|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is Olafson singing right before he dies?
(a) "My Bonnie lies over the ocean"
(b) "Heave away, heave"
(c) "Andrew Ross the Orkney sailor"
(d) "Another day has come and gone"
2. How is Thorfinn's pet monkey dressed?
(a) Uniform of Varingers.
(b) Uniform of Norsemen.
(c) Roman costume.
(d) Greek costume.
3. What keeps Thorfinn awake during church services?
(a) Playing the piano.
(b) Counting sheep.
(c) Eating sweets.
(d) Singing hymns.
4. What is the Solan Goose?
(a) Russian duck.
(b) Bicycle for two.
(c) Roasted young goose.
(d) Swedish ship.
5. Who does Madeline Olafson marry?
(a) Peedie Sabiston.
(b) Mr. Snoodie.
(c) Robert Brown.
(d) Jock Seatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Thorfinn to make the journey back to Norday Island from the Eastern Empire?
2. What do the visitors bring to the Prince Boris in Thorfinn's first dream?
3. Who takes Thorfinn back from the Eastern Empire to Norday Island?
4. What is the name of Willum Holm's horse?
5. What happens if the Scottish soldiers at Stirling Castle can capture an English lord?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)