|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pops say Junior feels about kids in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What time of day was it when Pops was shot?
3. What symbolic image is described in the room in the stage directions for Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What activity does O'Connor suggest Lulu is engaging in, in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. At what time of day does Act 1, Scene 3 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caro insinuate about Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is the relationship between Pops and Detective O'Connor?
3. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the wheelchair symbolically represent in the play?
5. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
6. How is Pops' apartment described in the stage directions for Act 1?
7. What is significant about the objects that Junior is carrying when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Why is Pops' dog significant in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How is Pops's race a factor in his circumstances with his former job?
10. Why does Junior criticize his father when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the box that Junior enters with in Act 1, Scene 1 noteworthy? What does the box represent? Does the playwright reveal what is inside the box? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the conflict between Pops and Oswaldo in the end of Act 1. What leads up to this conflict? Is the conflict resolved in the scene? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Detective O'Connor and what is her relationship to Pops? What appears to be O'Connor's main objective in the story? Does she achieve that objective? Why or why not?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)