|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the party official in Nuremberg that publishes an anti-Semitic magazine showing pictures similar to the murder?
(a) Marlene Dieter.
(b) Julius Streicher.
(c) Hans Becker.
(d) Dr. Kindermann.
2. Who goes to the nightclub to meet with Dieter?
(a) Grete and Paul.
(b) Von Gries and Haupthandler.
(c) Gunther and Inge.
(d) Mutschmann and Bock.
3. Who did the German Strength group kill?
(a) Kurt Mutschmann.
(b) Gerhard Von Greis.
(c) Red Dieter.
4. Why did Pfarr have Von Greis arrested?
(a) To gain access to documentation.
(b) To save him.
(c) To stop him talking to the judge.
(d) To grill him with questions.
5. What did Six reveal to Pfarr that made him furious?
(a) That he was leading a resistance against Hitler.
(b) That he did not love his daughter.
(c) That he was responsible for the jewel heist.
(d) That Grete was part-gypsy.
6. When Gunther returns to his office and finds two criminal investigators there, what does he notice about his office?
(a) It is burning.
(b) It is empty.
(c) It is flooded.
(d) It has been torn apart.
7. Who is angry over Paul's death and hires a team of investigators?
8. Who did Haupthandler's conspirators have in their custody and plan to torture?
(a) Jeschonnek and Marlene.
(b) Eva and Inge.
(c) Goering and Dieter.
(d) Haupthandler and Grete.
9. What is the new title the Gestapo confers on Gunther in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
10. Who reveals his treachery to Gunther?
11. What was found behind a false panel in Inge's bathroom?
(a) Drug paraphernalia.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(c) British spy papers.
12. When Gunther visits the morgue, what does he discover about the lawyer's wife?
(a) That she was pregnant.
(b) That she was very old.
(c) That she was strangled.
(d) That she had a fatal disease.
13. When Gunther receives an anonymous note about a former missing person's case, where does he go?
(a) A Gestapo secret cell.
(b) A burned-out Reichstag building.
(c) A Nazi concentration camp.
(d) A German Strength cellar.
14. Where does the trail of letters lead Gunther to?
(a) Reinhard's apartment.
(b) Bruno's apartment.
(c) Klaus' apartment.
(d) Lange's apartment.
15. How many letters had the publisher acquired before talking to Gunther?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Berlin Chief of Criminal Police that Gunther meets?
2. What does Gunther offer the reporter friend as a job?
3. What happened to women when the Third Reich established itself?
4. Who does Gunther learns is behind the ambush?
5. What does the publisher tell Gunther about Reinhard?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)