|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of chair is Pops sitting in at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wingback chair.
(b) A folding chair.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A recliner.
2. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To come back to work.
(b) To sell his car.
(c) To give up his civil lawsuit.
(d) To move to Staten Island.
3. What was Pops's profession before he retired?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was an accountant.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was a teacher.
4. To what kind of doctor does Pops say he is going to take Lulu when she confesses she is pregnant in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To a psychiatrist.
(b) To an obstetrician.
(c) To a pediatrician.
(d) To a gynecologist.
5. What does the gorilla order at the bar in the joke from Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A White Russian.
(b) A banana daquiri.
(c) A martini.
(d) A banana.
6. What is the punchline of the gorilla joke in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "At these prices I'm not surprised!" (16).
(b) "Well I'm on my ways back out!" (16).
(c) "Well what do you know!" (16).
(d) "Well thanks for asking!" (16).
7. What does Caro tell Pops in order to diffuse their conflict in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He tells Pops that O'Connor wants him to give her away at her wedding.
(b) He tells Pops that he wants to ask Lulu to marry him.
(c) He tells Pops that he loves him.
(d) He tells Pops that Junior's criminal record has been wiped clean.
8. What objective does Pops accuse O'Connor and Caro of having in their action of trying to convince him against his pursuit with the city in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He accuses them of trying to attain promotions.
(b) He accuses them of wanting the money for themselves.
(c) He accuses them of trying to get at Junior.
(d) He accuses them of trying to rob him.
9. Which statement describes Pops's feelings about Lulu's pregnancy in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) "Don't nobody tell Junior" (15).
(b) "I'm tickled pink, Lulu" (15).
(c) "You are a fool, Lulu" (15).
(d) "We gotta find a solution" (15).
10. When do the stage directions indicate that Pops's wife died?
(a) Just before Christmas.
(b) Just before Easter.
(c) On Mother's Day.
(d) On New Year's Eve.
11. Where does Junior say Oswaldo was supposed to be going this morning in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) New Jersey.
12. At what time of day does Act 1, Scene 3 open?
13. Who is the doctor in the building that Pops insists in taking Lulu to see in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Anderson.
(b) Dr. Shaw.
(c) Dr. Stephens.
(d) Dr. Black.
14. Who gave Pops the dog?
(a) Pops's wife.
(d) The Church Lady.
15. What time of day was it when Pops was shot?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caro say his father died in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What was the name of Pops's wife?
3. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What season is described in the opening stage directions for Act 1?
5. To whom did Caro give the engagement ring which he purchased?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)