|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Paul love that Six hated?
2. What was Dr. Kindermann and Reinhard's relationship?
(a) They were combat warriors together.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were father and son.
(d) They were lovers.
3. When Gunther goes to the burned house, who or what arrives?
(a) Grete's maid.
(b) A package for him.
(c) Six's daughter.
(d) A letter for Paul.
4. Who in the German Strength group is looking for Mutschmann?
(b) Red Dieter.
(c) Hans Bock.
5. Who is Gunther's best informant in Book 1?
6. Where does Gunther and his team visit in search of clues for the serial murders?
(a) Underground theater.
(b) Pornographic shops and a brothel.
(c) High end nightclub.
(d) Gestapo headquarters.
7. Who does Gunther learns is behind the ambush?
8. Who is waiting in ambush for Gunther?
(a) A large man outside the bar.
(b) Six and his team.
(c) Eva and her prostitutes.
(d) Dieter and his followers.
9. Who is the actual owner of Greis' apartment?
10. When Gunther is taken to the police station, what does he tell the police?
(a) Everything he knows about Inge and Eva.
(b) Everything he knows about the jewel heist and the thieves' escape.
(c) Everything he knows about Haupthandler and Jeschonnek.
(d) Everything he knows about Von Greis and Hermann Six.
11. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
(a) Marlene Sahm.
(b) Inge Lorenz.
(c) Von Greis.
12. Why does the Gestapo not want to charge Six?
(a) So that they can have his money.
(b) So that they can use him as a pawn in an arms race.
(c) So that they will not displease Hitler.
(d) So they can have access to incriminating evidence.
13. Why does the Gestapo need Gunther's expertise in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
(a) To stop Himmler from blowing up the Oppenheimer bridge.
(b) To solve the case of serial murders of teenage girls.
(c) To find Reinhard and his machine guns.
(d) To appease the wrath of Adolph Hitler.
14. Who is angry over Paul's death and hires a team of investigators?
15. What happened to women when the Third Reich established itself?
(a) They became sex symbols.
(b) They became slaves.
(c) They were imprisoned in camps.
(d) They had to stay at home to raise children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goering tell Gunther about Von Greis?
2. What does Frau Schmidt tell Gunther about Paul?
3. What is the new title the Gestapo confers on Gunther in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
4. What did Six reveal to Pfarr that made him furious?
5. What did the lawyer support that dismayed his father-in-law?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)