|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Klaus Herring?
(a) Dr. Kindermann incognito.
(b) Reinhard's boss.
(c) A male nurse at Gunther's hospital.
(d) Urania's brother.
2. Who did the criminal information that Pfarr had pertain to?
(a) Hermann Six.
(d) Red Dieter.
3. Who does Gunther learns is behind the ambush?
4. Who dies in self-defense at Haupthandler's apartment?
5. What is the new title the Gestapo confers on Gunther in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
6. What is the story Gunther makes up about jewelry to find out who the thief is?
(a) That it was was stolen from an Indian princess currently staying at the Adlon Hotel.
(b) That it came from the London Tate Museum.
(c) That it belonged to Hitler's grandmother.
(d) That it is insured for $1 million pounds.
7. Who did Haupthandler's conspirators have in their custody and plan to torture?
(a) Goering and Dieter.
(b) Eva and Inge.
(c) Jeschonnek and Marlene.
(d) Haupthandler and Grete.
8. What or who is Urania?
(a) A secret meeting place for Dr. Kindermann and his patients.
(b) A code name for drugs.
(c) A magazine about the occult.
(d) Reinhard's lover.
9. Who is the reporter friend that did research for Gunther on Six?
(a) Eva Mustchmann.
(b) William Pfarr.
(c) Inge Lorenz.
(d) Von Himmler.
10. Who is the actual owner of Greis' apartment?
11. When Gunther goes to the burned house, who or what arrives?
(a) Grete's maid.
(b) Six's daughter.
(c) A letter for Paul.
(d) A package for him.
12. When Gunther is taken to the police station, what does he tell the police?
(a) Everything he knows about Inge and Eva.
(b) Everything he knows about Von Greis and Hermann Six.
(c) Everything he knows about Haupthandler and Jeschonnek.
(d) Everything he knows about the jewel heist and the thieves' escape.
13. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
(a) Von Greis.
(b) Inge Lorenz.
(c) Marlene Sahm.
14. What is Herring clutching in his fist when he is found dead in his apartment?
(a) A small SS pin.
(b) A key.
(c) A gold pendant.
(d) A piece of paper.
15. What was Dr. Kindermann and Reinhard's relationship?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were father and son.
(c) They were combat warriors together.
(d) They were lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mutschmann's cell mate in prison?
2. When Gunther goes to Haupthandler's residence, who does he find there?
3. Who is angry over Paul's death and hires a team of investigators?
4. Who is shot in the altercation by Six's boat with the police?
5. What is Bernhard Gunther most concerned about losing in Book 1?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)