|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Betsey's hiding place located?
(a) At school.
(b) At the beauty salon.
(c) Outside her bedroom window.
(d) On the neighbor's property.
2. After Eugene leaves in Chapter 4, how does Betsey feel?
3. What does Veejay's mother do for a living?
(a) She's a flight attendant.
(b) She's a housekeeper.
(c) She's a waitress.
(d) She's a teacher.
4. What euphemism does Betsey use to describe sex in Chapter 2?
(a) Playing ball.
(b) Having fun.
(c) Fourth base.
5. What game does Jane play to escape?
(a) Video poker.
6. Who does Eugene want to visit the most at the Brown household?
7. Who does Betsey begin to go to school with?
(a) Older teenagers.
(b) Juvenile delinquents.
(c) White children.
(d) Only black children.
8. Which character is the most positive about school integration?
9. What solution is reasonable to Betsey when she gets frustrated with her family?
(a) To find a new housekeeper.
(b) To run away.
(c) To kill her family.
(d) To separate her parents.
10. What does Bernice reveal to Jane?
(a) Greer's obsession with activism.
(b) Allard's obsession with fire.
(c) Vida's heart condition.
(d) Betsey's hiding spot.
11. Who is Greer?
(a) Vida's husband.
(b) Betsey's cousin.
(c) Betsey's father.
(d) Betsey's step-father.
12. What is Jane's occupation?
(a) Social worker.
13. What is Bernice's last name?
14. Who does Betsey help from slipping in the kitchen?
15. Who is Charlie?
(a) Betsey's cousin.
(b) Greer's child from a previous marriage.
(c) Betsey's brother.
(d) Vida's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betsey adorn herself with in Chapter 7?
2. What do Regina and Roscoe do that makes Betsey believe they are very much in love?
3. What is Jane looking for in Chapter 4?
4. What kind of trouble does Allard get into in Chapter 1?
5. What is the prize for the elocution contest?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)