|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 63 through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Jonas worry while waiting for Elena?
(a) That their house back in their homeland is being ransacked.
(b) That they should try to get more food.
(c) That they should try to escape.
(d) That they should have gone with Elena.
2. About what does Miss Grybas explain as the train continues south?
(a) The topography that the Russians will have to cross.
(b) The topography that the Germans will have to cross.
(c) The way the various alliances are lined up in WWII.
(d) The Ural Mountains.
3. What is Jonas afraid of at one point?
(a) That he iss going to be ill.
(b) That he is going to be left alone.
(c) That he has wet his pants.
(d) That he iss going to be taken to be with the men.
4. What does Lina do the next time she sees Andrius?
(a) Thanks him for the extra food he brings.
(c) Tells him he does not look dirty or hungry.
(d) Blushes at his attentions.
5. How do the women act the rest of the day after the soldiers try to scare them?
(a) They mumble bad things about the soldiers.
(b) They try to find some humor in the situation.
(c) They do not speak.
(d) They cry as they work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Andrius considered doing for his mother?
2. What is Mrs. Arvydas doing?
3. What did Lina once say about Stalin?
4. Why does Lina not go to find Jonas?
5. What drawing that Lina did once infuriated Lina's father?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)