|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the policemen arrive at her home, who is Jane angry at?
(a) Mrs. Mitchell.
2. What is Betsey's goal in chapter 1?
(a) To win a contest.
(b) To get an A in class.
(c) To find out who she really is.
(d) To become an activist.
3. Who is Greer?
(a) Betsey's father.
(b) Betsey's cousin.
(c) Vida's husband.
(d) Betsey's step-father.
4. Who is the first person to address Betsey on her first day at her new school?
(a) The teacher.
(b) A girl playing hopscotch.
(c) A girl who wants to learn to jump rope.
(d) A boy who teases her on the bus.
5. Who does Betsey begin to go to school with?
(a) Juvenile delinquents.
(b) Only black children.
(c) Older teenagers.
(d) White children.
6. What game does Jane play to escape?
(d) Video poker.
7. How many buses does Betsey have to take to get to her school?
8. What is the name of Betsey's teacher at her segregated school?
(a) Mrs. Cora.
(b) Mrs. Maureen.
(c) Mrs. Mitchell.
(d) Mrs. Regina.
9. What is Betsey's hiding place?
(a) The cellar.
(b) A hidden swamp.
(c) A shed.
(d) An oak tree.
10. Who is Charlotte Anne?
(a) Allard's girlfriend.
(b) Betsey's friend.
(c) Betsey's aunt.
(d) Betsey's teacher.
11. What game do Margot and Sharon play?
12. Why does Betsey create the hopscotch board?
(a) Her mother told her to.
(c) She was dared to do it.
(d) To play with.
13. Who does Eugene want to visit the most at the Brown household?
14. What is the name of Regina's boyfriend?
15. Which character is the most afraid of school integration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Allard threaten to do to people who bother him at school?
2. What helps Betsey break into her new class successfully?
3. Who is Jane?
4. What do Regina and Roscoe do that makes Betsey believe they are very much in love?
5. What are the names of Betsey's siblings?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)