|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lulu say she thinks Junior feels about the baby in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She thinks he does not want her to have it.
(b) She thinks that Junior is excited to be a father.
(c) She thinks that Junior hopes for a son.
(d) She thinks that Junior does not believe her.
2. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. When was the rental rate set on Pops's apartment?
4. What type of chair is Pops sitting in at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A wingback chair.
(c) A folding chair.
(d) A recliner.
5. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
6. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(d) Playing cards.
7. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
8. What did Pops give to the man with the knife in his head on the way to the hospital, according to the story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A cigarette and a beer.
(b) A book of Bible verses.
(c) A shot of tequila.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
9. What character is revealed to have formerly worked with Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Detective O'Connor.
(d) Lieutenant Caro.
10. What nickname did the police give to the perp who Pops says he busted a dozen times for masturbating in public in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) "John Wayne."
(c) "Butch Sundance."
11. Who is the doctor in the building that Pops insists in taking Lulu to see in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Stephens.
(b) Dr. Anderson.
(c) Dr. Shaw.
(d) Dr. Black.
12. Who is coming to Pops's apartment for dinner later in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mo Lubenthal.
(b) The Church Lady.
13. How does Caro say his father died in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was shot.
(d) He died from cancer.
14. Who played Oswaldo in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Austin Pendleton.
(b) Victor Almanzar.
(c) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
(d) Ron Cephas Jones.
15. What does Junior say he will drop off when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A stolen stereo.
(b) Pops's suitcase.
(c) A pack of cigarettes.
(d) A rent check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pops ask Oswaldo for in the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who shot Pops?
3. What does Junior tell Pops and Oswaldo not to mess with when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What theater company originally produced Between Riverside and Crazy?
5. What television show does the playwright cite in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)