|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nazi Germany's capital city of Berlin preparing for in Book 1?
(b) Cold War.
2. Who goes to the nightclub to meet with Dieter?
(a) Gunther and Inge.
(b) Von Gries and Haupthandler.
(c) Mutschmann and Bock.
(d) Grete and Paul.
3. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A golden chain.
(c) A pair of emerald earrings.
(d) A ring.
4. Where does the trail of letters lead Gunther to?
(a) Lange's apartment.
(b) Bruno's apartment.
(c) Reinhard's apartment.
(d) Klaus' apartment.
5. What does Gunther offer the reporter friend as a job?
(a) Researcher position.
(d) Personal secretary.
6. How many letters had the publisher acquired before talking to Gunther?
7. Who takes Gunther to Goering's home?
(a) Officer Reinacker.
(b) Hermann Six.
(c) Eva Haupthandler.
(d) Inge Lorenz.
8. Who does Gunther realize has motives to steal the necklace?
(a) Six and Von Greis.
(b) Pfarr and Goering.
(c) Dieter and Haupthandler.
(d) Mutschmann and Bock.
9. Who is the lawyer working for the Department of the Interior who was murdered, which Gunther is asked to investigate?
(a) Frau Schmidt.
(b) Doktor Hermann Six.
(c) Paul Pfarr.
(d) Dagmarr Lehman.
10. What does Gunther show at Haupthandler's beachfront apartment to gain access?
(a) The manuscripts of Mutschmann.
(b) The SS badge.
(c) The key to Jeschonnek's office.
(d) The diamond necklace.
11. Where was Mutschmann incarcerated?
(c) Tegal Prison.
(d) Tower of London.
12. When Gunther returns to his office and finds two criminal investigators there, what does he notice about his office?
(a) It has been torn apart.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is flooded.
(d) It is burning.
13. Who is on Gunther's team in addition to the forensic experts?
(a) Marlene, Dieter, and Himmler.
(b) Becker, Kindermann, and Urania.
(c) Streicher, Lange, and Hans.
(d) Korsch, Deubel, and Becker.
14. Who is the member of the German Strength that visited Mutschmann in prison?
(a) Eva Haupthandler.
(b) Kasper Tillessen.
(c) Hermann Six.
(d) Hans Bock.
15. What does the publisher tell Gunther about Reinhard?
(a) He is planning a suicide bomb.
(b) He is homosexual and being blackmailed.
(c) He is in jail and is innocent.
(d) He is killing innocent Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies of dead teenage girls have been found when Gunther joins the case?
2. Who is Gunther's best informant in Book 1?
3. Who did Haupthandler's conspirators have in their custody and plan to torture?
4. Who is the party official in Nuremberg that publishes an anti-Semitic magazine showing pictures similar to the murder?
5. Who is the forensic psychiatrist that Gunther brings to assist him on the case of the serial murder of teenage girls in Berlin?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)