|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gunther goes to Von Greis's apartment, who does he run into?
(a) A Gestapo officer.
(b) Inge Lorenze.
(c) Eva Mutschmann.
(d) Hermann Six.
2. Who is Kurt Mutschmann?
(a) The Gestapo chief.
(b) The Austrian spy hired by Six.
(c) The head of the German Strength group.
(d) The premier safecracker recently released from prison.
3. What is the nightclub that Dieter likes to visit?
(a) Germania Roof.
4. What does Gunther have made in order to gain access to Jeschonnek's files?
(a) An ID card.
(b) A security certificate.
(c) A clay cast of two office keys.
(d) A fingerprint duplicate.
5. Who does Gunther sent to wait in his car to wait outside Haupthandler's beach house?
6. What does Gunther show at Haupthandler's beachfront apartment to gain access?
(a) The SS badge.
(b) The key to Jeschonnek's office.
(c) The diamond necklace.
(d) The manuscripts of Mutschmann.
7. Why did Pfarr have Von Greis arrested?
(a) To grill him with questions.
(b) To stop him talking to the judge.
(c) To gain access to documentation.
(d) To save him.
8. Who did Haupthandler's conspirators have in their custody and plan to torture?
(a) Haupthandler and Grete.
(b) Eva and Inge.
(c) Jeschonnek and Marlene.
(d) Goering and Dieter.
9. As a self-employed private investigator, Gunther got a new partner. Who is it?
(a) Bruno Stahlecker.
(b) Urania Reinhard.
(c) Inge Lorenz.
(d) Frau Lange.
10. Who shows a deep interest in the possibility of sharing a reward with Gunther for the return of jewelry?
(a) Gert Jeschonnek.
(b) Julia Schmidt.
(c) Adolph Hitler.
(d) William Stahlecker.
11. Who is the lawyer working for the Department of the Interior who was murdered, which Gunther is asked to investigate?
(a) Doktor Hermann Six.
(b) Frau Schmidt.
(c) Paul Pfarr.
(d) Dagmarr Lehman.
12. What is Herring clutching in his fist when he is found dead in his apartment?
(a) A small SS pin.
(b) A gold pendant.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A key.
13. Who does Gunther realize has motives to steal the necklace?
(a) Mutschmann and Bock.
(b) Pfarr and Goering.
(c) Six and Von Greis.
(d) Dieter and Haupthandler.
14. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
(a) A ring.
(b) A golden chain.
(c) A pair of emerald earrings.
(d) A diamond necklace.
15. Who eventually dies from torture in March Violets, Chapters 14-19?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gunther goes to Haupthandler's residence, who does he find there?
2. When Gunther goes to the residence of Tillesson, what does he find there?
3. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
4. What is the horrific disease that the prisoner who has knowledge of the location of documents, dying of?
5. Where does the trail of letters lead Gunther to?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)