|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established for Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Pops say for Lulu to do as he exits in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
4. What does Lulu accuse Junior of wanting her to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What is Pops doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where in the play do the exposition, rising action, and climax occur?
2. How is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3 described?
3. Where is Lulu departing in Act 2, Scene 1? Why?
4. How does the Church Lady convince Pops to take Communion in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What additional provision does Pops demand of Caro before he will agree to sign the non-disclosure agreement in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does the Church Lady confess to Pops in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. How is the Church Lady described in stage directions?
8. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
9. What is the time frame of Act 1, Scene 4 in relation to the scenes around it?
10. How have the circumstances of Oswaldo, Lulu, and Junior changed in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What implications do Caro and O'Connor make regarding Junior, Oswaldo, and Lulu when they confront Pops about his lawsuit? Do you think these implications are true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pops's relationship with Junior in Between Riverside and Crazy. Do they have a close relationship? What tensions arise or emerge in their relationship? Are these tensions or conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Detective O'Connor and what is her relationship to Pops? What appears to be O'Connor's main objective in the story? Does she achieve that objective? Why or why not?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)