|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Junior tell Pops and Oswaldo not to mess with when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His dog.
(c) His gun.
(d) His box.
2. What did the repeat offender for public masturbation do with the card that Pops gave to him?
(a) He got it laminated.
(b) He threw it in Pops's face.
(c) He threw it away.
(d) He sold it.
3. What setting is indicated for the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Living room.
(c) Pops's bedroom.
(d) Kitchen table.
4. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
5. What is Pops's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lieutenant Caro describe his current situation at work in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
3. What does Pops ask Oswaldo for in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Lulu say she thinks Junior feels about the baby in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where was Pops when he was shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the wheelchair symbolically represent in the play?
2. How did Caro obtain the money for the engagement ring? How much did it cost?
3. What are the main details of the lawsuit Pops is involved with?
4. Why does Junior criticize his father when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is significant about the objects that Junior is carrying when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2? Why?
9. What is significant about the nicknames characters use to refer to Pops in the play?
10. What are the circumstances of Pops' dispute with his landlord?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)