|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement describes Pops's feelings about Lulu's pregnancy in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "I'm tickled pink, Lulu" (15).
(b) "You are a fool, Lulu" (15).
(c) "We gotta find a solution" (15).
(d) "Don't nobody tell Junior" (15).
2. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
(a) When Junior was shot.
(b) When he was shot.
(c) When his wife fell ill with cancer.
(d) When Oswaldo was shot.
3. What is Pops's last name?
4. What nickname did the police give to the perp who Pops says he busted a dozen times for masturbating in public in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "Butch Sundance."
(c) "John Wayne."
5. What is Pops doing when Junior arrives that upsets Junior in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Reading the newspaper.
(b) Drinking in the morning.
(c) Making scrambled eggs.
(d) Talking to Oswaldo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caro tell Pops in order to diffuse their conflict in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What was the name of Pops's wife?
3. What type of chair is Pops sitting in at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is coming to Pops's apartment for dinner later in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Oswaldo offer Pops to eat in the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Pops and Detective O'Connor?
2. How did Caro obtain the money for the engagement ring? How much did it cost?
3. Why do O'Connor and Caro attempt to convince Pops to drop the lawsuit in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Caro insinuate about Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How would you describe Junior's behavior in the first half of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Why does Junior criticize his father when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does Pops ask that makes Lulu hurt and angry in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why does Pops ask for the butter knife in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does Pops describe Lulu when discussing her with Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)