|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of prejudice is introduced in Chapter 4?
2. What is the location that Betsey goes to in Chapter 7?
(a) A hairdresser.
(b) A soda shop.
(c) A dance club.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What solution is reasonable to Betsey when she gets frustrated with her family?
(a) To find a new housekeeper.
(b) To kill her family.
(c) To separate her parents.
(d) To run away.
4. Who is introduced as being a racist character?
(b) Charlotte's mother.
(c) Veejay's mother.
(d) Susan Linda's mother.
5. How does Betsey feel after she makes it home from her first day of integrated school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of poem are two girls in Betsey's class practicing?
2. Who is blamed for chicken grease all over the kitchen?
3. Who shoos Eugene away from the Brown household in Chapter 4?
4. In the first chapter, what do Betsey's two sisters fight about?
5. What does Betsey adorn herself with in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction to Carrie not showing up for work?
2. In what way is Chapter 13 a transition chapter?
3. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 12?
4. What is Betsey's life goal?
5. Why does Jane see herself in Betsey?
6. What interests Betsey the most about Regina?
7. Why and how has Jane sheltered her children?
8. How does Jane react to Greer's request to take the children to a demonstration?
9. What does Betsey think about love?
10. Why is Jane angry with Greer after the policemen show up with Charlie and Allard?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)