|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps Betsey break into her new class successfully?
(a) Eugene's strength.
(b) Vida's homework help.
(c) Her mother's traditionalism.
(d) Her father's lessons.
2. Who is Charlotte Anne?
(a) Betsey's aunt.
(b) Allard's girlfriend.
(c) Betsey's friend.
(d) Betsey's teacher.
3. Who is Jane?
(a) Betsey's mother.
(b) Betsey's grandmother.
(c) Charlie's mother.
(d) Greer's ex-wife.
4. What does Betsey search the sky for in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of the girl who Vida calls "po white trash"?
(a) Jane Sommers.
(b) Margaret Shirley.
(c) Charlotte Anne.
(d) Susan Linda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires Regina?
2. How many policemen does Betsey see coming up to her house in Chapter 2?
3. Where is Betsey's hiding place located?
4. What does Betsey often think about?
5. Which character is the most positive about school integration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jane and her family members view her absence?
2. How does Veejay define prejudice?
3. How do Greer's lessons help Betsey when she is in school?
4. How does Betsey feel about white people in Chapter 7?
5. Describe the circumstances surrounding Betsey's first kiss.
6. What does Betsey think about love?
7. Describe Betsey's first day at the "white school."
8. What argument develops between Jane and Greer in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Greer stop doing quizzes and drumming?
10. Betsey crowns herself "Negro Queen" of the Veiled Prophet Parade. What does this represent?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)