|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds information on Yost's purchases in England that occur before the death of the Cornwall smugglers?
2. Why does Roarke feel the second victim is murdered?
3. Who informs Eve of the murderer of Suite 4602?
4. Who confronts Jacoby about the search warrant for Yost's home?
5. Who is supposed to be the target for the fourth murder performed by Yost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Eve, Feeney, and McNab discuss about the murder case in Chapter 9?
2. What does Eve ask Summerset about in Chapter 6, and what is Summerset's response?
3. What does Eve investigate and learn about Yost in Chapter 13?
4. What information does Roarke give to Eve after viewing the tapes of the murders?
5. Why is Roarke hired to help in the murder case?
6. Discuss the information found involving silver wire.
7. Discuss the second homicide that occurs.
8. Discuss the conversation Eve has with the homicide detectives in Cornwall.
9. Who is Magda Lane, and why is she at the party that occurs in Chapter 1?
10. Who is Mick Connelly, and how does he know Roarke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist and their effects on the story and its outcome.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the relationship between Eve and Mick and the problems it produces in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of the story, and determine the positive and negative effect it has on the novel.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)