|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Betsey help from slipping in the kitchen?
2. What euphemism does Betsey use to describe sex in Chapter 2?
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Fourth base.
(d) Having fun.
3. How does Jane act toward the police?
4. How old is Betsey?
5. What is Bernice's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Greer often read?
2. What does Betsey dance to in Chapter 7?
3. What name does Betsey consider to be more adventurous than her own?
4. When Betsey falls asleep outside, who is playing basketball when she wakes up?
5. What does Veejay's mother do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it demonstrated that Betsey's childhood is falling away?
2. How does Veejay define prejudice?
3. Betsey crowns herself "Negro Queen" of the Veiled Prophet Parade. What does this represent?
4. How does Carrie incite change in the Brown family?
5. In what way is Chapter 13 a transition chapter?
6. How is it shown that Betsey's sexuality is blossoming?
7. How does Jane's talk differ from Carrie's talk?
8. How does Betsey feel when she is on the boulevard?
9. Why does Jane enjoy the neighborhood that she lives in?
10. Why and how has Jane sheltered her children?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)