|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month do the soldiers come to Lina's home?
2. Where is the farming area where the trucks arrive?
(a) Near Luanas.
(b) Near Altai.
(c) Near Minsk.
(d) Near Lubovitch.
3. About how big is the hut in which Lina the others live?
(a) 10 by 20.
(b) 12 by 18.
(c) 10 by 12.
(d) 20 by 15.
4. What day does Lina recall as she is falling asleep?
(a) The day she was accepted into the art program.
(b) Her cat.
(c) The day the soldiers came.
(d) Her twelth birthday.
5. Who is Miss Grybas?
(a) A teacher.
(b) Lina's best friend's sister.
(c) One of the soldier's girlfriends.
(d) Lina's aunt.
6. Why does Andrius pull Jonas away?
(a) So he is not separated from his family.
(b) So he is not hit by a guard for being too slow.
(c) So he is not run over by a truck coming in with more prisoners.
(d) So he doesn't see what happens to Ona.
7. What is obvious about Andrius when he gets back to their railroad car?
(a) He has talked to his father.
(b) He has some sort of plan.
(c) He is dispirited.
(d) He has been brutally beaten.
8. To what summer program did Lina once apply for entrance?
(a) Sports program.
(b) Art program in Minsk.
(c) Art program in Vilnius.
(d) Music school in Kuanas.
9. What does Lina remember about why a teacher singled her out?
(a) The teacher is impressed with Lina's drawing abilities.
(b) The teacher was loyal to Russia.
(c) The teacher was prejudice because Lina is Jewish.
(d) The teacher seemed to know something about Lina's father.
10. What does Elena learn about Germany?
(a) They have invaded Lithuania.
(b) They have invaded Switzerland.
(c) They have invaded England.
(d) They have surrendered.
11. How many people does Lina count in the train car?
12. What does Andrius Arnydas say about his father?
(a) His father knows Stalin and will come to get him.
(b) His father is in the Lithuanian Army.
(c) His father was just killed by soldiers last week.
(d) His father is on his way to Moscow to appeal the sentence.
13. What does Ona do when they are loaded back on the trucks?
(a) She sobs.
(b) She starts chanting loudly.
(c) She whimpers.
(d) She refuses to speak.
14. What happens when a man jumps off the truck?
(a) He is left lying in the mud.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is shot.
15. What does Lina remember as her mother is donning her coat?
(a) The items sewn into the lining.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her favorite doll.
(d) Her best friend's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are left at the opening to Chapter 25?
2. What does Lina not tell her mother about Kostas?
3. What is a kolkhoz?
4. Where does the truck go from Lina's house?
5. Why do they wait for hours at their next stop?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)