|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Lina remember?
(a) One from her uncle.
(b) One from her mother when she is at art camp.
(c) One from Joana.
(d) One from her father.
2. What is Trofimovsk?
(a) The camp where the prisoners arrive.
(b) A new canning plant.
(c) A fairly new research facility.
(d) A weapons manufacture complex.
3. What does Janina tell the bald man?
(a) Hitler is turning out to be worse than Stalin.
(b) Her family hid his daughter.
(c) Her family knows his son.
(d) Hitler might be killing Jews.
4. Why does Lina not go to find Jonas?
(a) She is told Jonas was taken to the hospital where she cannot go.
(b) She does not know where to look.
(c) Her mother said she is going to find him.
(d) The soldiers won't let her.
5. What does the grouchy woman provide for the celebration?
(d) A brief Christmas story preformance.
6. From what book of the Bible is there a reference in Mrs. Rimas' letter?
7. What surprises Lina one night when she turns sixteen?
(a) Andrius kisses Lina.
(b) Kretsky brings a cake for her birthday.
(c) Elena gives Lina half the family's jfewels that are left.
(d) A party in her honor.
8. How many people are in their group?
9. Why do Elena and Jonas say Andrius is courageous?
(a) For sneaking out of the camp sometimes.
(b) For taking care of Mr. Stalas.
(c) For standing up to the guards.
(d) For getting food for them on occasion.
10. What does Mr. Lukas say is wrong with Jonas?
(a) He does not know.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
11. When are the prisoners taken to the military office?
(a) At their noon break.
(b) Right when they get off working.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) Very early one morning.
12. What do Lina and Elena stop doing?
(a) Talking to Mrs. Rimas.
(b) Working in the fields.
(c) Asking for help.
(d) Worrying about Jonas as he is better.
13. About what does the commander renege?
(a) A promise of freedom after the New Year.
(b) A promise of an increase in food allotments.
(c) A promise of less hours of work per day.
(d) A promise of potatoes for the drawing.
14. Who does Lina see outside when the train stops?
(c) Her father.
15. What does one of the men insist is happening to the prisoners?
(a) They are going to work in Russian factories.
(b) They are going to be shot.
(c) They are going to be set free in Siberia.
(d) They are being taken to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kretsky tell Elena?
2. What does a Siberian woman offer?
3. What is Lina doing when she sees her mother collapse?
4. What does Jonas have that they try to keep from the Altai woman?
5. What is Mrs. Arvydas doing?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)