|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment do the policemen give in Chapter 2?
(a) A warning.
(b) A court case.
(c) A night in jail.
(d) A citation.
2. Who does Jane feel grateful for after Bernice leaves the household?
3. What does Betsey adorn herself with in Chapter 7?
(a) A robe and glitter.
(b) Curtains and feathers.
(c) Blankets and makeup.
(d) Sheets and pipe cleaners.
4. In the first chapter, what do Betsey's two sisters fight about?
(b) A shirt.
(c) Bathroom privileges.
5. What game does Jane play to escape?
(c) Video poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts out a fire that Allard starts?
2. What does Betsey dance to in Chapter 7?
3. What is Betsey's hiding place?
4. What causes Vida to dislike Bernice immediately?
5. Who is introduced as being a racist character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carrie incite change in the Brown family?
2. How does Veejay define prejudice?
3. How do the children react to Jane's absence?
4. Why and how has Jane sheltered her children?
5. What euphemism is used Chapter 2 and why?
6. Why does Greer stop doing quizzes and drumming?
7. How does Betsey try to get back at Bernice?
8. Describe Carrie.
9. Describe Betsey's father, Greer.
10. What kind of connection does Betsey have with Regina in Chapter 8?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)