|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting established for Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Living room.
(b) The roof.
(c) Pops's bedroom.
(d) Kitchen table.
2. What was the name of Pops's wife?
3. Why is Pops in conflict with the landlord of his apartment building?
(a) The landlord is trying to evict him.
(b) The landlord is selling the building.
(c) The landlord has been arrested for fraud.
(d) The landlord is harassing Lulu.
4. What is the punchline of the gorilla joke in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "At these prices I'm not surprised!" (16).
(b) "Well thanks for asking!" (16).
(c) "Well I'm on my ways back out!" (16).
(d) "Well what do you know!" (16).
5. Where does Junior say Oswaldo was supposed to be going this morning in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) The Bronx.
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where was Pops when he was shot?
3. With whom does Lulu say she has an understanding in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does Lieutenant Caro describe his current situation at work in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What character is revealed to have formerly worked with Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the objects that Junior is carrying when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Pops ask for the butter knife in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Caro insinuate about Junior, Lulu, and Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Pops' dog significant in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is revealed about Junior's past in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Why do O'Connor and Caro attempt to convince Pops to drop the lawsuit in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why is Pops involved with Lubenthal and Lubenthal?
10. How did Caro obtain the money for the engagement ring? How much did it cost?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)