|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is paying for Pops's medical bills, according to Junior in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does the Church Lady say she initially came to visit Pops in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who is the protagonist of Between Riverside and Crazy?
4. Who refused to let Pops's visitors see him because he is not to be disturbed in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How is Junior preparing to go out of town in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the time frame of Act 1, Scene 4 in relation to the scenes around it?
2. What simile does Lulu use to describe her love for Junior in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How does the Church Lady convince Pops to take Communion in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What are Pops's "last wishes" that he relates to Junior in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What additional provision does Pops demand of Caro before he will agree to sign the non-disclosure agreement in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does the Church Lady confess to Pops in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. What causes the conflict between Oswaldo and Pops in Act 1, Scene 5?
8. Who is Mo Lubenthal and why does Pops want to contact him in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How is the setting described for Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Why is Junior leaving in Act 1, Scene 4? Where is he going?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of justice in Between Riverside and Crazy. How does the playwright develop this theme through setting and imagery in the play? How does the theme relate to character? What symbolism relates to this theme?
Essay Topic 2
What has led to the conflict that Pops has with his landlord? What are the options that Pops has for resolving this conflict? Is the conflict resolved in the course of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Oswaldo in Between Riverside and Crazy. What has led to Oswaldo living in the apartment with Pops? What is revealed of Oswaldo's past? How does Oswaldo's character evolve in the play?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)