|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eve say she will have no problem working with on the homicide case?
2. Who does Peabody tell Eve to consider in the murder of Darlene?
3. How much does Yost earn for each person he kills?
4. Where does Eve keep her badge and weapon while dressed in an evening gown?
5. Who is Roarke's childhood friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder that occurs in the prologue.
2. While Yost is watching a tape of a ball game, what do readers learn about his reasons for murdering Darlene?
3. Describe the event that Eve Dallas attends in Chapter 1.
4. What do Eve and Peabody learn while visiting the murder scene?
5. What does Eve believe is the reason for the murder of Darlene?
6. What job is everyone on Eve's team given in order to learn more about the murderer?
7. What does Roarke learn about Yost in Chapter 12?
8. Discuss the role of wigs in the murder case.
9. Discuss the information found involving silver wire.
10. What does Eve investigate and learn about Yost in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the protagonist and antagonist and their effects on the story and its outcome.
Essay Topic 2
Determine the genre of "Betrayal in Death," and discuss why the story falls into this genre. Cite examples as to why this is so.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the writing style of the story. Include the use of a prologue as well as the time frame of the story.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)