|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the lawyer that Pops describes having a conversation with in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Stanley Bernstein.
(b) Mo Lubenthal.
(c) Jack Waters.
(d) Michael Anderson.
2. What was Pops's father's profession?
(a) He was a police officer.
(b) He was a Naval Admiral.
(c) He was a traveling salesman.
(d) He was a stock broker.
3. How does Pops describe his last wishes in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He wants Junior to marry Lulu.
(b) He wants to be cremated and scattered in the ocean.
(c) He wants a large funeral.
(d) He wants no funeral.
4. Who has come by to visit Pops during his illness in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Lulu and Glenda.
(b) Mo Lubenstein.
(c) Dolores and Glenda.
(d) O'Connor and Caro.
5. Who tells the Church Lady that she is not welcome in the opening of Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pops claim injured him in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who sits by the front door in the opening of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Pops tell Junior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Pops tell Lulu to take with her when she goes in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. The actor who plays the nurse attending to Pops in Act 2, Scene 3 is noted as being the same actor who plays what character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict occurs between Junior and the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 3? Why does this conflict emerge?
2. How have the circumstances of Oswaldo, Lulu, and Junior changed in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What causes the conflict between Oswaldo and Pops in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What is revealed about Lulu's character in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is symbolized by Pops's departure in the end of Act 2, Scene 4?
6. How is the setting of the roof described in Act 1, Scene 4? What symbolism can be seen in this setting?
7. What are Pops's "last wishes" that he relates to Junior in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How is the setting described for Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Where is Lulu departing in Act 2, Scene 1? Why?
10. What is the main stipulation surrounding Pops's lawsuit?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)