|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the stage directions indicate that Pops's wife died?
(a) Just before Christmas.
(b) On New Year's Eve.
(c) Just before Easter.
(d) On Mother's Day.
2. What does Junior tell Pops and Oswaldo not to mess with when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) His dog.
(b) His jacket.
(c) His gun.
(d) His box.
3. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What time is it when Junior enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
5. Why is Pops having a dispute with his landlord?
(a) The landlord is selling the building.
(b) The landlord is attempting to raise the rent for Pops.
(c) The landlord has engaged in money laundering.
(d) The landlord wants him to move out of the rent-controlled apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
2. Why does Pops refuse to take rent money from Oswaldo in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Pops's last name?
4. How does Pops say Junior feels about kids in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What setting is indicated for the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)