|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sits on the table next to Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Oswaldo say he was threatened with in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What does Oswaldo demand angrily from Pops at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does Pops say for Lulu to do as he exits in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where does Pops go after making his demand in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
2. How is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3 described?
3. What is the main stipulation surrounding Pops's lawsuit?
4. Where has Oswaldo been when he returns in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. When and where do the stage directions indicate Act 2, Scene 4 begins?
6. How have the circumstances of Oswaldo, Lulu, and Junior changed in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. What additional provision does Pops demand of Caro before he will agree to sign the non-disclosure agreement in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. Where in the play do the exposition, rising action, and climax occur?
9. How is the Church Lady described in stage directions?
10. What does the Church Lady confess to Pops in Act 2, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is symbolically represented by O'Connor's engagement ring in Between Riverside and Crazy? What happens to the ring? Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Lulu in Between Riverside and Crazy. How is Lulu's character introduced? What are her relationships like with Junior and Pops? How does Lulu's character change in the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the dead Christmas tree that is described in the stage directions for several scenes? What do you think this object symbolizes? Why?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)