|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kurt Mutschmann?
(a) The premier safecracker recently released from prison.
(b) The Austrian spy hired by Six.
(c) The head of the German Strength group.
(d) The Gestapo chief.
2. What happened to women when the Third Reich established itself?
(a) They became sex symbols.
(b) They had to stay at home to raise children.
(c) They became slaves.
(d) They were imprisoned in camps.
3. Who does Gunther learns is behind the ambush?
4. What is the name of Pfarr's mistress?
5. What was found behind a false panel in Inge's bathroom?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(c) Drug paraphernalia.
(d) British spy papers.
6. Who is the member of the German Strength that visited Mutschmann in prison?
(a) Hans Bock.
(b) Eva Haupthandler.
(c) Kasper Tillessen.
(d) Hermann Six.
7. When Gunther goes to the burned house, who or what arrives?
(a) Six's daughter.
(b) A letter for Paul.
(c) A package for him.
(d) Grete's maid.
8. What did the lawyer support that dismayed his father-in-law?
(c) Drug warlords.
(d) Concentration camps.
9. What did the rings mentioned in Book 1 consist of?
10. How many bodies of dead teenage girls have been found when Gunther joins the case?
11. What is Nazi Germany's capital city of Berlin preparing for in Book 1?
(a) Cold War.
12. Who is missing that Gunther becomes frantic about?
13. Who takes Gunther to Goering's home?
(a) Hermann Six.
(b) Officer Reinacker.
(c) Inge Lorenz.
(d) Eva Haupthandler.
14. What does Gunther offer the reporter friend as a job?
(a) Researcher position.
(d) Personal secretary.
15. When Gunther visits a Jewish pawn shop, what does he find that could be useful?
(a) A love letter of Grete's.
(b) A key to the lawyer's safe.
(c) A corporal suit.
(d) An SS badge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mutschmann incarcerated?
2. Who shows a deep interest in the possibility of sharing a reward with Gunther for the return of jewelry?
3. When Gunther returns to his office and finds two criminal investigators there, what does he notice about his office?
4. Who is the Berlin Chief of Criminal Police that Gunther meets?
5. What does Gunther show at Haupthandler's beachfront apartment to gain access?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)