|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jane's reaction to Greer's request for the family to attend the demonstration?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is scared but accepts it.
(c) She slaps Greer.
(d) She is angry.
2. Which of the following did Carrie do?
(a) Hit somebody with her car.
(b) Cut somebody.
(c) Slapped somebody.
(d) Shot somebody.
3. According to Carrie, what does "a good Negro man" want?
(a) A fresh newspaper each day.
(b) A homecooked meal each morning.
(c) A pair of tan slacks.
(d) A pressed dress shirt.
4. Which of the words describes the demonstration?
5. What is the topic of the conversation Jane has with Betsey in Chapter 13?
6. What does Jane tell Greer he must do or she will leave?
(a) Stop playing drums.
(d) Call the police.
7. Who grieves the most that Carrie is not working for the Brown's anymore?
8. Who tries to cover for Carrie not showing up for work?
9. What color cab does Betsey ride in Chapter 8?
10. Which of the following best describes Carrie?
(a) She has 6 kids and 4 ex-husbands.
(b) She mirrors Jane exactly.
(c) She is very much like Greer.
(d) She is extremely educated.
11. Which character does not trust Carrie?
12. Who teaches the Brown children to iron and sew?
(c) Miss Maureen.
13. What is there a piece of at the Brown's home that Carrie left?
(a) A belt.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A necklace.
14. According to Betsey, who does nobody ever insult?
15. What does Vida think Carrie is?
(a) An alien.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A witch.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Betsey's life goal?
2. How do Jane and Greer react to Betsey running away?
3. When Betsey sees Regina again, what does she notice about her?
4. Who sleeps in Vida's bed out of loneliness and fear?
5. At night, what does Miss Maureen's become?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)