Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the prisoners told they have to do?
(a) Work in the weapons factory.
(b) Build their own shelters.
(c) Sign papers or they'll be shot.
2. What interrupts the people's celebration?
(a) Lina finding a puppy.
(b) The arrival of guards.
(c) Jonas falling ill again.
(d) Andrius screaming.
3. What does Lina find that she decides to smuggle back to camp?
(a) A live rabbit in a trap.
(b) A dead wolverine.
(c) A dead owl.
(d) A dead rabbit.
4. What does the doctor ask the bald man to do?
(b) Gather more firewood.
(c) Help make some fish soup.
(d) Wipe down Jonas with warm water.
5. When are the prisoners allowed to gather wood and other materials for their camp?
(b) After working.
(c) When they have breaks during the day.
(d) All day.
6. How do the women act the rest of the day after the soldiers try to scare them?
(a) They mumble bad things about the soldiers.
(b) They try to find some humor in the situation.
(c) They cry as they work.
(d) They do not speak.
7. What can Lina not get over?
(a) That the bald man would know about her family when she did not.
(b) That Kretsky has been so kind.
(c) That her family is there while Joana's family is comfortable in Germany.
(d) That Andrius did not come with them.
8. What is Lina going to be asked to do?
(a) Be the commander's secretary.
(b) Betray Andrius.
(c) Draw a portrait of the commander.
(d) Draw a map of the farm.
9. What do Elena and Lina ask of the others?
(a) To try to find more fruit.
(b) To help provide extra food for Jonas.
(c) To cover for them in the fields so they can nurse Jonas.
(d) To try to bribe the soldiers for citrus.
10. Why can't Mr. Stalas work?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has bad back.
11. From what book of the Bible is there a reference in Mrs. Rimas' letter?
12. What do the soldiers tell the woman who have been digging to do?
(a) Go back to their huts.
(b) Cook the soldiers some food.
(c) Get into the hole.
(d) Do the soldiers' laundry.
13. How is Andrius able to stay at the camp?
(a) He prostitutes himself to the soldiers who like men.
(b) He does all the paperwork for the commandant.
(c) His mother prostitutes herself as a bribe.
(d) He pretends to be stupid.
14. What does Lina learn about Jonas?
(a) He has escaped.
(b) He has been injured.
(c) He has been conscripted for Stalin's army.
(d) He is very ill.
15. Who is Janina?
(a) A priest.
(b) A little girl who travels with them.
(c) A nurse who checks the passengers.
(d) A doctor who checks the passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Lina one night when she turns sixteen?
2. Why is one man killed at the farm?
3. Where has the boat crossed when the prisoners start getting excited that they are going to America?
4. How does Lina's family get to their new destination?
5. Why are the prisoners forced to hide?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)