|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Church Lady ask Pops money for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she needs to have an abortion.
(b) Because she is being evicted from her apartment.
(c) To move to Baltimore.
(d) To help abandoned orphans in her home country.
2. What is revealed about Caro's father in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He was not a police officer.
(b) He was African American.
(c) He did not commit suicide.
(d) He was wanted for murder.
3. What are strewn about the room in the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Moving boxes.
(c) Bird cages.
(d) Piles of garbage.
4. What character remains onstage as the lights fade at the end of the play?
(c) The Church Lady.
5. What is Pops described as wearing in the stage directions for Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A pair of overalls.
(b) A lab jacket.
(c) Surgery scrubs.
(d) A suit and Caro's tie.
6. Dialogue in Act 2, Scene 1 reveals that the Church Lady is visiting Pops instead of whom?
7. Who does Lulu ask about having called when she enters in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her mother.
8. What is the Church Lady's ethnicity?
(a) She is Haitian.
(b) She is Latina.
(c) She is Native American.
(d) She is African American.
9. Who is the lawyer that Pops describes having a conversation with in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Stanley Bernstein.
(b) Mo Lubenthal.
(c) Jack Waters.
(d) Michael Anderson.
10. How does Pops describe his action of having lived his life in reaction to his father in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) As a shadow.
(b) As a failure.
(c) As a success.
(d) As one of longing.
11. Where does Pops go after making his demand in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To his bedroom.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the roof.
12. Who does Pops tell Junior to call in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. How is Pops's appearance described in the opening of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He is in pajamas and a bathrobe.
(b) He is dressed in a suit and tie.
(c) He is wearing his police uniform and an overcoat.
(d) He has a bandage over his eye and he is holding a cane.
14. Who is paying for Pops's medical bills, according to Junior in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Church Lady.
(c) The Police Association.
15. What is in bed with Pops in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) The cat.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Church Lady confess to be in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What is revealed about Lulu in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is one of the key themes in Between Riverside and Crazy?
4. Where does Pops appear in the setting in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Oswaldo ask Pops for money for in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)