|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Betsey have a crush on?
2. What is Jane's occupation?
3. How many policemen does Betsey see coming up to her house in Chapter 2?
4. Who does Charlie have a crush on?
5. What silent pact do Greer and Jane have with each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane see herself in Betsey?
2. What is strange about Carrie?
3. How does Betsey feel when she is on the boulevard?
4. How is it demonstrated that Betsey's childhood is falling away?
5. Why and how has Jane sheltered her children?
6. What is Jane's reaction to Bernice appearing?
7. What does Carrie convince Betsey to do?
8. What does Betsey think about love?
9. What does Jane fear will happen at the demonstration?
10. What kind of connection does Betsey have with Regina in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carrie create routine for the Brown family? In what ways is she good for the family? What about bad for them?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jane's absence compare to Betsey's running away? What reason do each of them have in doing so? Is one more justified than the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Each person in the Brown family has their own distinct role in the family unit. Analyze each character's or group of characters' role in the family. For example, how does Jane contribute to the success of the family? How does she cause conflict? Analyze the ways in which the other characters do this as well.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)