|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, where are the knight and his squire headed?
(a) Stirling Castle.
(b) English countryside.
(d) German ports.
2. Who does Jacob Olafson bring back with him to Norday Island?
(a) Rena, an Indian from Canada.
(b) Will, his father.
(c) John, his son.
(d) Mara, a seal wife.
3. Who is Isa Estquoy?
(a) Reverend Drummond's daughter.
(b) Norday's matchmaker.
(c) Norday's shopkeeper.
(d) Thorfinn's mother.
4. Where is King Robert's palace named Holyrood?
5. Where does the Volga river take the Viking crew?
6. What nationality was King Robert the Bruce?
7. What do the Norweigan sailors look like?
(a) Black skin and golden eyes.
(b) Small, crooked backed men.
(c) Heavy red-faced, dark haired men.
(d) Blue eyes and golden hair.
8. What does Jacob prefer over farming?
(b) Working at the smithy.
(c) Writing books.
9. Why do villagers laugh at Albert Laird's announcement that his cradle is for Millie Smith?
(a) Millie is 75 and a widow for 55 years.
(b) Millie has 22 children already.
(c) Millie is a horse.
(d) He only makes coffins.
10. When does Jacob Olafson die?
(a) November 3rd.
(b) August 9th.
(c) April 1st.
(d) December 25th.
11. What is the Solan Goose?
(a) Swedish ship.
(b) Russian duck.
(c) Roasted young goose.
(d) Bicycle for two.
12. What do the Norday villagers use to attack from the broch?
(a) Hot water and long whips.
(b) Silence and hunger.
(c) Stones and arrows.
(d) Muskets and rifles.
13. What secret thing does Thorfinn bring to Jacob Olafson?
(a) Lottery money.
(b) Letters from his sweetheart.
(c) A rusty gun and bullets.
(d) A bottle of Old Barbados Rum.
14. What is the village opinion of Miss Cameron?
(a) Quiet as a mouse.
(b) Bold as brass.
(c) Sweet as candy.
(d) Soft as a feather pillow.
15. What does the prior of the monastery feed Sir MacTavish and his squire?
(a) Whiskey and ale.
(b) Cold soup and crackers.
(c) Communion wafers.
(d) Grilled trout and new-fired bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great Scottish battle takes place in 1314?
2. What happens when Fergus tries to break into the broch?
3. Why does Will Olafson need help on the croft?
4. What does Albert Laird make for Olafson?
5. What will the Bishop drink after his choppy steamer crosses from Aberdeen?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)