Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book I: March Violets, Chapters 1-9
1. Describe Bernhard Gunther.
2. Why does Hermann Six want Gunther's services?
3. What does the maid tell Gunther about the deceased couple?
4. Where does Gunther go in search of the diamond necklace and what does he find?
5. When Gunther goes to the morgue, what does he learn about Grete?
6. Who does Gunther suspect is the thief and what does he do about it?
7. Describe the German Strength.
This section contains 780 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)