|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betsey dance to in Chapter 7?
(a) Her mother singing.
(b) Music on the radio.
(c) Her father's drum beating.
(d) Music on television.
2. What is Jane looking for in Chapter 4?
(a) A replacement for her job at work.
(b) A reliable housekeeper.
(c) A way to get Eugene away from Betsey.
(d) A new school for the children to attend.
3. Where did trespassing occur in Chapter 2?
(a) A white neighborhood.
(b) A white school.
(c) A church.
(d) A restaurant.
4. Who fires Regina?
5. Which character is the most afraid of school integration?
6. Which character is the most positive about school integration?
7. Where is Miss. Maureen from?
8. Who is the first person to address Betsey on her first day at her new school?
(a) A girl who wants to learn to jump rope.
(b) A boy who teases her on the bus.
(c) The teacher.
(d) A girl playing hopscotch.
9. What is the name of Greer's patient's granddaughter?
(b) Charlotte Anne.
10. What do Regina and Roscoe do that makes Betsey believe they are very much in love?
(b) Talk to each other.
(c) Hold hands.
11. Who volunteers to get rid of the hopscotch board outside?
12. Who does Jane feel grateful for after Bernice leaves the household?
13. What helps Betsey break into her new class successfully?
(a) Her mother's traditionalism.
(b) Vida's homework help.
(c) Her father's lessons.
(d) Eugene's strength.
14. How is Betsey treated by the other students on her first day at the white school?
(a) They are too friendly.
(b) They taunt her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They ask her many questions.
15. What is the name of Regina's boyfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsey often think about?
2. When Betsey falls asleep outside, who is playing basketball when she wakes up?
3. What is the name of the girl who points out prejudice for the first time at Betsey's school?
4. Who does Charlie have a crush on?
5. What type of prejudice is introduced in Chapter 4?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)