|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the laird describe Norday Island to his factor in chapter 5?
(a) "A breath of air past fog."
(b) "This precious stone set in a silver sea."
(c) "The lark at dawn arising."
(d) "Sweet sessions of Syrian thought."
2. What is Jacob Olafson's daughter's name?
3. How does Thorfinn deal with the tension in his family in chapter 6?
(a) Types a story out on his typewriter.
(b) Tries to bring everyone together to talk.
(c) Goes out into the fields and rides Selkie.
(d) Runs away and joins the army.
4. Who from Norday volunteers to fight for King George II against the French?
(a) Tobin Raffel.
(b) Elijah Ayre.
(c) John Elphinston.
(d) Thorfinn Ragnarson.
5. What are iron rations?
(a) Oatcakes and water.
(b) Flattened slices of beef.
(c) Thick red tomato soup.
(d) Heavy chunks of meat with salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is King Robert's palace named Holyrood?
2. Upon what craft does Thorfinn return to Norday Island from Byzantine?
3. What does the knight carry with him to his destination in Chapter 2?
4. What does Matilda Kerrigan do to the three surveyors?
5. How does the lord of Norday greet the ragged Norweigan sailors?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)