|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pops having a dispute with his landlord?
(a) The landlord is attempting to raise the rent for Pops.
(b) The landlord is selling the building.
(c) The landlord wants him to move out of the rent-controlled apartment.
(d) The landlord has engaged in money laundering.
2. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What medical condition does Pops claim to have in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What television show does the playwright cite in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Game of Thrones.
(b) Mork and Mindy.
5. When do the stage directions indicate that Pops's wife died?
(a) On New Year's Eve.
(b) On Mother's Day.
(c) Just before Christmas.
(d) Just before Easter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pops' real first name, according to the stage directions in the play's opening?
2. Whom does Lulu claim is "sober" in Act 1, Scene 2 (14)?
3. What is Pops' response when Lulu tells him in Act 1, Scene 2, "I really appreciate you taking me in, Dad" (15)?
4. Who gave Pops the dog?
5. What does Pops tell Lulu they will be having for dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)