|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new proprietor of Norday's only inn and pub?
2. What is the primary image of "The Song of the Broch?"
(a) Storm clouds brewing.
(b) Stone mother.
(c) Eagles alighting.
(d) Danger from afar.
3. Who sees the ship of the Sea King in the distance?
(a) Village watchman.
(b) The Broch.
(c) King of Norday.
(d) Thorfinn Ragnarson.
4. Where does Sir James MacTavish purchase the horse Seamus?
5. What is the place named Ingle?
(a) Harbor bar.
(b) County seat.
(c) Ragnarson's farm.
(d) Village store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hector Drummond known for?
2. What is at the center of a broch?
3. What language does Rolf Rolfson speak?
4. What does Jess the tinker wife sell on her journey from place to place?
5. What does Matthew Ragnarson buy from the village store at the beginning of chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the school teacher, Mr. Simon, have trouble paying for his groceries at the village shop in Norday?
2. Why did the broch on Norday island become a ruin?
3. Why is the Battle of Bannockburn so important?
4. What is the general opinion of Thorfinn in the village of Norday?
5. What does the poorest man in Norday believe politically?
6. Why does Thorfinn not know what the circular ruin is that stands on the shore a mere half mile from his home?
7. Why are the children bored on the field trip to the broch?
8. In the Song of the Broch, how does Thorfinn describe the sheltering castle?
9. In chapter four where does the school teacher, Mr. Simon, take the class?
10. When and where does Old Jacob Olafson die?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)