|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does not trust Carrie?
2. What does Greer spend his morning doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Watching televison.
3. What does Betsey think would make her feel better?
(a) Living with another family.
(b) Being around white people.
(c) Being like others.
(d) Moving to Chicago.
4. What is Jane scared will happen at the demonstration?
(a) White people will throw things at her children.
(b) White people will take her children away.
(c) The leaders will use her children as poster children for the movement.
(d) Her friends will see them there.
5. Who teaches the Brown children to iron and sew?
(c) Miss Maureen.
6. What is the name of the poet Betsey wanted to write about at school?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Paul Laurence Dunbar.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Sojourner Truth.
7. What does Carrie do that surprises Betsey?
(a) She draws a picture.
(b) She recites a line of poetry.
(c) She doesn't know who Shakespeare is.
(d) She doesn't know how to read.
8. Who tries to cover for Carrie not showing up for work?
9. How does Carrie make Jane feel?
10. When Jane sees Betsey in Chapter 9, what does she see in her?
(a) Herself in the future.
(b) Her mother as a child.
(c) Herself 15 years earlier.
(d) As a baby she needs to protect.
11. Which of the following angers Jane?
(a) Carrie broke expensive plates.
(b) Carrie cleaned the counters with the wrong sponge.
(c) Carrie took her children to a different church.
(d) Carrie did not help the kids with homework.
12. According to Carrie, what does "a good Negro man" want?
(a) A fresh newspaper each day.
(b) A pair of tan slacks.
(c) A pressed dress shirt.
(d) A homecooked meal each morning.
13. Which of the following best describes Carrie?
(a) She is extremely educated.
(b) She has 6 kids and 4 ex-husbands.
(c) She mirrors Jane exactly.
(d) She is very much like Greer.
14. Who warns Betsey about being outside at dusk?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A young boy.
15. What does Betsey move because she misses her mom too much?
(a) A dining chair.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A deck of cards.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsey ask Greer in Chapter 9?
2. What is clear about Jane when she has a conversation with Betsey in Chapter 13?
3. How do the children behave under Carrie's care?
4. What did Carrie teach Betsey?
5. Who takes the children to the demonstration?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)