|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sits on the table next to Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A globe.
(b) Junior's wedding picture.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) Pops's wedding picture.
2. The actor who plays the nurse attending to Pops in Act 2, Scene 3 is noted as being the same actor who plays what character?
3. What symbolic object is noted in the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A dead Christmas tree, fully lit.
(b) A recliner.
(c) An EKG monitor and IV.
(d) A lawn chair.
4. Where does the Church Lady say she is from in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is the protagonist of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) The Church Lady.
6. What are Junior and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Reciting poetry.
7. What did Junior's mother suggest he get because "a black man needs that" in Act 2, Scene 2 (44)?
(c) Vitamin D.
8. What was Pops's father's profession?
(a) He was a traveling salesman.
(b) He was a police officer.
(c) He was a Naval Admiral.
(d) He was a stock broker.
9. What is Pops described as wearing in the stage directions for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) A lab jacket.
(c) Surgery scrubs.
(d) A suit and Caro's tie.
10. Where does Pops appear in the setting in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) In the basement.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
11. What is Pops doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Drinking and singing.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Calling out for Junior.
12. What color clothing is the Church Lady dressed in, in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) All red.
(b) All white.
(c) All black.
(d) All blue.
13. What does Pops demand in addition to the fund he will be awarded based on the settlement terms in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) O'Connor's engagement ring.
(b) O'Connor's car.
(c) A new apartment.
(d) A new car.
14. What does Pops tell the Church Lady that she gave him in Act 2, Scene 4?
15. What does Lulu accuse Junior of wanting her to do in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Move out of the apartment.
(b) Get a divorce.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Have an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pops tell Junior to take out of the room in the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is one of the key themes in Between Riverside and Crazy?
3. How is Pops's appearance described in the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Oswaldo demand angrily from Pops at the end of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What does Oswaldo ask Pops for money for in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)