|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Greer's patient's granddaughter?
(a) Charlotte Anne.
2. What does Betsey often think about?
(a) Household chores.
(d) Whether or not her mother actually loves her.
3. Where is Betsey's hiding place located?
(a) Outside her bedroom window.
(b) On the neighbor's property.
(c) At school.
(d) At the beauty salon.
4. How is Betsey treated by the other students on her first day at the white school?
(a) They are too friendly.
(b) They ask her many questions.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They taunt her.
5. Who does Betsey help from slipping in the kitchen?
6. What is Bernice's last name?
7. In Chapter 5, where does Betsey sit when she thinks about school integration?
(a) Her retreat.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Veejay's house.
(d) Susan Linda's house.
8. What are the names of Betsey's siblings?
(a) Margot, Charlie, Eugene.
(b) Roscoe, Regina, Allard.
(c) Margot, Sharon, Allard.
(d) Allard, Sharon, Mavis.
9. What magazine does Greer often read?
(a) African Culture Weekly.
(b) MD Magazine.
(c) Lawyer Magaizine.
10. What silent pact do Greer and Jane have with each other?
(a) Not to discipline the children.
(b) Not to contradict one another.
(c) Not to talk to the kids about school.
(d) Not to talk to Vida about school integration.
11. What does Veejay's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a teacher.
(b) She's a housekeeper.
(c) She's a flight attendant.
(d) She's a waitress.
12. How does Jane act toward the police?
13. What is Betsey's hiding place?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A shed.
(c) A hidden swamp.
(d) The cellar.
14. Where did trespassing occur in Chapter 2?
(a) A church.
(b) A white neighborhood.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A white school.
15. What is the name of Betsey's new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is beat up after their first day at an integrated school?
2. What is the name of the girl who points out prejudice for the first time at Betsey's school?
3. Who does Betsey begin to go to school with?
4. Who is introduced as being a racist character?
5. Who does Betsey want to apologize to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)