|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in bed with Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) The dog.
(c) The cat.
(d) His granddaughter.
2. How does Pops describe his action of having lived his life in reaction to his father in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a success.
(b) As one of longing.
(c) As a failure.
(d) As a shadow.
3. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(c) Reciting poetry.
4. What does Oswaldo demand angrily from Pops at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) His police badge.
(b) His credit card.
(c) HIs gun.
(d) His car keys.
5. What did Pops take with him when he left, as revealed in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The dog.
(b) His guitar.
(c) The cat.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of clothing does Pops demand of Caro in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Church Lady remark about Lulu after Lulu leaves in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Pops tell Junior to take out of the room in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What sits on the table next to Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Pops described as wearing in the stage directions for Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where in the play do the exposition, rising action, and climax occur?
2. What conflict occurs between Junior and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does this conflict emerge?
3. How does the Church Lady convince Pops to take Communion in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
5. Who is Mo Lubenthal and why does Pops want to contact him in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How does the playwright indicate the transition between the scene with Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo to the scene with Pops and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. How does Junior describe his relationship with his mother in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How is the setting for Act 2, Scene 3 described?
9. How have the circumstances of Oswaldo, Lulu, and Junior changed in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. Where has Oswaldo been when he returns in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)