|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carrie does not show up for work, where has she been?
(d) On vacation.
2. To Carrie, what can ruin clear thinking?
(a) Seeing a boy smile at you.
(b) Being in the presecence of a boy.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A menstruation cycle.
3. What is Carrie doing when Betsey comes home from school crying?
(a) Feeding the family pet.
(b) Polishing crystal.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Dusting a bookshelf.
4. How does Carrie make Jane feel?
5. Who teaches the Brown children to iron and sew?
(c) Miss Maureen.
6. Who sleeps in Vida's bed out of loneliness and fear?
7. What does Betsey dream of being in Chapter 14?
(a) An Ikette.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A mother.
(d) A librarian.
8. Which of the following did Carrie do?
(a) Shot somebody.
(b) Cut somebody.
(c) Hit somebody with her car.
(d) Slapped somebody.
9. What happens to the children as an effect of the chores Carrie has them doing?
(a) They feel better about themselves.
(b) They have less time for homework.
(c) They rebel against Jane.
(d) They rebel against her.
10. What is the purpose of Chapter 13?
(a) For Greer to be shown as a strict disciplinarian.
(b) To get rid of Carrie.
(c) For Jane to return.
(d) For Betsey to become a woman.
11. What is Jane's reaction to Carrie calling her when she doesn't show up for work?
(a) She fires Carrie.
(b) She gives Carrie a second chance.
(c) She has her arrested.
(d) She yells at Carrie and insults her.
12. What is Betsey's life goal?
(a) To get married.
(b) To be a hero.
(c) To be a queen.
(d) To be a writer.
13. After talking to Carrie in Chapter 12, what does Betsey decide to do?
(a) Ignore her teacher's orders.
(b) Find a different poet to write about.
(c) Stand up for herself.
(d) Outsmart her teacher.
14. What does Carrie tell Betsey she should do in Chapter 12?
(a) Use words to "call someone out".
(b) Hit somebody.
(c) Write the report despite her teacher's insistence not to.
(d) Dump Eugene.
15. Who storms off in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do that surprises Betsey?
2. What does Betsey think would make her feel better?
3. What does Jane tell Greer he must do or she will leave?
4. When Betsey sees Regina again, what does she notice about her?
5. How does Greer comfort himself in Chapter 9?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)