|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does Pops say for Lulu to do as he exits in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is revealed about Lulu in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Junior doing in the opening of Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Whom does Pops claim injured him in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict between Oswaldo and Pops in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
3. How would you describe O'Connor's relationship with Pops?
4. What is the time frame of Act 1, Scene 4 in relation to the scenes around it?
5. How does Junior describe his relationship with his mother in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What conflict occurs between Junior and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does this conflict emerge?
7. What is symbolized by Pops's departure in the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
8. What is revealed about Lulu's character in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How is the setting of the roof described in Act 1, Scene 4? What symbolism can be seen in this setting?
10. How is the setting described for Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of the Church Lady in Between Riverside and Crazy. How is the Church Lady's appearance described? Where is she from? What are her objectives in the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of justice in Between Riverside and Crazy. How does the playwright develop this theme through setting and imagery in the play? How does the theme relate to character? What symbolism relates to this theme?
Essay Topic 3
What implications do Caro and O'Connor make regarding Junior, Oswaldo, and Lulu when they confront Pops about his lawsuit? Do you think these implications are true? Why or why not?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)