|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Regina compare Betsey to?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her child.
2. Who warns Betsey about being outside at dusk?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A young boy.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A police officer.
3. How does Greer comfort himself in Chapter 9?
(a) He looks at photo albums.
(b) He reads.
(c) He listens to music.
(d) He plays the drums.
4. According to Carrie, what does "a good Negro man" want?
(a) A fresh newspaper each day.
(b) A pressed dress shirt.
(c) A homecooked meal each morning.
(d) A pair of tan slacks.
5. Which of the following did Carrie do?
(a) Slapped somebody.
(b) Shot somebody.
(c) Hit somebody with her car.
(d) Cut somebody.
6. What does Greer spend his morning doing in Chapter 10?
(c) Watching televison.
7. Which word best describes Carrie's hair?
8. Where is Roscoe in Chapter 8?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
9. According to Betsey, who does nobody ever insult?
10. What is Jane scared will happen at the demonstration?
(a) The leaders will use her children as poster children for the movement.
(b) Her friends will see them there.
(c) White people will throw things at her children.
(d) White people will take her children away.
11. What does Betsey declare herself of the Veiled Prophet Parade?
(a) Negro Princess.
(b) Black King.
(c) Negro Queen.
(d) Black Queen.
12. What is the name of the hotel with the demonstration?
(a) Lakehurst Resort.
(b) Chantiss Hotel.
(c) Chase Hotel.
(d) Buckaneer Inn.
13. What is Jane's reaction to Carrie calling her when she doesn't show up for work?
(a) She yells at Carrie and insults her.
(b) She has her arrested.
(c) She gives Carrie a second chance.
(d) She fires Carrie.
14. How does Jane say that girls should sit?
(a) With their knees together.
(b) On their knees.
(c) With their legs crossed.
(d) With their knees apart.
15. Who does Betsey decide she wants to marry?
(a) "An infamous man."
(b) "A renonwed negro man."
(c) "A man with convictions."
(d) "A famous white man."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Eugene and Betsey kissing?
2. What is Jane's reaction to Greer's request for the family to attend the demonstration?
3. What does Carrie do that surprises Betsey?
4. Where is Carrie from?
5. What does Betsey think would make her feel better?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)