|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is established in the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
3. What is Pops doing when Junior arrives that upsets Junior in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What was the name of Pops's wife?
5. What does Pops ask Lulu if she is considering getting in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting described in the stage directions for the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Pops describe Lulu when discussing her with Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is significant about the objects that Junior is carrying when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How would you describe Junior's behavior in the first half of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. What does Caro insinuate about Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What does Lulu "confess" to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
9. How is Pops' apartment described in the stage directions for Act 1?
10. How is Lulu's character introduced? What do the stage directions indicate regarding Lulu's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What implications do Caro and O'Connor make regarding Junior, Oswaldo, and Lulu when they confront Pops about his lawsuit? Do you think these implications are true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What information does Lulu reveal to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? Why is this information significant to the plot of the story? How does Pops respond to the information that Lulu reveals?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the box that Junior enters with in Act 1, Scene 1 noteworthy? What does the box represent? Does the playwright reveal what is inside the box? Why or why not?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)