|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a croft?
(a) Fishing boat.
(b) Carving skills.
(c) Group of bairns.
2. What do the knight and his squire eat on the way to their destination in Chapter 2?
(a) Oatmeal, salt herring and whatever they can find on the road.
(b) Fresh boar, pork sausage and soft white biscuits.
(c) Dried bear meat, cherries and hot scones.
(d) Scottish shortbread, tea and crumpets.
3. What is the name of the shepherd who lives up in the high mountain pass in chapter 2?
(a) Sorley the shepherd of Drumnadrochit.
(b) Seamus the master of the Borey.
(c) Manny the shepherd of Orkney.
(d) Saint Andrew of Scottland.
4. Why do villagers laugh at Albert Laird's announcement that his cradle is for Millie Smith?
(a) Millie has 22 children already.
(b) Millie is a horse.
(c) He only makes coffins.
(d) Millie is 75 and a widow for 55 years.
5. After Tina Lyde is chased off by Thorfinn's sister in chapter 6 what does Tina do?
(a) Stands at a distance, at twilight and looks towards Ingle.
(b) Dresses as a man and hires on a fishing yacht.
(c) Becomes a nun.
(d) Marries a wealthy Irishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thorfinn miss the great battle at Stirling Castle?
2. What do the villagers eat while taking shelter in the broch?
3. What does "The Song of the Broch" promise?
4. What do the Sea King sailors carry as weapons from ship to shore?
5. Whose relics are rumored to be taken to the war at Stirling Castle?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)