|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Connor comment that Lulu calls Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Old Man.
(c) Big Daddy.
2. Who shot Pops?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A white rookie cop.
(c) A black rookie cop.
(d) A man fleeing a robbery.
3. The stage directions indicate that Pops's apartment, "if deregulated, would easily fetch" how many times its current rent (4)?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Twenty times.
4. What symbolic image is described in the room in the stage directions for Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A dead Christmas tree, fully lit.
(b) An EKG monitor and IV.
(c) A recliner.
(d) A wheelchair.
5. What season is described in the opening stage directions for Act 1?
6. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
7. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
(a) When he was shot.
(b) When Junior was shot.
(c) When his wife fell ill with cancer.
(d) When Oswaldo was shot.
8. How does Lieutenant Caro describe Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "A wild one" (20).
(b) "A glorified dictator of the beat" (20).
(c) "One of the great ones" (20).
(d) "A retired old sod" (20).
9. What did Pops give to the man with the knife in his head on the way to the hospital, according to the story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A book of Bible verses.
(c) A shot of tequila.
(d) A cigarette and a beer.
10. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. Against what/whom has Pops been involved in a lawsuit?
(a) The City of New York.
(b) The City of Newark.
(c) The City of Boston.
(d) The City of Baltimore.
12. What does Pops tell Lulu they will be having for dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Pork roast.
(b) Shrimps and veal.
(c) Barbecue ribs.
(d) Chicken and waffles.
13. When did the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy premiere in New York City?
(a) March, 2014.
(b) August, 2015.
(c) July, 2014.
(d) January, 2016.
14. To whom did Caro give the engagement ring which he purchased?
(a) Detective O'Connor.
(c) The Church Lady.
15. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pops say he believes cops secretly feel about themselves in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Pops tells Junior in Act 1, Scene 3 that Moms was his superior in every way except for what exception?
3. Where does Junior say Oswaldo was supposed to be going this morning in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What was Pops's profession before he retired?
5. What does Lulu say the horizon looks like to her in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)