|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gunther's best informant tell him about the safe cracker?
(a) That he was probably a member of a ring.
(b) That he was a sole operative.
(c) That he was a member of the Gestapo.
(d) That he was employed by Himmler.
2. Who shows a deep interest in the possibility of sharing a reward with Gunther for the return of jewelry?
(a) Julia Schmidt.
(b) William Stahlecker.
(c) Gert Jeschonnek.
(d) Adolph Hitler.
3. Who is finally released from the prison at the end of March Violets, Chapter 14?
4. Why did Pfarr have Von Greis arrested?
(a) To gain access to documentation.
(b) To grill him with questions.
(c) To save him.
(d) To stop him talking to the judge.
5. Who did the German Strength group kill?
(a) Gerhard Von Greis.
(b) Red Dieter.
(c) Kurt Mutschmann.
6. When Gunther visits the morgue, what does he discover about the lawyer's wife?
(a) That she was strangled.
(b) That she had a fatal disease.
(c) That she was very old.
(d) That she was pregnant.
7. What does Gunther offer the reporter friend as a job?
(a) Personal secretary.
(c) Researcher position.
8. Who eventually dies from torture in March Violets, Chapters 14-19?
9. Who is the Berlin Chief of Criminal Police that Gunther meets?
(a) Frau Lange.
(b) Bruno Stahlecker.
(c) Arthur Nebe.
(d) Urania Reinhard.
10. What does Stahlecker tell Gunther about Paul Pfarr?
(a) That he killed his wife.
(b) That he was the thief.
(c) That he was an arsonist.
(d) That he was a member of the Gestapo.
11. Who is one of Goering's biggest rivals?
12. Who is the professor of forensic medicine that Gunther brings to assist him on the case of the serial murder of teenage girls in Berlin?
(a) Hans Illmann.
(c) Frau Von Hofe.
(d) Reinhard Lange.
13. What does Frau Schmidt tell Gunther about Paul?
(a) He fought a lot with his wife Grete.
(b) He was a cheater.
(c) He stole money from his firm.
(d) He killed a man.
14. What does the publisher tell Gunther about Reinhard?
(a) He is homosexual and being blackmailed.
(b) He is killing innocent Jews.
(c) He is in jail and is innocent.
(d) He is planning a suicide bomb.
15. What did Six reveal to Pfarr that made him furious?
(a) That Grete was part-gypsy.
(b) That he was responsible for the jewel heist.
(c) That he was leading a resistance against Hitler.
(d) That he did not love his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the trail of letters lead Gunther to?
2. Who is shot in the altercation by Six's boat with the police?
3. Who is Dr. Kindermann?
4. What is the shocking discovery that Gunther makes about Pfarr's mistress?
5. When Gunther goes to the burned house, who or what arrives?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)