|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
2. Against what/whom has Pops been involved in a lawsuit?
(a) The City of New York.
(b) The City of Boston.
(c) The City of Newark.
(d) The City of Baltimore.
3. How does Pops say he believes cops secretly feel about themselves in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He believes they secretly feel they are god.
(b) He believes they secretly hate themselves.
(c) He believes they secretly wish they were criminals.
(d) He believes they secretly want justice.
4. How does Lieutenant Caro describe his current situation at work in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "I'm rising fast in the force" (20).
(b) "I'm a glorified paper shuffler now" (20).
(c) "I'm about to be fired" (20).
(d) "I'm back to being a beat cop now" (20).
5. Who is Oswaldo going to make amends with in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gorilla order at the bar in the joke from Act 1, Scene 3?
2. The stage directions in the play's opening describe Pops's home as "a rent-controlled Palace ruled by" what (4)?
3. How did Caro get the money to purchase an engagement ring?
4. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What was Pops's profession before he retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pops describe Lulu when discussing her with Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How is Lulu's character introduced? What do the stage directions indicate regarding Lulu's appearance?
3. What does Caro insinuate about Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does the wheelchair symbolically represent in the play?
5. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does Pops ask that makes Lulu hurt and angry in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What joke does Lieutenant Caro relate in the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
8. How did Caro obtain the money for the engagement ring? How much did it cost?
9. What does Lulu "confess" to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
10. Why do O'Connor and Caro attempt to convince Pops to drop the lawsuit in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)