|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the industrialist offer Gunther that encourages him to start work immediately?
(a) Access to his files.
(b) A big fee.
(c) His support.
(d) A car.
2. Who reveals his treachery to Gunther?
3. Who is one of Goering's biggest rivals?
4. What does Frau Schmidt tell Gunther about Paul?
(a) He fought a lot with his wife Grete.
(b) He killed a man.
(c) He stole money from his firm.
(d) He was a cheater.
5. Who does Gunther realize has motives to steal the necklace?
(a) Mutschmann and Bock.
(b) Dieter and Haupthandler.
(c) Six and Von Greis.
(d) Pfarr and Goering.
6. What was found behind a false panel in Inge's bathroom?
(a) Drug paraphernalia.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(d) British spy papers.
7. What did the lawyer support that dismayed his father-in-law?
(a) Drug warlords.
(d) Concentration camps.
8. What does the publisher tell Gunther about Reinhard?
(a) He is in jail and is innocent.
(b) He is homosexual and being blackmailed.
(c) He is planning a suicide bomb.
(d) He is killing innocent Jews.
9. Why does the Gestapo not want to charge Six?
(a) So that they can have his money.
(b) So that they can use him as a pawn in an arms race.
(c) So that they will not displease Hitler.
(d) So they can have access to incriminating evidence.
10. Who is on Gunther's team in addition to the forensic experts?
(a) Marlene, Dieter, and Himmler.
(b) Korsch, Deubel, and Becker.
(c) Becker, Kindermann, and Urania.
(d) Streicher, Lange, and Hans.
11. Who is shot in the altercation by Six's boat with the police?
12. What is the new title the Gestapo confers on Gunther in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
13. Where did Paul Pfarr spend a lot of time at that Gunther discovers?
(a) The Gestapo office.
(b) The Underground Dutch resistance.
(c) The British Consulate.
(d) The German Labor Service.
14. What is the name of Pfarr's mistress?
15. Where does the trail of letters lead Gunther to?
(a) Lange's apartment.
(b) Bruno's apartment.
(c) Reinhard's apartment.
(d) Klaus' apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gunther goes to the residence of Tillesson, what does he find there?
2. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
3. Who is the reporter friend that did research for Gunther on Six?
4. Who is finally released from the prison at the end of March Violets, Chapter 14?
5. Who is waiting in ambush for Gunther?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)