|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grouchy woman provide for the celebration?
(c) A brief Christmas story preformance.
2. Why are the prisoners given more food than usual?
(a) They are not given more food.
(b) So they can work harder at their destination.
(c) There is a new, more compassionate commandant.
(d) There is more available in this region.
3. What does Lina watch Mrs. Rimas do one day?
(a) Whisper to a guard.
(b) Cram her entire ration of bread in her mouth at once.
(c) Feed a pigeon a few crumbs of bread.
(d) Offer Jonas half of her bread ration.
4. What does Lina think of Andrius?
(a) That he betrayed the other prisoners.
(b) That he is dishonest.
(c) That he is kind.
(d) That he is handsome.
5. Who is Janina?
(a) A little girl who travels with them.
(b) A nurse who checks the passengers.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor who checks the passengers.
6. What can Lina not get over?
(a) That her family is there while Joana's family is comfortable in Germany.
(b) That Kretsky has been so kind.
(c) That Andrius did not come with them.
(d) That the bald man would know about her family when she did not.
7. What does Jonas have that they try to keep from the Altai woman?
(a) A head of cabbage.
(b) 3 potatoes.
(c) 3 beets.
(d) A bunch of onions.
8. What does Jonas give Andrius?
(a) A knife.
(c) A book.
(d) A stone.
9. What does the bald man reveal?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is Buddhist.
(c) He is an agnostic.
(d) He is an atheist.
10. What does Andrius bring for Jonas?
(a) A can of tomatoes.
(b) A can of orange juice.
(c) A bottle of castor oil.
(d) A can of pears.
11. How much time has passed as Jonas is improving?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
12. What does Elena have Lina take Mr. Stalas?
(a) A note.
(b) A beet.
(c) A potato.
(d) Some medicine.
13. What have Andrius and his mother decided to do?
(a) Try to get a pardon.
(b) Escape together.
(c) Use their privileges to gain food for the others.
(d) Kill themselves together.
14. What does the mother of a girl who dies do?
(a) Attacks a soldier.
(b) Jumps off the train when the girl's body is removed.
(d) Attacks the doctor.
15. What happens when Kretsky gets off the boat?
(a) He is met by his sister.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is given new orders.
(d) He is ordered back on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lina steal?
2. What does Elena say in her letters?
3. What does everyone bring to the Christmas Eve celebration?
4. How does Lina's family get to their new destination?
5. What does one of the men insist is happening to the prisoners?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)