|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pops tell Junior to call in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Pops described as wearing in the stage directions for Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who does Lulu ask about having called when she enters in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Whom does Pops call for assistance in getting to the bathroom in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. When do the stage directions indicate Act 2, Scene 1 takes place in relation to the events of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where do the stage directions indicate Act 2, Scene 4 begins?
2. Why is Junior leaving in Act 1, Scene 4? Where is he going?
3. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
4. How does Junior describe his relationship with his mother in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is Mo Lubenthal and why does Pops want to contact him in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What will Pops receive if he signs the non-disclosure agreement to settle his lawsuit in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What conflict occurs between Junior and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does this conflict emerge?
8. What is symbolized by Pops's departure in the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
9. How is the setting of the roof described in Act 1, Scene 4? What symbolism can be seen in this setting?
10. What are Pops's "last wishes" that he relates to Junior in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pops's relationship with Junior in Between Riverside and Crazy. Do they have a close relationship? What tensions arise or emerge in their relationship? Are these tensions or conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of race in Between Riverside and Crazy. How does the author manifest this theme through character and setting? What symbolism and imagery relate to this theme? How does setting connect to this theme?
Essay Topic 3
What is symbolically represented by O'Connor's engagement ring in Between Riverside and Crazy? What happens to the ring? Why is this significant?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)