|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eventually dies from torture in March Violets, Chapters 14-19?
2. What does Gunther have made in order to gain access to Jeschonnek's files?
(a) A fingerprint duplicate.
(b) An ID card.
(c) A clay cast of two office keys.
(d) A security certificate.
3. What is the fee that Gunther receives for his work?
(a) Eight thousand pounds.
(b) One thousand marks.
(c) Forty thousand marks.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
4. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
(a) Inge Lorenz.
(b) Marlene Sahm.
(c) Von Greis.
5. What is Bernhard Gunther most concerned about losing in Book 1?
(a) His job as a reporter.
(b) His secretary, Dagmarr Lehman.
(c) His house in Berlin.
(d) His lover, Grete Six.
6. Who is found hiding in prison willingly to avoid being caught by Dieter?
7. What was found behind a false panel in Inge's bathroom?
(b) British spy papers.
(c) Drug paraphernalia.
(d) Nazi propaganda.
8. As a self-employed private investigator, Gunther got a new partner. Who is it?
(a) Inge Lorenz.
(b) Urania Reinhard.
(c) Frau Lange.
(d) Bruno Stahlecker.
9. When Gunther visits the morgue, what does he discover about the lawyer's wife?
(a) That she was very old.
(b) That she was strangled.
(c) That she was pregnant.
(d) That she had a fatal disease.
10. What did the rings mentioned in Book 1 consist of?
11. When Gunther goes to the burned house, who or what arrives?
(a) A package for him.
(b) Six's daughter.
(c) A letter for Paul.
(d) Grete's maid.
12. When Gunther goes to the residence of Tillesson, what does he find there?
(a) The dead body of Von Greis and partially-burned papers.
(b) Paul Pfarr's clothing and his mistress.
(c) Two dead bodies that appear to be Pfarr and Grete.
(d) A large sum of money and a chest full of clothes.
13. Who does Gunther realize has motives to steal the necklace?
(a) Mutschmann and Bock.
(b) Dieter and Haupthandler.
(c) Pfarr and Goering.
(d) Six and Von Greis.
14. When the Gestapo pick up Gunther, to whom do they deliver him?
15. What does Gunther show at Haupthandler's beachfront apartment to gain access?
(a) The diamond necklace.
(b) The SS badge.
(c) The key to Jeschonnek's office.
(d) The manuscripts of Mutschmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting in ambush for Gunther?
2. Who does Gunther sent to wait in his car to wait outside Haupthandler's beach house?
3. What does Hans Bock finally reveal to Gunther about the German Strength?
4. What is the shocking discovery that Gunther makes about Pfarr's mistress?
5. Who is Gunther's best informant in Book 1?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)