|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is revealed to have spent time in prison in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Pops' response when Lulu tells him in Act 1, Scene 2, "I really appreciate you taking me in, Dad" (15)?
(a) "I love you, Lulu. You're welcome."
(b) "You family, Lulu. Ain't a thing."
(c) "You're my daughter."
(d) "You need to get out soon, honey."
3. How is Junior preparing to go out of town in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) By ferry.
(b) By airplane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By taxi.
4. What does O'Connor comment that Lulu calls Pops in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Old Man.
(d) Big Daddy.
5. What did Pops give to the man with the knife in his head on the way to the hospital, according to the story in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A shot of tequila.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A cigarette and a beer.
(d) A book of Bible verses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswaldo say he was threatened with in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What are Pops and Lulu doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Pops doing in the opening of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Oswaldo says in Act 1, Scene 5 that the person he visited called him a "weak addict just circlling" what (33)?
5. What resolution is reached for the conflict in the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)