|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pops tells Junior in Act 1, Scene 3 that Moms was his superior in every way except for what exception?
(d) Helping with homework.
2. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(d) Playing cards.
3. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Pops ask Oswaldo for in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) His breakfast plate.
(c) His pocket watch.
(d) A butter knife.
5. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show does the playwright cite in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why is Pops having a dispute with his landlord?
3. When do the stage directions indicate that Pops's wife died?
4. What time is it when Junior enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How did Caro get the money to purchase an engagement ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the status of Pops's family at the opening of the play?
3. How is Pops' apartment described in the stage directions for Act 1?
4. What does Pops ask that makes Lulu hurt and angry in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What are the circumstances of Pops' dispute with his landlord?
6. How is Pops's race a factor in his circumstances with his former job?
7. Why is Pops' dog significant in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What does the knife story reveal about Pops's character in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. Why is Pops involved with Lubenthal and Lubenthal?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)