|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the original Hall burn down?
2. Where has the Reverend Hector Drummond arrived at Norday from?
(a) The far reaches of Northern Canada.
(b) A big church in Glasgow.
(c) A monastery in Italy.
(d) Irish kirk college.
3. What are the villagers celebrating in the summer of 1937?
(a) End of World War II.
(b) Norday's independence from Orkney.
(c) Emancipation of Scotland from Ireland.
(d) Coronation of King George and Queen Elizabeth.
4. What is a kirk?
(b) Golf course.
(c) Small hill of grass.
5. What do most islanders feel about Olafson's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives on the Raven one summer day in 1937?`
2. What does Jacob find when he finally returns to Norday and walks to his childhood home?
3. What is Elphinstone's role on Norday?
4. After his adventure with what does Thorfinn step on the shores of Norday Island?
5. What do the men of Norday clean their pipes with?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)