|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
2. The stage directions in the play's opening describe Pops's home as "a rent-controlled Palace ruled by" what (4)?
(a) "A retired police officer."
(b) "A lost old man."
(c) "A fallen dictator."
(d) "A grieving despot King."
3. When did Pops hire a private nurse?
(a) When Oswaldo was shot.
(b) When his wife fell ill with cancer.
(c) When he was shot.
(d) When Junior was shot.
4. What does Junior say he will drop off when he leaves Pops's apartment in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Pops's suitcase.
(b) A rent check.
(c) A pack of cigarettes.
(d) A stolen stereo.
5. Who directed the original production of Between Riverside and Crazy?
(a) Ron Cephas Jones.
(b) Victor Almanzar.
(c) Austin Pendleton.
(d) Stephen McKinley Henderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what kind of doctor does Pops say he is going to take Lulu when she confesses she is pregnant in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What was the name of Pops's wife?
3. Which statement describes Pops's feelings about Lulu's pregnancy in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What television show does the playwright cite in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is Oswaldo going to make amends with in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)