|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pops give to the man with the knife in his head on the way to the hospital, according to the story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A book of Bible verses.
(b) A shot of tequila.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A cigarette and a beer.
2. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What season is described in the opening stage directions for Act 1?
4. How does Caro say his father died in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He died from cancer.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He committed suicide.
5. What time of day was it when Pops was shot?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played Oswaldo in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
2. What does Oswaldo offer Pops to eat in the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Lieutenant Caro's first name?
4. What objective does Pops accuse O'Connor and Caro of having in their action of trying to convince him against his pursuit with the city in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Lieutenant Caro describe Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pops ask for the butter knife in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Pops describe Lulu when discussing her with Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How is Pops's race a factor in his circumstances with his former job?
4. How is the setting described for Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How would you describe Junior's behavior in the first half of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
10. What does the wheelchair symbolically represent in the play?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)