|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Betsey help from slipping in the kitchen?
2. What solution is reasonable to Betsey when she gets frustrated with her family?
(a) To run away.
(b) To find a new housekeeper.
(c) To separate her parents.
(d) To kill her family.
3. To Vida, what does Regina represent?
4. When Betsey falls asleep outside, who is playing basketball when she wakes up?
(a) Charlie and Allard.
(b) Allard and Eugene.
(c) Greer and Eugene.
(d) Eugene and Charlie.
5. Who shoos Eugene away from the Brown household in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Greer believes his wife has?
2. Who are the police escorting in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Charlotte Anne?
4. Who is introduced as being a racist character?
5. Where is Betsey's hiding place located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Greer's lessons help Betsey when she is in school?
2. What does Mrs. Maureen say about segregation, and what do her beliefs represent?
3. Why does Betsey want to win the elocution contest?
4. What does Jane fear will happen at the demonstration?
5. Describe the circumstances surrounding Betsey's first kiss.
6. What is Betsey's life goal?
7. Why is Jane angry with Greer after the policemen show up with Charlie and Allard?
8. How does Betsey realize she was missed in Chapter 9?
9. How does Betsey feel about the racism of Susan Linda's mother?
10. What argument develops between Jane and Greer in Chapter 3?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)