1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What kind of neighborhood does Betsey live in?
(a) Lower class.
(b) Upper class.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Farm community.
3. How old is Betsey?
4. What is Betsey's position in her family?
(a) Only child.
(b) Oldest child.
(c) Middle child.
(d) Youngest child.
5. What are the names of Betsey's siblings?
(a) Roscoe, Regina, Allard.
(b) Margot, Sharon, Allard.
(c) Margot, Charlie, Eugene.
(d) Allard, Sharon, Mavis.
6. In the first chapter, what do Betsey's two sisters fight about?
(a) A shirt.
(b) Bathroom privileges.
7. What kind of trouble does Allard get into in Chapter 1?
(a) He hits his sister.
(b) He brings a knife to school.
(c) He sets a fire.
(d) He steals something.
8. Who is Charlie?
(a) Betsey's brother.
(b) Vida's son.
(c) Betsey's cousin.
(d) Greer's child from a previous marriage.
9. What was the result of Charlie getting kicked out of school?
(a) Coming to live with the Brown family.
(b) Living on the streets.
(c) Renting a room from the Brown family.
(d) Going to jail.
This section contains 3,330 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)