|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To sell his car.
(b) To move to Staten Island.
(c) To come back to work.
(d) To give up his civil lawsuit.
2. What does Pops ask Lulu that upsets her in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He asks her if she will get married.
(b) He asks her if her father knows.
(c) He asks if the baby is Junior's.
(d) He asks her if she is a prostitute.
3. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Lieutenant Caro's first name?
5. Who played the role of Pops in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Ron Cephas Jones.
(b) Austin Pendleton.
(c) Victor Almanzar.
(d) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
6. What was the name of Pops's wife?
7. How does Pops say he believes cops secretly feel about themselves in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He believes they secretly want justice.
(b) He believes they secretly feel they are god.
(c) He believes they secretly hate themselves.
(d) He believes they secretly wish they were criminals.
8. When do the stage directions indicate that Pops's wife died?
(a) Just before Christmas.
(b) On Mother's Day.
(c) Just before Easter.
(d) On New Year's Eve.
9. What was Pops's profession before he retired?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was an accountant.
10. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
(a) When he was shot.
(b) When his wife fell ill with cancer.
(c) When Junior was shot.
(d) When Oswaldo was shot.
11. How does Lieutenant Caro describe Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "A retired old sod" (20).
(b) "One of the great ones" (20).
(c) "A glorified dictator of the beat" (20).
(d) "A wild one" (20).
12. What season is described in the opening stage directions for Act 1?
13. What character in the play is described as a recovering alcoholic?
14. How does Pops say Junior feels about kids in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is afraid of kids.
(b) He loves kids.
(c) He is abusive to kids.
(d) He hates kids.
15. What profession does Caro say his father had in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He was a public attorney.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Detective O'Connor's first name?
2. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
3. What objective does Pops accuse O'Connor and Caro of having in their action of trying to convince him against his pursuit with the city in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is the setting established for Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Oswaldo offer Pops to eat in the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)