|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of doctor does Pops say he is going to take Lulu when she confesses she is pregnant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To a pediatrician.
(b) To a psychiatrist.
(c) To an obstetrician.
(d) To a gynecologist.
2. With whom does Lulu say she has an understanding in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her Higher Power.
(d) Her father.
3. What is Pops doing when Junior arrives that upsets Junior in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Drinking in the morning.
(b) Talking to Oswaldo.
(c) Making scrambled eggs.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
4. Who played the role of Pops in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
(b) Ron Cephas Jones.
(c) Victor Almanzar.
(d) Austin Pendleton.
5. What does Pops tell Lulu they will be having for dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Chicken and waffles.
(b) Shrimps and veal.
(c) Barbecue ribs.
(d) Pork roast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theater company originally produced Between Riverside and Crazy?
2. How does Pops say Junior feels about kids in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does Junior say Oswaldo was supposed to be going this morning in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How much money does the bartender charge the gorilla for his drink in the joke from Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What symbolic image is described in the room in the stage directions for Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pops describe Lulu when discussing her with Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the relationship between Pops and Detective O'Connor?
3. Who is Oswaldo and how would you describe his relationship with Pops in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why is Pops' dog significant in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How is the setting described in the stage directions for the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. How is Pops' apartment described in the stage directions for Act 1?
7. What does Lulu "confess" to Pops in Act 1, Scene 2? How does he respond?
8. What are the main details of the lawsuit Pops is involved with?
9. What promise does Pops make to Lulu in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. How would you describe Junior's behavior in the first half of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)