|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Detective O'Connor's first name?
3. How does Lieutenant Caro describe Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What did the repeat offender for public masturbation do with the card that Pops gave to him?
5. How does Lulu say she thinks Junior feels about the baby in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the relationship between Pops and Detective O'Connor?
3. What are the circumstances of Pops' dispute with his landlord?
4. How is Pops' apartment described in the stage directions for Act 1?
5. How is Lulu's character introduced? What do the stage directions indicate regarding Lulu's appearance?
6. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why does Junior criticize his father when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Why does Pops ask for the butter knife in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How is the setting described for Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Why do O'Connor and Caro attempt to convince Pops to drop the lawsuit in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Detective O'Connor and what is her relationship to Pops? What appears to be O'Connor's main objective in the story? Does she achieve that objective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pops's relationship with Junior in Between Riverside and Crazy. Do they have a close relationship? What tensions arise or emerge in their relationship? Are these tensions or conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lieutenant Caro and what is his relationship with Pops in the play? What is Caro's main objective in the story? Does he achieve that objective? Why or why not?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)