|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has the boat crossed when the prisoners start getting excited that they are going to America?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The English Channel.
(c) The Arctic Circle.
(d) They do not know where they are.
2. What habit does Alexandras Lukas have?
(a) Winding his watch.
(b) Saying "alright."
(c) Running his hand through his hair.
(d) Clearing his throat.
3. What does Lina give Andrius for Christmas?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A poem.
(d) The puppy she finds.
4. What does Elena have Lina take Mr. Stalas?
(a) Some medicine.
(b) A note.
(c) A potato.
(d) A beet.
5. Why do the soldiers pay no attention to the prisoners?
(a) The soldiers know the prisoners can't escape.
(b) The prisoners are so skinny as to be androgynous.
(c) Their commandant orders them to turn their heads.
(d) The soldiers have nice-looking town girls around them.
6. What does one of the men insist is happening to the prisoners?
(a) They are going to be shot.
(b) They are being taken to America.
(c) They are going to be set free in Siberia.
(d) They are going to work in Russian factories.
7. What interrupts the people's celebration?
(a) Jonas falling ill again.
(b) The arrival of guards.
(c) Lina finding a puppy.
(d) Andrius screaming.
8. Why are the prisoners forced to hide?
(a) An American ship arrives.
(b) A large group of German prisoners arrive.
(c) They are not forced to hide.
(d) A British ship arrives.
9. What does the bald man reveal?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is Buddhist.
(c) He is an agnostic.
(d) He is Jewish.
10. How much time has passed as Jonas is improving?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 months.
11. What does Lina do the next time she sees Andrius?
(a) Thanks him for the extra food he brings.
(b) Tells him he does not look dirty or hungry.
(d) Blushes at his attentions.
12. From what book of the Bible is there a reference in Mrs. Rimas' letter?
13. Why does Elena think Kretsky was assigned to go with them to Siberia?
(a) For refusing to divulge information about his family.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) For disobeying a lawful order.
(d) For helping the prisoners.
14. What does the old bald man say about himself?
(a) That he is giving up.
(b) That he is escaping.
(c) That he is withered.
(d) That he is going to get them out of there.
15. What surprises Lina one night when she turns sixteen?
(a) Elena gives Lina half the family's jfewels that are left.
(b) Kretsky brings a cake for her birthday.
(c) Andrius kisses Lina.
(d) A party in her honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Rimas learn?
2. What payment does the bald man ask in return for revealing the secret?
3. How is Andrius able to stay at the camp?
4. What letter does Lina remember?
5. What does Jonas find?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)