|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36 through 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lina explain to the gray-haired man?
(a) That the song is in protest.
(b) That the ring will buy them food so she wants to keep it clean.
(c) That the symbols will give the next group hope.
(d) That the drawings will be a way to communicate with her father.
2. Where is the farming area where the trucks arrive?
(a) Near Minsk.
(b) Near Altai.
(c) Near Lubovitch.
(d) Near Luanas.
3. What does Ona ask the people on the train to do?
(a) Keep her baby while she tries to find some food for the child.
(b) Help her care for her baby.
(c) Help her escape.
(d) Not give her baby to the soldiers.
4. Who directs the packing?
(d) Each person packs for him/herself.
5. Why are two of the prisoners in danger?
(a) They can't walk.
(b) They make critical statements about Stalin.
(c) They are not Russians.
(d) They are talking loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elena pull Lina away from a guard?
2. Who is Ulyushka?
3. How does Mrs. Arvydas appear?
4. About whom does Lina think as they are eating?
5. What does Ona do when they are loaded back on the trucks?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)