|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elena think Kretsky was assigned to go with them to Siberia?
(a) For disobeying a lawful order.
(b) She has no idea.
(c) For helping the prisoners.
(d) For refusing to divulge information about his family.
2. Why do Elena and Jonas say Andrius is courageous?
(a) For sneaking out of the camp sometimes.
(b) For taking care of Mr. Stalas.
(c) For standing up to the guards.
(d) For getting food for them on occasion.
3. What are the prisoners told?
(a) Some of them are being transferred to another farm.
(b) Some of them are being released.
(c) The Germans have occupied their country.
(d) They have to sign a document.
4. What does Lina find that she decides to smuggle back to camp?
(a) A live rabbit in a trap.
(b) A dead owl.
(c) A dead wolverine.
(d) A dead rabbit.
5. What does Lina say when Andrius asks her if she is scared as she is stealing logs?
(a) She says she does not care what happens.
(b) She says she is simply cold.
(c) She says Kretsky gave her permissioni.
(d) She says the soldiers are too cold to come out and catch her.
6. What is Mrs. Arvydas doing?
(a) Begging for another potato.
(b) Laughing with some of the soldiers.
7. What letter does Lina remember?
(a) One from her father.
(b) One from Joana.
(c) One from her uncle.
(d) One from her mother when she is at art camp.
8. How do the soldiers try to frighten the women?
(a) By screaming at them.
(b) By making them march all night around the farm.
(c) By pointing their fingers and them and making a sign like pulling a trigger.
(d) By kicking dirt on them and firing their weapons.
9. How much time has passed as Jonas is improving?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
10. What does everyone bring to the Christmas Eve celebration?
(b) Their family photos.
(d) A present for each other.
11. What does Elena learn that makes her collapse?
(a) That Lina is being sent away.
(b) That they are going to be shot.
(c) That her husband has been killed in prison.
(d) That Jonas is being sent away.
12. What do Andrius and his mother send?
(d) Egg Nog.
13. When are the prisoners allowed to gather wood and other materials for their camp?
(a) After working.
(b) When they have breaks during the day.
(c) All day.
14. What does Joana not understand about her father's actions?
(a) Why he was so explosive in temperament.
(b) Why he would be packing up his medical books.
(c) Why he refused to let her go to school.
(d) Why he said Lina could not go with them.
15. What does Lina give Andrius for Christmas?
(a) A poem.
(c) The puppy she finds.
(d) A drawing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lina not go to find Jonas?
2. What does the commander do for hours?
3. How does Lina's family get to their new destination?
4. What do the soldiers tell the woman who have been digging to do?
5. What does Jonas give Andrius?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)