|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tina Lyde is chased off by Thorfinn's sister in chapter 6 what does Tina do?
(a) Stands at a distance, at twilight and looks towards Ingle.
(b) Becomes a nun.
(c) Marries a wealthy Irishman.
(d) Dresses as a man and hires on a fishing yacht.
2. What is Matilda Kerrigan known as in Norday Island?
(a) Tall as a tree.
(b) Bold as brass.
(c) Long-suffering wife.
(d) Hasty woman.
3. What three chocolate bars are mentioned in chapter 6's description of the festival celebration?
(a) Cadbury, Fry and Rowntree.
(b) Hershey, Ghiradelhi and Snickers.
(c) LIndt, Swiss and Bardor.
(d) Milk, Dark and Semi-Sweet.
4. What brought Doctor Lamond down to the work site?
(a) Consumption had began to be spread.
(b) A fire burned several men to death.
(c) The construction chief was ill with diptheria.
(d) Murphy and Watson had a fight.
5. What will the Bishop drink after his choppy steamer crosses from Aberdeen?
(a) Hot milk.
(b) Vagabond's mix.
(c) Ice tea.
(d) Old Orkney whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose relics are rumored to be taken to the war at Stirling Castle?
2. Who does Jacob Olafson leave his boat Scallop to?
3. What is a kirk?
4. What job does Jock Seatter do in Norday?
5. On what day of the week does Olafson die?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)