|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Church Lady ask Pops money for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who reveals that there has been a settlement in Pops's case in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What did Pops take with him when he left, as revealed in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is Oswaldo's condition when he enters in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What is Junior doing in the opening of Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Lulu departing in Act 2, Scene 1? Why?
2. How is the setting of the roof described in Act 1, Scene 4? What symbolism can be seen in this setting?
3. When and where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place in relation to the previous scenes in Act 1?
4. How does Junior describe his relationship with his mother in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the main stipulation surrounding Pops's lawsuit?
6. Where has Oswaldo been when he returns in Act 1, Scene 5?
7. Who is Mo Lubenthal and why does Pops want to contact him in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How would you describe O'Connor's relationship with Pops?
9. How is the setting described for Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How does the Church Lady convince Pops to take Communion in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What information does Lulu reveal to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this information significant to the plot of the story? How does Pops respond to the information that Lulu reveals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Pops as the protagonist of Between Riverside and Crazy. What are Pops's circumstances in the beginning of the play? How do those circumstances change? How does Pops's character evolve in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lieutenant Caro and what is his relationship with Pops in the play? What is Caro's main objective in the story? Does he achieve that objective? Why or why not?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)