|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gunther returns to his office, who is the publisher that calls him?
(a) Bruno Stahlecker.
(b) Arthur Nebe.
(c) Urania Reinhard.
(d) Frau Lange.
2. Why does the Gestapo need Gunther's expertise in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
(a) To stop Himmler from blowing up the Oppenheimer bridge.
(b) To solve the case of serial murders of teenage girls.
(c) To appease the wrath of Adolph Hitler.
(d) To find Reinhard and his machine guns.
3. Why does the Gestapo not want to charge Six?
(a) So that they will not displease Hitler.
(b) So that they can have his money.
(c) So they can have access to incriminating evidence.
(d) So that they can use him as a pawn in an arms race.
4. What did Six reveal to Pfarr that made him furious?
(a) That he was responsible for the jewel heist.
(b) That he was leading a resistance against Hitler.
(c) That he did not love his daughter.
(d) That Grete was part-gypsy.
5. When Gunther visits the morgue, what does he discover about the lawyer's wife?
(a) That she was very old.
(b) That she was pregnant.
(c) That she was strangled.
(d) That she had a fatal disease.
6. What did the lawyer support that dismayed his father-in-law?
(b) Drug warlords.
(d) Concentration camps.
7. What is the fee that Gunther receives for his work?
(a) One thousand marks.
(b) Forty thousand marks.
(c) Eight thousand pounds.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
8. Who is Gunther's best informant in Book 1?
9. When the Gestapo pick up Gunther, to whom do they deliver him?
10. What does Stahlecker tell Gunther about Paul Pfarr?
(a) That he killed his wife.
(b) That he was a member of the Gestapo.
(c) That he was an arsonist.
(d) That he was the thief.
11. What are the directions on the paper that the prisoner grips in March Violets, Chapters 14-19 for?
(a) Inge's location.
(b) Grete's hideout.
(c) To find Pfarr.
(d) Location of a briefcase.
12. Who goes to the nightclub to meet with Dieter?
(a) Gunther and Inge.
(b) Grete and Paul.
(c) Mutschmann and Bock.
(d) Von Gries and Haupthandler.
13. What does Gunther have made in order to gain access to Jeschonnek's files?
(a) A clay cast of two office keys.
(b) A security certificate.
(c) A fingerprint duplicate.
(d) An ID card.
14. How many bodies of dead teenage girls have been found when Gunther joins the case?
15. What or who is Urania?
(a) A code name for drugs.
(b) A secret meeting place for Dr. Kindermann and his patients.
(c) A magazine about the occult.
(d) Reinhard's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nightclub that Dieter likes to visit?
2. Where does Gunther and his team visit in search of clues for the serial murders?
3. Who eventually dies from torture in March Violets, Chapters 14-19?
4. Who is Dr. Kindermann?
5. What does the industrialist offer Gunther that encourages him to start work immediately?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)