|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Veiled Prophet parade take place?
(a) St. Lousis.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Kansas City.
2. Who grieves the most that Carrie is not working for the Brown's anymore?
3. What color cab does Betsey ride in Chapter 8?
4. What does Betsey dream of being in Chapter 14?
(a) An Ikette.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A mother.
5. Where does Betsey tell the cab driver to take her?
(a) The avenue.
(b) The walkway.
(c) The boardwalk.
(d) The boulevard.
6. Where is Roscoe in Chapter 8?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
7. Which of the words describes the demonstration?
8. When Jane sees Betsey in Chapter 9, what does she see in her?
(a) Herself 15 years earlier.
(b) As a baby she needs to protect.
(c) Her mother as a child.
(d) Herself in the future.
9. What is Jane's reaction to Carrie calling her when she doesn't show up for work?
(a) She yells at Carrie and insults her.
(b) She gives Carrie a second chance.
(c) She has her arrested.
(d) She fires Carrie.
10. Which of the following did Carrie do?
(a) Cut somebody.
(b) Hit somebody with her car.
(c) Shot somebody.
(d) Slapped somebody.
11. After talking to Carrie in Chapter 12, what does Betsey decide to do?
(a) Ignore her teacher's orders.
(b) Stand up for herself.
(c) Find a different poet to write about.
(d) Outsmart her teacher.
12. What does Betsey think would make her feel better?
(a) Being like others.
(b) Moving to Chicago.
(c) Being around white people.
(d) Living with another family.
13. According to Betsey, who does nobody ever insult?
14. Who storms off in Chapter 10?
15. At night, what does Miss Maureen's become?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A hairdresser.
(d) A dance club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsey move because she misses her mom too much?
2. Who does Betsey decide she wants to marry?
3. How do Jane and Greer react to Betsey running away?
4. What does Jane tell Greer he must do or she will leave?
5. Which of the following angers Jane?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)