|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
2. Why is Pops having a dispute with his landlord?
(a) The landlord is attempting to raise the rent for Pops.
(b) The landlord is selling the building.
(c) The landlord has engaged in money laundering.
(d) The landlord wants him to move out of the rent-controlled apartment.
3. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What time is it when Junior enters in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
5. Who directed the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Austin Pendleton.
(b) Victor Almanzar.
(c) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
(d) Ron Cephas Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What setting is indicated for the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
3. How does Lulu say she thinks Junior feels about the baby in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What character in the play is described as a recovering alcoholic?
5. The stage directions indicate that Pops's apartment, "if deregulated, would easily fetch" how many times its current rent (4)?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)