|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two big houses on Norday Island?
(a) Town hall and village inn.
(b) King George's summer home and Isa's farmhouse.
(c) Minister's manse and laird's hall.
(d) Broch and Smylder.
2. What does the Norday pastor pick up "beside the ocean of time" in chapter 5?
(b) Broch stones.
3. In the 1930s what does the broch on Norday Island look like?
(a) No longer exists.
(b) 40 foot stone castle structure in village center.
(c) Three entwined circular structures made of small stones.
(d) Circular ruin on the shore's edge.
4. Who sails to Byzantine with Earl Rognvald of Orkney?
(a) Nordic horsemen of old.
(b) Bishop William of Orkney.
(c) Matthew Ragnarson.
(d) Tina Lynde.
5. What does Matthew Ragnarson buy from the village store at the beginning of chapter 1?
(a) Horse feed, leather soap and a cigar.
(b) Flour, eggs and ham.
(c) An ounce of bogey roll, box of matches and four bars of chocolate.
(d) Stamps, glue and a letter opener.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob prefer over farming?
2. What happens when Fergus tries to break into the broch?
3. Who are the Varingers?
4. What is the first meal the Eastern Emperor serves them?
5. What is the name of Jacob Olafson's boat?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)