|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pops doing when Junior arrives that upsets Junior in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Making scrambled eggs.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Drinking in the morning.
(d) Talking to Oswaldo.
2. Who directed the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Austin Pendleton.
(b) Ron Cephas Jones.
(c) Victor Almanzar.
(d) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
3. What does Junior say he will drop off when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Pops's suitcase.
(b) A rent check.
(c) A stolen stereo.
(d) A pack of cigarettes.
4. Against what/whom has Pops been involved in a lawsuit?
(a) The City of Newark.
(b) The City of Baltimore.
(c) The City of New York.
(d) The City of Boston.
5. The stage directions in the play's opening describe Pops's home as "a rent-controlled Palace ruled by" what (4)?
(a) "A grieving despot King."
(b) "A retired police officer."
(c) "A fallen dictator."
(d) "A lost old man."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pops complain about Lulu's attire in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What type of chair is Pops sitting in at the opening of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
4. Who is coming to Pops's apartment for dinner later in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who played Oswaldo in the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)