|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betsey search the sky for in Chapter 5?
2. To Vida, what does Regina represent?
3. Where does Jane spend time?
(a) Alley Cat Club.
(b) Tiger Cub Club.
(c) Tom Cat Club.
(d) Lioness Club.
4. What euphemism does Betsey use to describe sex in Chapter 2?
(b) Playing ball.
(c) Fourth base.
(d) Having fun.
5. After the policemen arrive at her home, who is Jane angry at?
(c) Mrs. Mitchell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where does Betsey sit when she thinks about school integration?
2. How does Betsey feel after she makes it home from her first day of integrated school?
3. Who is Charlie?
4. How old is Betsey?
5. What silent pact do Greer and Jane have with each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betsey feel when she is on the boulevard?
2. What is Jane's reaction to Carrie not showing up for work?
3. What does Carrie convince Betsey to do?
4. Why does Betsey want to win the elocution contest?
5. Why does Jane enjoy the neighborhood that she lives in?
6. How is it demonstrated that Betsey's childhood is falling away?
7. How do Jane and Vida feel about segregation?
8. Why does Jane feel subordinate in her own home whens he returns?
9. In chapter 12, what revelation does Vida have about Carrie?
10. Describe Betsey's father, Greer.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)