|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Greer often read?
(b) Lawyer Magaizine.
(c) African Culture Weekly.
(d) MD Magazine.
2. Who is Charlotte Anne?
(a) Allard's girlfriend.
(b) Betsey's aunt.
(c) Betsey's teacher.
(d) Betsey's friend.
3. What does the reader learn about Veejay in Chapter 4?
(a) She would do anything for Betsey.
(b) She has bad grades.
(c) She is related to Bernice.
(d) She is poor.
4. What is the name of Betsey's teacher at her segregated school?
(a) Mrs. Maureen.
(b) Mrs. Cora.
(c) Mrs. Regina.
(d) Mrs. Mitchell.
5. In Chapter 5, where does Betsey sit when she thinks about school integration?
(a) Susan Linda's house.
(b) Veejay's house.
(c) Her retreat.
(d) Her bedroom.
6. Which word describes the girl who wants Betsey to teach her to double-dutch?
7. In Chapter 4, which of the following occurs?
(a) The family hires a new housekeeper.
(b) Betsey is asked out on a date.
(c) Betsey gets a job.
(d) Betsey has her first kiss.
8. What are the names of Betsey's siblings?
(a) Margot, Charlie, Eugene.
(b) Roscoe, Regina, Allard.
(c) Allard, Sharon, Mavis.
(d) Margot, Sharon, Allard.
9. What is the class learning about in geography on Betsey's first day at the new school?
(c) United States.
10. Where does Jane spend time?
(a) Alley Cat Club.
(b) Lioness Club.
(c) Tom Cat Club.
(d) Tiger Cub Club.
11. What kind of neighborhood does Betsey live in?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Middle class.
(c) Farm community.
(d) Lower class.
12. What helps Betsey break into her new class successfully?
(a) Vida's homework help.
(b) Her father's lessons.
(c) Eugene's strength.
(d) Her mother's traditionalism.
13. Who is beat up after their first day at an integrated school?
14. Who is Jane?
(a) Betsey's grandmother.
(b) Betsey's mother.
(c) Greer's ex-wife.
(d) Charlie's mother.
15. What does Betsey dance to in Chapter 7?
(a) Her mother singing.
(b) Music on the radio.
(c) Music on television.
(d) Her father's drum beating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl who Vida calls "po white trash"?
2. Who does Vida shout at in Chapter 6?
3. What does Veejay's mother do for a living?
4. What causes Vida to dislike Bernice immediately?
5. What is Bernice's last name?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)