|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caro say he believes of the man who shot Pops in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That he intended to kill Pops.
(b) That he was intending to commit suicide.
(c) That he was racist and bigoted.
(d) That he did not use a racial slur against him.
2. Who does Pops tell Junior to call in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Oswaldo do after entering in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) He calls his father.
(b) He vomits on the floor.
(c) He calls out for Junior.
(d) He calls out for Lulu.
4. Who told the Church Lady about Pops, as revealed in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What setting is established for Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The roof.
(b) Pops's bedroom.
(c) Kitchen table.
(d) Living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What sexually transmitted disease does Lulu compare to her love for Junior in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. What symbolic object is noted in the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Oswaldo says in Act 1, Scene 5 that the person he visited called him a "weak addict just circlling" what (33)?
5. Where does the Church Lady say she is from in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What additional provision does Pops demand of Caro before he will agree to sign the non-disclosure agreement in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is the time frame of Act 1, Scene 4 in relation to the scenes around it?
3. Where in the play do the exposition, rising action, and climax occur?
4. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4? Why?
5. Who is Mo Lubenthal and why does Pops want to contact him in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What does the Church Lady confess to Pops in Act 2, Scene 4?
7. How does the playwright indicate the transition between the scene with Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo to the scene with Pops and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4?
8. What does the Church Lady ask Pops for money for in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What simile does Lulu use to describe her love for Junior in Act 1, Scene 4?
10. When and where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place in relation to the previous scenes in Act 1?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)