|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pops appear in the setting in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Where does Pops go after making his demand in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Pops demand in addition to the fund he will be awarded based on the settlement terms in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Lulu accuse Junior of wanting her to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. For how long will Pops be able to live rent-free in his apartment according to the settlement terms in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict between Oswaldo and Pops in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Why is Junior leaving in Act 1, Scene 4? Where is he going?
3. How does the Church Lady convince Pops to take Communion in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How is the setting of the roof described in Act 1, Scene 4? What symbolism can be seen in this setting?
5. What conflict occurs between Junior and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does this conflict emerge?
6. What is the main stipulation surrounding Pops's lawsuit?
7. Where in the play do the exposition, rising action, and climax occur?
8. What is the time frame of Act 1, Scene 4 in relation to the scenes around it?
9. How have the circumstances of Oswaldo, Lulu, and Junior changed in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. What is symbolized by Pops's departure in the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lieutenant Caro and what is his relationship with Pops in the play? What is Caro's main objective in the story? Does he achieve that objective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of parent-child relationships in Between Riverside and Crazy. How is this theme developed through character? How is the theme developed through setting, symbolism, and imagery?
Essay Topic 3
What information does Lulu reveal to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this information significant to the plot of the story? How does Pops respond to the information that Lulu reveals?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)