|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children wonder in Chapter 10?
(a) Why they are being forced to go to a demonstration.
(b) Where Vida is.
(c) What segregation is.
(d) Where Jane is.
2. According to the children, how might Carrie be described?
(a) She is a witch.
(b) She can do no wrong.
(c) She is mean to Betsey.
(d) She hardly helps around the house.
3. Which character does not trust Carrie?
4. What is the name of the poet Betsey wanted to write about at school?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(b) Sojourner Truth.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Paul Laurence Dunbar.
5. What is Jane's reaction to Greer's request for the family to attend the demonstration?
(a) She is scared but accepts it.
(b) She slaps Greer.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jane and Greer react to Betsey running away?
2. Which of the following did Carrie do?
3. At night, what does Miss Maureen's become?
4. Who tries to cover for Carrie not showing up for work?
5. Where is Betsey at the end of the book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)