|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pops come into the cop force?
(a) The late 1970s.
(b) The late 1980s.
(c) The early 1990s.
(d) The late 1960s.
2. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To give up his civil lawsuit.
(b) To come back to work.
(c) To sell his car.
(d) To move to Staten Island.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Pops claim the man who shot him called him?
4. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Drinking whiskey.
(b) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Playing cards.
5. Where was Pops when he was shot?
(a) At a bar.
(b) In the police station.
(c) On the street outside his home.
(d) At home.
6. What time of day was it when Pops was shot?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
7. What objective does Pops accuse O'Connor and Caro of having in their action of trying to convince him against his pursuit with the city in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He accuses them of trying to rob him.
(b) He accuses them of trying to attain promotions.
(c) He accuses them of wanting the money for themselves.
(d) He accuses them of trying to get at Junior.
8. When was the rental rate set on Pops's apartment?
9. How much money did Caro spend on the engagement ring that he purchased?
10. Who tells the joke about the gorilla in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Detective O'Connor.
(b) Lieutenant Caro.
11. How did Caro get the money to purchase an engagement ring?
(a) From an inheritance.
(b) In a poker game.
(c) He stole it.
(d) He won a lawsuit.
12. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
13. Who are the lawyers that Pops has hired in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) O'Connor and Caro.
(b) Henderson and Henderson.
(c) Bernstein and Stanley.
(d) Lubenthal and Lubenthal.
14. Pops tells Junior in Act 1, Scene 3 that Moms was his superior in every way except for what exception?
(b) Helping with homework.
15. What is Pops' response when Lulu tells him in Act 1, Scene 2, "I really appreciate you taking me in, Dad" (15)?
(a) "I love you, Lulu. You're welcome."
(b) "You're my daughter."
(c) "You need to get out soon, honey."
(d) "You family, Lulu. Ain't a thing."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
2. What is the setting established for Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
4. What does Junior say he will drop off when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Lulu say she thinks Junior feels about the baby in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)