|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter 13?
(a) For Greer to be shown as a strict disciplinarian.
(b) To get rid of Carrie.
(c) For Betsey to become a woman.
(d) For Jane to return.
2. After talking to Carrie in Chapter 12, what does Betsey decide to do?
(a) Outsmart her teacher.
(b) Find a different poet to write about.
(c) Stand up for herself.
(d) Ignore her teacher's orders.
3. How do Jane and Greer react to Betsey running away?
(a) They don't notice.
(b) They sit at home and wait.
(c) They call police.
(d) They make a search party.
4. When does Greer bring up the demonstration?
(a) The week after Betsey's return.
(b) The morning after Betsey's return.
(c) The day before Betsey runs away.
(d) The night that Betsey returns.
5. To Jane, what is a symbol of harm?
(a) Leaving her parents without a housekeeper.
(c) The black world.
(d) The white world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie make Jane feel?
2. To Carrie, what can ruin clear thinking?
3. Who warns Betsey about being outside at dusk?
4. What does Jane do when she sees Betsey in Chapter 9?
5. Who makes suspicious off-hand comments in Chapter 11?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)