again.
(b) That he had been beaten.
(c) That he was going to Moscow to be tried for treason.
(d) That he was gravely ill.
4. What does Lina know her father and Miss Grybas are on?
(a) A secret committee.
(b) A list.
(c) She knows nothing about them being on something.
(d) A lorry.
5. How long does the officer give the family to pack?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) No time.
(d) 2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men in one car doing?
2. How does Elena manage to keep Jonas with them?
3. What interests Jonas about the farm?
4. What happens one day when the train comes to a stop?
5. What is in one corner of the hut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Ona and the bald man in danger and what do the others do?
2. What does Lina notice as the train is pulling away from the station?
3. How do they dispose of Ona's baby's body?
4. What does the bald man say about Hitler, and what does Lina think about it?
5. What does Lina's father say to Lina?
6. What happens in Vilnius?
7. How does Lina's quick thinking help her mother?
8. What does Lina realize about her father's words about drawing?
9. What does Elena say the soldiers wanted of her and how does Jonas react to the information?
10. Who does Lina recognize on the truck and what does one prisoner do and what happens to him?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)