|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob Olafson leave his boat Scallop to?
(a) Howie Ayre.
(b) Geordie Wylie.
(c) Janet Olafson.
(d) Thorfinn Ragnarson.
2. What are the villagers celebrating in the summer of 1937?
(a) Coronation of King George and Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Emancipation of Scotland from Ireland.
(c) Norday's independence from Orkney.
(d) End of World War II.
3. What is this "crudded milk, fantastical puff-paste" that George Mackay Brown speaks of in chapter 6?
(a) Insubstantial pastry.
(b) No purpose in life.
(c) Angels who fall from heights.
(d) Our body.
4. What instrument does the boy poet of the broch play?
5. What is Matilda Kerrigan known as in Norday Island?
(a) Tall as a tree.
(b) Bold as brass.
(c) Long-suffering wife.
(d) Hasty woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a croft?
2. What three chocolate bars are mentioned in chapter 6's description of the festival celebration?
3. Where do the men of Norday gather to discuss politics?
4. When Sir James MacTavish arrives at the monastery what are the monks doing?
5. What job does Jock Seatter do in Norday?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)