|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theater company originally produced Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Roundabout Theatre Company.
(b) Labyrinth Theater Company.
(c) Horizon Theater Company.
(d) Atlantic Theater Company.
2. What does Pops ask Oswaldo for in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) His breakfast plate.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) His pocket watch.
3. Who tells the joke about the gorilla in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Lieutenant Caro.
(c) Detective O'Connor.
4. What does the gorilla order at the bar in the joke from Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A banana daquiri.
(b) A martini.
(c) A White Russian.
(d) A banana.
5. What objective does Pops accuse O'Connor and Caro of having in their action of trying to convince him against his pursuit with the city in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He accuses them of wanting the money for themselves.
(b) He accuses them of trying to rob him.
(c) He accuses them of trying to attain promotions.
(d) He accuses them of trying to get at Junior.
6. Who are the lawyers that Pops has hired in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Lubenthal and Lubenthal.
(b) Bernstein and Stanley.
(c) Henderson and Henderson.
(d) O'Connor and Caro.
7. How does Lieutenant Caro describe Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "A retired old sod" (20).
(b) "One of the great ones" (20).
(c) "A glorified dictator of the beat" (20).
(d) "A wild one" (20).
8. What is Pops' response when Lulu tells him in Act 1, Scene 2, "I really appreciate you taking me in, Dad" (15)?
(a) "I love you, Lulu. You're welcome."
(b) "You need to get out soon, honey."
(c) "You're my daughter."
(d) "You family, Lulu. Ain't a thing."
9. When did Pops come into the cop force?
(a) The early 1990s.
(b) The late 1970s.
(c) The late 1960s.
(d) The late 1980s.
10. What does Lulu eat for breakfast in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. What does Lulu say she is going to be someday in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A stock broker.
(b) An accountant.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
12. Who played Oswaldo in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Ron Cephas Jones.
(b) Victor Almanzar.
(c) Austin Pendleton.
(d) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
13. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
14. What does O'Connor attempt to convince Pops to do during her visit in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) To move to Staten Island.
(b) To sell his car.
(c) To give up his civil lawsuit.
(d) To come back to work.
15. What was Pops's profession before he retired?
(a) He was an accountant.
(b) He was a police officer.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pops tell Lulu they will be having for dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Pops say he believes cops secretly feel about themselves in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
4. Against what/whom has Pops been involved in a lawsuit?
5. Why does Pops complain about Lulu's attire in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)