|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Church Lady that she is not welcome in the opening of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is the Church Lady's ethnicity?
(a) She is Native American.
(b) She is African American.
(c) She is Haitian.
(d) She is Latina.
3. What did Junior's mother suggest he get because "a black man needs that" in Act 2, Scene 2 (44)?
(d) Vitamin D.
4. Where does Pops appear in the setting in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the living room.
5. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Drinking whiskey.
(b) Reciting poetry.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
6. How does Pops describe his action of having lived his life in reaction to his father in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a failure.
(b) As a shadow.
(c) As a success.
(d) As one of longing.
7. What does Lulu accuse Junior of wanting her to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Move out of the apartment.
(d) Have an abortion.
8. What setting is established for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Living room.
(b) Pops's bedroom.
(c) Kitchen table.
(d) The roof.
9. What does the Church Lady insist on giving to Pops in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A letter.
(b) An airplane ticket.
(d) A ride to the doctor.
10. How does Act 2, Scene 1 end?
(a) With Pops kicking out Oswaldo.
(b) With Oswaldo threatening Pops.
(c) With Junior's return.
(d) With Pops having a heart attack.
11. In what type of chair is Junior sitting in the opening of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A recliner.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A lawn chair.
(d) A desk chair.
12. Dialogue in Act 2, Scene 1 reveals that the Church Lady is visiting Pops instead of whom?
13. What does Caro say he believes of the man who shot Pops in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That he intended to kill Pops.
(b) That he was intending to commit suicide.
(c) That he was racist and bigoted.
(d) That he did not use a racial slur against him.
14. What symbolic object is noted in the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A recliner.
(b) A lawn chair.
(c) An EKG monitor and IV.
(d) A dead Christmas tree, fully lit.
15. What does Pops suggest he may do if he survives in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Return to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pops call for assistance in getting to the bathroom in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What is one of the key themes in Between Riverside and Crazy?
3. How is Pops's appearance described in the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Pops tell Lulu to take with her when she goes in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. The actor who plays the nurse attending to Pops in Act 2, Scene 3 is noted as being the same actor who plays what character?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)