|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Pops the dog?
(a) Pops's wife.
(c) The Church Lady.
2. Pops tells Junior in Act 1, Scene 3 that Moms was his superior in every way except for what exception?
(c) Helping with homework.
3. Lulu insists to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2 that he start taking his medications for what conditions?
(a) Epilepsy and high blood pressure.
(b) Depression and anxiety.
(c) Glaucoma, diabetes, heart, and blood pressure.
(d) Cancer and high blood pressure.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Pops claim the man who shot him called him?
5. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
2. What does Pops tell Lulu they will be having for dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Caro tell Pops in order to diffuse their conflict in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does Pops ask Lulu if she is considering getting in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why is Pops in conflict with the landlord of his apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Junior's behavior in the first half of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How did Caro obtain the money for the engagement ring? How much did it cost?
3. What is revealed about Junior's past in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Junior criticize his father when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is significant about the objects that Junior is carrying when he enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How is Lulu's character introduced? What do the stage directions indicate regarding Lulu's appearance?
7. What does Lulu "confess" to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
8. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How does Lulu respond when Pops asks her about getting a job in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Why is Pops involved with Lubenthal and Lubenthal?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)