|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the actual owner of Greis' apartment?
2. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
(a) A pair of emerald earrings.
(b) A ring.
(c) A golden chain.
(d) A diamond necklace.
3. Who is the Berlin Chief of Criminal Police that Gunther meets?
(a) Bruno Stahlecker.
(b) Urania Reinhard.
(c) Frau Lange.
(d) Arthur Nebe.
4. Who dies in self-defense at Haupthandler's apartment?
5. Who is Gunther's best informant in Book 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Gestapo need Gunther's expertise in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
2. When Gunther returns to his office, who is the publisher that calls him?
3. What does Stahlecker tell Gunther about Paul Pfarr?
4. Whose assignment is to go undercover to find the location of the documents that everyone wants?
5. What are the directions on the paper that the prisoner grips in March Violets, Chapters 14-19 for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gunther realize in shock about Grete from seeing the photograph Six gives him?
2. What does Gunther learn about Inge from Nebe?
3. Who is Arthur Nebe and what does he believe?
4. When Gunther meets with Marlene, what does he learn about Six, Pfarr, and Grete?
5. What does Six reveal to Gunther about Grete's background and how it affected her marriage while they travel on the boat to the German Strength headquarters?
6. Describe Julius Streicher.
7. Why is Mutschmann in prison?
8. What does Goering offer Gunther and vice-versa?
9. Describe Goering's role.
10. What did the German Strength group need from Bock and Mutschmann and what happened to them?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)