|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompts Betsey to believe that there is never enough when it comes to love?
(a) Her parents.
2. What is Greer's occupation?
(a) Writer and activist.
3. Who does Jane feel grateful for after Bernice leaves the household?
4. What helps Betsey break into her new class successfully?
(a) Eugene's strength.
(b) Her mother's traditionalism.
(c) Vida's homework help.
(d) Her father's lessons.
5. After Eugene leaves in Chapter 4, how does Betsey feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment do the policemen give in Chapter 2?
2. What does Betsey often think about?
3. Which word describes the girl who wants Betsey to teach her to double-dutch?
4. Who is blamed for chicken grease all over the kitchen?
5. What euphemism does Betsey use to describe sex in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What euphemism is used Chapter 2 and why?
2. How does Jane's talk differ from Carrie's talk?
3. How does Carrie incite change in the Brown family?
4. What does Carrie teach the Brown children?
5. What foreshadowing is present in Chapter 12?
6. Why does Bernice reveal Betsey's hiding place?
7. What does Jane fear will happen at the demonstration?
8. What is Betsey's life goal?
9. In chapter 12, what revelation does Vida have about Carrie?
10. How do Jane and her family members view her absence?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)