1. What is Nazi Germany's capital city of Berlin preparing for in Book 1?
2. What is Bernhard Gunther most concerned about losing in Book 1?
His secretary, Dagmarr Lehman.
3. Who is the wealthy German industrialist that needs Gunther's services as a private investigator?
Doktor Hermann Six.
4. Who is the lawyer working for the Department of the Interior who was murdered, which Gunther is asked to investigate?
5. When the safe was ransacked, what valuable possession was taken out of the lawyer's home?
A diamond necklace.
6. What does the industrialist offer Gunther that encourages him to start work immediately?
A big fee.
This section contains 4,190 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)