|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Gestapo pick up Gunther, to whom do they deliver him?
2. Where did Paul Pfarr spend a lot of time at that Gunther discovers?
(a) The Underground Dutch resistance.
(b) The British Consulate.
(c) The Gestapo office.
(d) The German Labor Service.
3. How many letters had the publisher acquired before talking to Gunther?
4. When Gunther goes to Von Greis's apartment, who does he run into?
(a) Hermann Six.
(b) Eva Mutschmann.
(c) A Gestapo officer.
(d) Inge Lorenze.
5. Who is the reporter friend that did research for Gunther on Six?
(a) Von Himmler.
(b) Eva Mustchmann.
(c) Inge Lorenz.
(d) William Pfarr.
6. What does Dieter know about Gunther?
(a) That he is sick.
(b) That he is looking for jewels.
(c) That he is American.
(d) That he loves Inge.
7. What does the industrialist offer Gunther that encourages him to start work immediately?
(a) A big fee.
(b) Access to his files.
(c) A car.
(d) His support.
8. What does Stahlecker tell Gunther about Paul Pfarr?
(a) That he was an arsonist.
(b) That he was the thief.
(c) That he killed his wife.
(d) That he was a member of the Gestapo.
9. What did the rings mentioned in Book 1 consist of?
10. What is the name of Pfarr's mistress?
11. When Becker interviews girls at the school of a missing girl, what does he learn?
(a) A new teacher had begun work the same day the girl went missing.
(b) The girl was taken the same day as her birthday.
(c) A man had been sleeping in the basement of the school.
(d) A man in uniform drove to the school at dismissal.
12. What is the story Gunther makes up about jewelry to find out who the thief is?
(a) That it belonged to Hitler's grandmother.
(b) That it is insured for $1 million pounds.
(c) That it came from the London Tate Museum.
(d) That it was was stolen from an Indian princess currently staying at the Adlon Hotel.
13. Who did Haupthandler's conspirators have in their custody and plan to torture?
(a) Jeschonnek and Marlene.
(b) Eva and Inge.
(c) Goering and Dieter.
(d) Haupthandler and Grete.
14. What was Dr. Kindermann and Reinhard's relationship?
(a) They were lovers.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were combat warriors together.
(d) They were father and son.
15. Who eventually dies from torture in March Violets, Chapters 14-19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on Gunther's team in addition to the forensic experts?
2. What is Bernhard Gunther most concerned about losing in Book 1?
3. What is Nazi Germany's capital city of Berlin preparing for in Book 1?
4. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
5. Who is the wealthy German industrialist that needs Gunther's services as a private investigator?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)