|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Roscoe in Chapter 8?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. Who sleeps in Vida's bed out of loneliness and fear?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 13?
(a) For Greer to be shown as a strict disciplinarian.
(b) To get rid of Carrie.
(c) For Betsey to become a woman.
(d) For Jane to return.
4. How do the children behave under Carrie's care?
5. What is there a piece of at the Brown's home that Carrie left?
(a) A belt.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A pair of pants.
6. Who comforts Vida in Chapter 9?
7. Which of the following best describes Carrie?
(a) She mirrors Jane exactly.
(b) She has 6 kids and 4 ex-husbands.
(c) She is extremely educated.
(d) She is very much like Greer.
8. How do Jane and Greer react to Betsey running away?
(a) They make a search party.
(b) They sit at home and wait.
(c) They don't notice.
(d) They call police.
9. What is the name of the hotel with the demonstration?
(a) Lakehurst Resort.
(b) Buckaneer Inn.
(c) Chantiss Hotel.
(d) Chase Hotel.
10. What is Jane's reaction to Greer's request for the family to attend the demonstration?
(a) She slaps Greer.
(b) She is scared but accepts it.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
11. What is the name of the poet Betsey wanted to write about at school?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
12. What does Jane do when she sees Betsey in Chapter 9?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She hugs her.
(c) She yells at her.
(d) She ignores her.
13. What is the name of the gardener in the Brown neighborhood?
(a) Mr. Dan.
(b) Mr. Jeff.
(c) Mr. Pitt.
(d) Mr. Smith.
14. What is Allard doing behind the garage in Chapter 11?
(a) Smoking a cigarette.
(c) Cleaning his clubhouse.
(d) Setting a fire.
15. What does Vida pray for?
(a) Betsey to run away again.
(b) Greer's death.
(c) Jane's return.
(d) Carrie's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Betsey at the end of the book?
2. What is the topic of the conversation Jane has with Betsey in Chapter 13?
3. According to Betsey, who does nobody ever insult?
4. According to Carrie, what does "a good Negro man" want?
5. When does Greer bring up the demonstration?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)