|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sea does the Volga empty into?
(a) Sea of time.
(b) Black sea.
(c) Japanese sea.
(d) Atlantic ocean.
2. What two Norday inhabitants seem untouched by the chaos and destruction of the aerodrome workers?
(a) Billie Holm and James MacTavish.
(b) Winnie Swona and her grandmother up at Swinhurst.
(c) Thorfinn and Matthew Ragnarson.
(d) Jacob and Janet Olafson.
3. Who takes Thorfinn back from the Eastern Empire to Norday Island?
(a) Viking pirates.
(b) Earl Rognvald.
(c) Rolf Rolfson.
(d) Emperor Manuel.
4. What song is Olafson singing right before he dies?
(a) "Andrew Ross the Orkney sailor"
(b) "Another day has come and gone"
(c) "Heave away, heave"
(d) "My Bonnie lies over the ocean"
5. Who arrives on the Raven one summer day in 1937?`
(a) Three important looking men who were surveyors.
(c) King George IV.
(d) Thorfinn's mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this "crudded milk, fantastical puff-paste" that George Mackay Brown speaks of in chapter 6?
2. What will the Bishop drink after his choppy steamer crosses from Aberdeen?
3. Who is the most lazy and useless boy who ever went to Norday school?
4. When does the Bishop Usher set the date of Creation?
5. What is the village opinion of Miss Cameron?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)