|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eugene leaves in Chapter 4, how does Betsey feel?
2. Which character is the most positive about school integration?
3. What does Betsey search the sky for in Chapter 5?
4. Who is beat up after their first day at an integrated school?
5. What kind of neighborhood does Betsey live in?
(a) Middle class.
(b) Lower class.
(c) Farm community.
(d) Upper class.
6. What do Regina and Roscoe do that makes Betsey believe they are very much in love?
(b) Talk to each other.
(c) Hold hands.
7. What is the name of Betsey's new school?
8. What is Jane's occupation?
(c) Social worker.
9. What does Betsey put in her bag in Chapter 7?
(a) A notebook.
10. What is Betsey's hiding place?
(a) The cellar.
(b) A shed.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A hidden swamp.
11. What euphemism does Betsey use to describe sex in Chapter 2?
(a) Fourth base.
(b) Having fun.
(c) Playing ball.
12. How old is Betsey?
13. What is it that Greer believes his wife has?
(b) Work ethic.
(d) Common sense.
14. Who does Betsey have a crush on?
15. What is the prize for the elocution contest?
(a) Free lunch.
(c) A field trip.
(d) An A on a paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Betsey help from slipping in the kitchen?
2. What does Allard threaten to do to people who bother him at school?
3. How is Betsey treated by the other students on her first day at the white school?
4. In the first chapter, what do Betsey's two sisters fight about?
5. In Chapter 4, which of the following occurs?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)