|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Pops the dog?
(b) Pops's wife.
(d) The Church Lady.
2. What setting is indicated for the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Living room.
(c) Kitchen table.
(d) Pops's bedroom.
3. Why does Pops refuse to take rent money from Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Because Oswaldo is his brother.
(b) Because he owes Oswaldo money.
(c) Because he considers him a guest.
(d) Because Oswaldo is his son.
4. What was the name of Pops's wife?
5. What is Detective O'Connor's first name?
6. What is Pops's last name?
7. Who played the role of Pops in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
(b) Austin Pendleton.
(c) Victor Almanzar.
(d) Ron Cephas Jones.
8. How does Lieutenant Caro describe his current situation at work in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "I'm rising fast in the force" (20).
(b) "I'm about to be fired" (20).
(c) "I'm a glorified paper shuffler now" (20).
(d) "I'm back to being a beat cop now" (20).
9. Against what/whom has Pops been involved in a lawsuit?
(a) The City of Baltimore.
(b) The City of Boston.
(c) The City of Newark.
(d) The City of New York.
10. What does Junior say he will drop off when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A pack of cigarettes.
(b) A stolen stereo.
(c) Pops's suitcase.
(d) A rent check.
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, what does Pops claim the man who shot him called him?
12. Where does Junior say Oswaldo was supposed to be going this morning in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) The Bronx.
13. Who are the lawyers that Pops has hired in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Henderson and Henderson.
(b) O'Connor and Caro.
(c) Bernstein and Stanley.
(d) Lubenthal and Lubenthal.
14. What time of day was it when Pops was shot?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
15. What is Lulu supposedly studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did the police give to the perp who Pops says he busted a dozen times for masturbating in public in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What setting is established in the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why is Pops in conflict with the landlord of his apartment building?
5. Which statement describes Pops's feelings about Lulu's pregnancy in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)