|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dieter know about Gunther?
(a) That he is American.
(b) That he is looking for jewels.
(c) That he is sick.
(d) That he loves Inge.
2. Why does the Gestapo need Gunther's expertise in The Pale Criminal, Part I?
(a) To appease the wrath of Adolph Hitler.
(b) To find Reinhard and his machine guns.
(c) To solve the case of serial murders of teenage girls.
(d) To stop Himmler from blowing up the Oppenheimer bridge.
3. What does Gunther's best informant tell him about the safe cracker?
(a) That he was a member of the Gestapo.
(b) That he was employed by Himmler.
(c) That he was a sole operative.
(d) That he was probably a member of a ring.
4. Who did the German Strength group kill?
(b) Kurt Mutschmann.
(c) Gerhard Von Greis.
(d) Red Dieter.
5. Who is Pfarr's former secretary that Gunther meets with?
(a) Von Greis.
(b) Inge Lorenz.
(d) Marlene Sahm.
6. Who is missing that Gunther becomes frantic about?
7. Who is the wealthy German industrialist that needs Gunther's services as a private investigator?
(a) Dagmarr Lehman.
(b) Doktor Hermann Six.
(c) Paul Pfarr.
(d) Frau Schmidt.
8. Who is finally released from the prison at the end of March Violets, Chapter 14?
9. What does Gunther have made in order to gain access to Jeschonnek's files?
(a) An ID card.
(b) A clay cast of two office keys.
(c) A security certificate.
(d) A fingerprint duplicate.
10. Who takes Gunther to Goering's home?
(a) Hermann Six.
(b) Eva Haupthandler.
(c) Officer Reinacker.
(d) Inge Lorenz.
11. Who shows a deep interest in the possibility of sharing a reward with Gunther for the return of jewelry?
(a) Gert Jeschonnek.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Julia Schmidt.
(d) William Stahlecker.
12. When Gunther goes to Haupthandler's residence, who does he find there?
(a) Inge, Eva, and Jeschonnek.
(b) Haupthandler, Jeschonnek, and a mistress.
(c) Haupthandler, Dieter, and Goering.
(d) Dieter, Mutschmann, and Bock.
13. When Gunther is taken to the police station, what does he tell the police?
(a) Everything he knows about the jewel heist and the thieves' escape.
(b) Everything he knows about Inge and Eva.
(c) Everything he knows about Von Greis and Hermann Six.
(d) Everything he knows about Haupthandler and Jeschonnek.
14. When Gunther returns to his office, who is the publisher that calls him?
(a) Frau Lange.
(b) Arthur Nebe.
(c) Urania Reinhard.
(d) Bruno Stahlecker.
15. What are the directions on the paper that the prisoner grips in March Violets, Chapters 14-19 for?
(a) Inge's location.
(b) Grete's hideout.
(c) Location of a briefcase.
(d) To find Pfarr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting in ambush for Gunther?
2. Who is the member of the German Strength that visited Mutschmann in prison?
3. Who is the party official in Nuremberg that publishes an anti-Semitic magazine showing pictures similar to the murder?
4. When Gunther goes to the residence of Tillesson, what does he find there?
5. When Gunther is imprisoned, who does he find out has been killed?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)