|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Church Lady's ethnicity?
(a) She is Latina.
(b) She is Native American.
(c) She is Haitian.
(d) She is African American.
2. How does Pops describe his last wishes in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He wants a large funeral.
(b) He wants to be cremated and scattered in the ocean.
(c) He wants no funeral.
(d) He wants Junior to marry Lulu.
3. Who told the Church Lady about Pops, as revealed in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Whom does Pops call for assistance in getting to the bathroom in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who is the lawyer that Pops describes having a conversation with in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mo Lubenthal.
(b) Jack Waters.
(c) Stanley Bernstein.
(d) Michael Anderson.
6. How does Pops describe his action of having lived his life in reaction to his father in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a success.
(b) As one of longing.
(c) As a shadow.
(d) As a failure.
7. Dialogue in Act 2, Scene 1 reveals that the Church Lady is visiting Pops instead of whom?
8. What is in bed with Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) The dog.
(c) The cat.
(d) A stuffed bear.
9. What character remains onstage as the lights fade at the end of the play?
(b) The Church Lady.
10. The actor who plays the nurse attending to Pops in Act 2, Scene 3 is noted as being the same actor who plays what character?
11. In what type of chair is Junior sitting in the opening of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A recliner.
(b) A lawn chair.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A desk chair.
12. What is revealed about Lulu in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is having an abortion.
(c) She is getting married.
(d) She is not pregnant.
13. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Reciting poetry.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(c) Drinking whiskey.
14. What must Pops do to reach the agreement for the settlement in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Sign a nondisclosure agreement.
(b) Return to work for the police force.
(c) Write a letter of apology.
(d) Move to a different city.
15. What symbolic object is noted in the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A dead Christmas tree, fully lit.
(b) A lawn chair.
(c) An EKG monitor and IV.
(d) A recliner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswaldo demand angrily from Pops at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What was Pops's father's profession?
3. When do the stage directions indicate Act 2, Scene 1 takes place in relation to the events of Act 1?
4. What is Junior doing in the opening of Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Pops give to the Church Lady in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)